The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Carolina Hurricanes | Jan. 15, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

They might not bring much in return, though. Certainly not likely a key piece on the back end. We’re better off trying to build up the D via trade rather than clearing cap and chasing in free agency.  

We can still move them to make wiggle room but Horvat or Kuzmenko are the type of player you can move that will improve the defence.

Boeser for Vrana. I’m calling it. Both need fresh starts. I believe in second chances 

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Devron said:

Yup 100% I think both have value. I think it’s all smoke from the media and fans. Other teams need wingers and both have had great seasons before and no I’m not talking Boesers rookie season. He’s had a few pretty darn good seasons.

I agree but I think his value was a lot higher before the cap stagnated.  

Might be worth hanging on until it goes up and he has a little less term if we’re looking to get the best return.  

Just my two cents. Been so weird lately I’m sure it’s all going to play out a way none of us predict.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, ilduce39 said:

They might not bring much in return, though. Certainly not likely a key piece on the back end. We’re better off trying to build up the D via trade rather than clearing cap and chasing in free agency.  

We can still move them to make wiggle room but Horvat or Kuzmenko are the type of player you can move that will improve the defence.

I want to move all 4 of them :ph34r:

1 minute ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Lekkerimakï :wub: 

Ughh...no comment lol

3 minutes ago, Devron said:

Abby looks great. It’s not all sh!t in this organization. The prospect pool isn’t spectacular but it’s underrated 

I wouldn't say underrated, right where it is expected to be with Hogs and Podz down there. Still need to do a better job developing down there. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, J-23 said:

I want to move all 4 of them :ph34r:

Ughh...no comment lol

I wouldn't say underrated, right where it is expected to be with Hogs and Podz down there. Still need to do a better job developing down there. 

I think it is. The way people talk around here we are last in everything 

• Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Muttley said:

Rod Brind'Amour will not be happy with how many times his players not only gave up on good chances but let up on the Canucks considerably many times.            

Bruce: "Hold my beer Rod."

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

Boeser and Garland need to be moved to improve defence.

Guys in the farm will replace them. Hogs, Podz. Down the road Karlsson, Kilmovich..

If anything, I'd rather to trade Garland for some improvement to D and something return for Horvat if another attempt for a new contract fails.  Brock has been better in late and I'd take a chance on him and use Garland's money to pay for Horvat's contract or D improvements.   Offensively, they have no problem with scoring on any situation whether we're trailing or leading but it's defence which is the biggest need and if we had D, we're a playoff team if we protect our lead better.   Trade Horvat if necessary as a last resort before trading deadline.  Brock can be traded for D in the off-season if we are struck out in free agent for top D.   Today's game is a mirage but it showed us that we can score if we need to at anytime.