The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fire Rutherford & Allvin

Rate this topic

MtnHockeyGuy

On 1/15/2023 at 3:04 AM, Dazzle said:

Cami is part of this. She is responsible for THIS iteration of the team, which includes hiring Rachel. Cami is assistant GM.

And I agree, Allvin looks like he is a newbie and absentee GM. JR is the voice of the GM, but is kinda retired? Don't know what's going on here, but this mess is everyone's fault.

None of them were present at the STH meeting, which is just BAD. As I mentioned before, Cami was partly responsible for year one Seattle (bad). She comes over to this team and look what happens. I don't know if it's a coincidence, but that's two bad teams in a row.

Lol blaming Cammi for year one in Seattle is ridiculous, very clear they actually had a plan and their success this season is proving that. 

They didn’t just suddenly improve cause Cammi left. 

• Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

3 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Lol blaming Cammi for year one in Seattle is ridiculous, very clear they actually had a plan and their success this season is proving that. 

They didn’t just suddenly improve cause Cammi left. 

There's a theme with this. Cammi coincidentally worked for two very bad teams in which she had management type roles in it. Why did she leave so quickly after the first year, and to a divisional rival?

I'm not saying Vancouver is all her fault. I'm just not liking this theme.

It's not her fault that this team is trash. Management hired her along with everyone else who have ALL made a mess.

21 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

There's a theme with this. Cammi coincidentally worked for two very bad teams in which she had management type roles in it. Why did she leave so quickly after the first year, and to a divisional rival?

It's not her fault that this team is trash. Management hired her along with everyone else who have ALL made a mess.

Seattle very clearly had a plan and it has paid off even trading for draft capital at the deadline with a bunch of 1 year contract players. 

That first “bad” year was entirely by design and they’re already a strongly improved team with a ton of draft picks, 20 in the next 2 drafts alone. 

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

22 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Does Cammi’s term have her longer than the 1.5 years left on JR and Allvin?  

On 1/15/2023 at 12:39 AM, Nave said:

It's too early to say. Mikheyev and especially Kuzmenko have been great additions. I am a little bit frustrated with the draft, because we didn't draft a defenseman despite the obvious need. But we should wait until the TDL to bring the pitchforks out. 

I think we should be standing around the TDL table with pitchforks in hand

no need to wait more than an hour past deadline to start pitchin' n' forkin'

• Haha 1
  • There it is 1

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Seattle very clearly had a plan and it has paid off even trading for draft capital at the deadline with a bunch of 1 year contract players. 

That first “bad” year was entirely by design and they’re already a strongly improved team with a ton of draft picks, 20 in the next 2 drafts alone. 

Yup.  Super smart by Francis “The Talking Mule”.  

5 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

There was no need to tank by design though. They were automatically given a high first round pick as part of being an expansion team. They got Shane Wright.

Another thing about Cami - if she was truly behind the scenes with Seattle, she should have some insider information about Seattle. That just wasn't the case though. Seattle felt pretty comfortable letting her go.

They wasted their expansion draft, but I honestly have to say I was wrong about the direction of their team. I thought they'd be bad for a good few years. Instead, the Canucks ARE bad.

Edited by Dazzle

Rutherford; “ when I came on board I thought we needed minor surgery. Now it looks like we need major surgery”. ??? A few minutes later he says we don’t a rebuild just a retool. These two statements baffle me. It looks like dementia to me. Throwing BB under the bus. All season  or rather since he got here. Signing miller before horvat. Another baffling blunder. Jr is destroying the team literally. Visually from a national media perspective he’s doing irreparable damage to what was a respected team to the laughing stock of the the whole league. JRs single handedly ruining this team!!!!     I’m not big on sid seixiro I think he’s got a big mouth but in this one he’s bang on 

Edited by chon derry
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

There was no need to tank by design though. They were automatically given a high first round pick as part of being an expansion team. They got Shane Wright.

Another thing about Cami - if she was truly behind the scenes with Seattle, she should have some insider information about Seattle. That just wasn't the case though. Seattle felt pretty comfortable letting her go.

They wasted their expansion draft, but I honestly have to say I was wrong about the direction of their team. I thought they'd be bad for a good few years. Instead, the Canucks ARE bad.

They weren’t given a pick, they finished third last and dropped 1 spot to 4th overall and got lucky no one picked the projected number 1 pick all year in the top 3. 

The plan very clearly was to collect draft capital they had 11 picks last draft including one in the top 5 and 20 to come in the next two drafts. This was by design and has worked out to be an excellent plan so far. 

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Cheers 1

On 1/15/2023 at 1:31 PM, stawns said:

I have zero issues with the OEL/Garland trade.  Both guys are solid players and they gave up very little to get them.

:wacko::picard:

Edited by PuckYa
  • Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

1 hour ago, chon derry said:

Rutherford; “ when I came on board I thought we needed minor surgery. Now it looks like we need major surgery”. ??? A few minutes later he says we don’t a rebuild just a retool. These two statements baffle me. It looks like dementia to me. Throwing BB under the bus. All season  or rather since he got here. Signing miller before horvat. Another baffling blunder. Jr is destroying the team literally. Visually from a national media perspective he’s doing irreparable damage to what was a respected team to the laughing stock of the the whole league. JRs single handedly ruining this team!!!!     I’m not big on sid seixiro I think he’s got a big mouth but in this one he’s bang on 

Maybe Bettman is behind JR plan?

Maybe they do enough damage where AQ sells the team?

Maybe that's the real plan?

:ph34r:

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, chon derry said:

that was awesome

I thought we were tanking

belongs up there with 

"Playoffs?

and "Practice?"

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PuckYa said:

Maybe Bettman is behind JR plan?

Maybe they do enough damage where AQ sells the team?

Maybe that's the real plan?

:ph34r:

Bettman probably likes AQ

he has money to burn 

and is no threat to bring the cup to canada

I wonder what Stan Smyl is thinking right now?

It is barely a year since his impassioned speech about the team losing its way

Does he now go to Franko and say, "We made a mistake, we made it worse"?

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, chon derry said:

Who are those guys?

I recognize Sid

what struck me, is then the guy on the left says "its a shame"

and Sid say, "why? I believe in karma..."

I think of all the times I have read on this forum the hate and mockery of the Oilers and Leafs, and how Jim Benning was going to do it right, better than the Shanaplan or Oilers signing the "Old Guard"

and the TRUE fans who berate the BAND wagon fans

Some were complaining because Canada didn't get behind the Canucks in 2011

I see some of those fans now backtracking, but the holier than thou attitudes of Canuck fans has always been irksome

There are many fans of this team that deserve this as much as the ownership does

not all fans, but some

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, chon derry said:

the other thing Sid says, that kind of flies under the radar is,

"If I were Petey or HUghes, I'd say get me out of here"

Some folks think we have til the end of their contracts to figure things out, it might be too late already

• Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, lmm said:

Who are those guys?

I recognize Sid

what struck me, is then the guy on the left says "its a shame"

and Sid say, "why? I believe in karma..."

I think of all the times I have read on this forum the hate and mockery of the Oilers and Leafs, and how Jim Benning was going to do it right, better than the Shanaplan or Oilers signing the "Old Guard"

and the TRUE fans who berate the BAND wagon fans

Some were complaining because Canada didn't get behind the Canucks in 2011

I see some of those fans now backtracking, but the holier than thou attitudes of Canuck fans has always been irksome

There are many fans of this team that deserve this as much as the ownership does

not all fans, but some

Agreed. Some of those TRUE fans that you’ve said have tried to shoot down any negativity opinions on how this team has been run into the ground. They are a big part of the problem of not accepting reality and where we really are. It’s a hockey forum but I’ll never belittle or try and chastise someone’s opinion on how they feel about the team. Others think you aren’t a “real/true fan” if you have an against the grain thought of this team. 

The criticism is warranted and those that have been posting their concerns have some vindication. There is loyalty and then there is blue and green colored goggles. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1