The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Alex Nedeljkovic, Nick Caamano

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Waivers] Alex Nedeljkovic, Nick Caamano

I remember when fans were claiming that the trade for him was a steal (Bernier + 3rd) and that Yzerman was a genius. 

Turns out it wasn’t so great.

I was thinking we needed another goalie but he doesn’t really fit the bill. I’d rather try and sign another 24-25 year old big Swedish or Finnish goalie.

Almost hard to believe that Nedeljkovic has fallen so far. In 2021-22, he was one of the best rookies in the NHL with a .932 save percentage in 59 games. In the combined two years since then, he's below .900. Could still be better than what we have, but he also costs $3M, so it's a no-go.

We need to put a claim on him. Both Delia and Martin are capable backups with someone else carrying the workload. Not saying this is the answer but we need to try and limit goals against to like 3,4 or something per game. 
Can’t believe I’d ever be okay with that but this is where we are. We can’t keep giving up 5+ each game so lets try something at least.

29 minutes ago, CanuckFan1123 said:

Nedeljkovic is struggling but man that would be a great pickup right now. UFA after the season. No risk. I’d take a shot rather than watching Delia and Martin give up back to back 5 goal games every day until Demko is back. 

Just now, Spoosh said:

We need to put a claim on him. Both Delia and Martin are capable backups with someone else carrying the workload. Not saying this is the answer but we need to try and limit goals against to like 3,4 or something per game. 
Can’t believe I’d ever be okay with that but this is where we are. We can’t keep giving up 5+ each game so lets try something at least.

How do you propose we work with his $3M cap hit?

504952efa8d9130c1311fd6ad979f620.png

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

I remember when fans were claiming that the trade for him was a steal (Bernier + 3rd) and that Yzerman was a genius. 

Turns out it wasn’t so great.

I was thinking we needed another goalie but he doesn’t really fit the bill. I’d rather try and sign another 24-25 year old big Swedish or Finnish goalie.

It was a steal at the time