The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fire Rutherford & Allvin

Rate this topic

MtnHockeyGuy

58 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

No, before the trades when she was in on scouting the drafted guys. As I mentioned, six of the Seattle seven d-men were original draft picks. Somebody had to be part of the scouting crew that identified those guys. And they didn't actually get rid of her, she was hired away based on the work she had already done in helping build the Kraken. The bigger issue is why do you want to diminish Cammi Granato's ability? Threatened by competent females in a field you don't think they should be in?

Why do posters like you always jump to the insults and making things up to try to win a discussion? I say something and now I am threatened by women, stupid posters say stupid things I guess.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

No, before the trades when she was in on scouting the drafted guys. As I mentioned, six of the Seattle seven d-men were original draft picks. Somebody had to be part of the scouting crew that identified those guys. And they didn't actually get rid of her, she was hired away based on the work she had already done in helping build the Kraken. The bigger issue is why do you want to diminish Cammi Granato's ability? Threatened by competent females in a field you don't think they should be in?

Granato spent two COMPLETE seasons with two different teams, and the results are the same. Management as a whole deserves the blame, especially JR because he assembled the front staff.

Gender is not the issue here. The fact that you keep bringing it up shows a dishonest narrative. We have a mixture of inexperienced staff and we see it on the ice. Hell, they even hired Doerrie whose career here didn't even last before the start of the season. This management sucks at assessing players. Credit goes to them though for picking out UFAs like Mikheyev and Kuzmenko though.

Craig Button said it best - this organization neglected the weakest part of the team and filled out the roster with forwards.

We are at the bottom of the league. There's no excuses.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Gender is not the issue here. The fact that you keep bringing it up shows a dishonest narrative. We have a mixture of inexperienced staff and we see it on the ice.

I thought I brought it up once. And why is it dishonest? How am I lying? 

On 1/15/2023 at 8:47 AM, OldFaithfulCap said:

Too early. Things take time.

Not a good start but if they clear space space, tank and get bedard and hire a decent coach NEXT year then i'll be on board. If they did a mid-season change to tocchet, push for wins and draft crap then i'd want a clean slate.

I don't think i've ever seen a firing handled worse. There's more dignity from the jaguars firing that jerk urban meyer. The absolutely comical jacksonville jaguars did it better. 

I'm fine with firing them now. I doubt their expertise in so many ways. I don't think they will trade well, i don't think they'll go for the tank. 

Fire them all, put someone decent in charge. A brian burke type or someone with respect but then again who wants to come here now. 

I hope the players give up now and tank hard. They've now got a great excuse to do so without harming their next contract.

• There it is 1

On 1/18/2023 at 9:07 PM, FaninMex said:

Why do posters like you always jump to the insults and making things up to try to win a discussion? I say something and now I am threatened by women, stupid posters say stupid things I guess.

The people who say that stuff are unhinged to the point where they can't take any criticism of a female as anything other than blatant sexism. I was extremely skeptical of the Granato hire, but also enthusiastic about the Castonguay hire. You'd think that would at least even me out to neutral in their eyes, right? Nope. Still sexist apparently. I was also unimpressed with the Clancy and Allvin hires, so you'd think I have something against men based on the fact that a woman was the only hiring I was optimistic about, but it doesn't work that way. 

There are always windmills to joust. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 1/14/2023 at 10:04 PM, MtnHockeyGuy said:

This experiment and attempted franchise turn-around has turned into an absolute travesty, and is going to have irreparable damage very soon. There is just absolutely no way, being a business owner and paying someone to make these decisions, you can sit by and let it continue. 

Is Allvin not our GM? Or is Rutherford our GM? When is the last time Allvin has actually spoken publicly to the fans? Rutherford seems to be doing all the talking, and the talking he does is putting this franchise in a dark hole. From a PR perspective (Doerrie, Pearson, Tocchet, Boudreau, Boeser, Horvats contract, etc) it has been HORRIBLE. I wouldn't put up with it, and quite frankly I am surprised Aquilini is also. 

The CULTURE. This team has been built absolutely terribly since these guys took over. We HAD character and great role-players. Looking at you Lammiko, Mott, and Chiasson. Hard workers, in your face, penalty killing role players. Gutted. Gone. These are the players that contribute to Playoff and Cup runs. Looking at YOU Kesler, Burrows, Hansen, Higgins, Torres.... This team has been built with absolutely no identity. 

The DRAFT. Sorry, Lekkerimaki.... totally frustrated with that one. 

The DRAMA. There is a big part of me that doesn't trust these "Insiders" like Friedman, Batch, Dhali. But if there IS truth to what's being put out there these days it is totally unacceptable. 

All signs are pointing to COACHING CHANGE? All signs should be pointing to a MANAGEMENT CHANGE. They've been an absolute disgrace to this club. Every time I hear Rutherford speak (not Allvin, because does he ever speak?), I feel like there is this black cloud getting bigger and bigger with acid rain falling on whatever foundation has been holding this franchise up, when it should be the sun getting a little bit brighter the further we go...

At this point I wouldn't even care of Aqua took over as interim GM.

People may say that Aqua pulls the strings here. But I do find it hard to believe that he's happy with the negative press that keeps building around his company and it's going to be affecting his pocket book. 

I, seriously don't believe it's all on management,

Ownership needs to shoulder a lot of the blame too.

FA has been watching all of this unfold, for years now, and has done nothing to fix it.

He has made management changes, sure but, hasn't truly fixed the problem.

One of my biggest questions concerns the term, Canuck hockey.

Does Aquaman even understand what that is?

Does he know what hockey is about, or what the Canuck fanbase is about?

Watching the moves he's made makes me seriously doubt it.

Owning a sports franchise is one thing but, understanding the sport and it's fans is quite another and requires insight, knowledge, and care.

Judging by what he's done to The Canuck Brand, I don't see any of these in his plans.

I am quite serious when I say, sell the team.

• Like 1
  • There it is 2

On 1/14/2023 at 10:45 PM, John_Guest said:

I don't like the fact that everybody and his dog in Vancouver knows the big problem is right D and the penalty kill.

They must have heard the rumour.

Yet they've made every kind of move and adjustment to everything but RD and the penalty kill.

I don't know though...maybe they've got something up their sleeve or something.

Ya they got jason king up their sleeves

The signing of JT Miller instead of trading him as a UFA for future assets while simultaneously leaving cap room for Horvat or another free agent is reason enough to fire them.

and the exact same situation applies to signing Boeser to a 3 year deal instead of a 1 year deal. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

5 hours ago, OldFaithfulCap said:

He did pretty awful in Carolina and this was well discussed when the hire went down. 

1 hour ago, brian42 said:

The signing of JT Miller instead of trading him as a UFA for future assets while simultaneously leaving cap room for Horvat or another free agent is reason enough to fire them.

and the exact same situation applies to signing Boeser to a 3 year deal instead of a 1 year deal. 

That signing and the OEL trade are absolute boat anchors with JR/Alvin being the ones who didn't deal JT and driving up the Brinks truck for him while absolutely neglecting the defense. Complete ineptitude. 

• There it is 2

22 hours ago, Eddie said:

Get these absolute muppets out now !! 

I'm currently disgusted by the franchise i've loved for so many years. 

J.R has no clue - His dribbling sound bytes are all over the place - The comments about Bruce and his structure set the tone of the season - Terrible idea to criticise the coach publicly in front of the players who haven't really seemed up for it all year. 

Pearson and other injury sagas, Dorrie mess, 'I should have retired after Pitts' crap, Not fixing the defence and blowing cap on wingers, Miller / Bo debacle, Bruce firing, Its all been covered extensively on here. 

Other than bringing in a few good 4th liners, minor trades and Kuzmenko ( which if i remember Bruce played a big part in ) - Its been a debacle start to finish. 

The only way up from here is to manage the Bo situation which I have ZERO faith in this clown show to do and maximize our draft position which doesn't seem to be the plan at all since they have just fired Bruce to assumedly bring in a new coach to catapult us up to a 13-14th draft pick where we will probably pick another injury prone Swedish bust noodle. 

Currently, Laughing stock of the league, and one of the worse major league franchises of the last 10 years and the only way seems down from here. Captain gone, botched trade deadline, rubbish draft position, Peterson / Hughes wanting out etc etc. 

Get rid of this garbage now, and if this is what Aqua wants - its about time to see him out too as this is unwatchable, depressing, shameful trash. 

I quoted this because word for word. Is perfect. was thinking of rewriting it in all CAPS.

This franchise is a joke.

• Like 1

The incompetence of this leadership group is worse then anything we have ever seen in Canucks History.  This leadership group in just over a year have made the Canucks the laughing stock of the league and even worse, has led to apathy from the fans.  There is nothing worse than an apathetic fan base that has stopped caring.  I will always be a Canucks fan, but that does not mean that I will settle for terrible leadership.  

On 1/22/2023 at 5:53 AM, McBackup said:

The people who say that stuff are unhinged to the point where they can't take any criticism of a female as anything other than blatant sexism. I was extremely skeptical of the Granato hire, but also enthusiastic about the Castonguay hire. You'd think that would at least even me out to neutral in their eyes, right? Nope. Still sexist apparently. I was also unimpressed with the Clancy and Allvin hires, so you'd think I have something against men based on the fact that a woman was the only hiring I was optimistic about, but it doesn't work that way. 

There are always windmills to joust. 

Not you specifically. But there is a contingent of people who are saying that this is what management gets for having diversity and being 'woke'.

Personally, the report card is still incomplete for me. I need to see more body of work. Gave Benning two years. I'll extend this group the same.

On 1/22/2023 at 3:55 PM, brian42 said:

BINGO !

• Upvote 1