The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gino Odjick passes away

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Wow. This one stings. Some of my earliest childhood memories of the Canucks have Gino in them. I still remember chanting Gino! Gino! Gino! in our basement and flying around on the furniture (the only time nobody would notice and yell at me). Scoring goals in the NHL is hard, Gino's job was tough. 

Absolutely on the Canucks Mt. Rushmore of scrappers/fan favourites. Right up there beside Rypien.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Saw this on Twitter and seemed a fitting tribute. Beautiful image for a beautiful soul.

IIRC, Everson created it a while ago (minus the number), as an indigenous spin on the logo, but it fits very well with Gino’s #29.

I might come back and add some more words, but right now, even hours after first hearing the news, I’m still gutted and the words don’t come easily, or they somehow seem insufficient.

This one just hit me really hard. :( 

Rest in Peace, Gino.

• Like 2
  • Huggy Bear 2

What a dedicated player and a good human being Gino was.   Some of the very best top entertaining hockey this city ever saw - played with true heart & soul and a true human being off the ice.  You just don't see players like this anymore in todays "Homogenized" NHL.   

I'm sure he'll be in a good place. RIP Gino!!!                  image.jpeg.87abedaf9a70a071eb639788f15a7898.jpeg

Gino.   One of my favourite players on my favourite Canucks team.    Listening to Smyls words about how important he was for that team.   Sure the big Irishman is in the spirit world, welcoming him, sharing a cigar with Gino right now and watching over our team.    

Warrior class.   Every group needs guys like Gino.   RIP. 

image.jpeg.4873a2c849272c8501ed39b35d701b6d.jpeg

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 4

I highly encourage anyone who loves hockey to watch Ice Guardians. Gino (Dors, Guddy) attended the premier at the Rio and had a live forum at the end where they answered questions from members of the small audience. It was a very cool event. Gino shared stories and insight with his usual comedic flair.

A tidbit...true testament to their friendship, he actually has a child named Bure (Odjick)

I feel so sad today....like we've lost a friend.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

I highly encourage anyone who loves hockey to watch Ice Guardians. Gino (Dors, Guddy) attended the premier at the Rio and had a live forum at the end where they answered questions from members of the small audience. It was a very cool event. Gino shared stories and insight with his usual comedic flair.

Also...true testament to their friendship, Gino actually has a child named Bure (Odjick)

I feel so sad today....like we've lost a friend.

That 90s team.  I was probably 10 or 11, and i looked at those players like they were superheroes.  

• Like 1