The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Wednesday January 18 2023 - Vancouver Canucks vs Tampa Bay Lightning - 7pm PT/10pm ET - Vancouver

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

27 minutes ago, Neutral said:

he wore 16 for Canada, are high numbers not allowed for juniors? If Bedard ever became a Canuck I think I would much rather see a verse of 16 due to Linden # retired and Bedard wear #61 over 98...but I could care less if we ended up with Bedard that would be a huge win for the organization

He can wear any non retired number that he likes.

2 minutes ago, EP Phone Home said:

Hoping to see some recognition before the game tonight for Gino. One of the best brawlers ever. We lost a better person and fan favorite. Give him his due and acknowledge Gino. It’s respectful as an organization and to give the fans something to cheer about. I’ll be there raising my hat and beer tonight. Thanks Gino for all the memories of those lunch bucket 90’s teams.  

I'd be shocked and really disappointed if they don't have a tribute to Gino tonight. There's no way they don't do that... right?

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

I'd be shocked and really disappointed if they don't have a tribute to Gino tonight. There's no way they don't do that... right?

They absolutely need to acknowledge him. Was surprised there was no mention of him in the press conference on Monday. But like you I’d expect them to give Gino his due tonight. They owe it to one of the gems of that era. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

Exactly what I thought. Trade upcoming confirmed!

Also... OEL/Myers still? :picard:

Kuz Petey Myers

Milly BOEL

Mik GR bOES

Josh PDires

hug Schenn

Stiller Burr

Bear lazr

pumpin n tankin

19 hours ago, Neutral said:

Why are we keeping 8 NHL D on the roster? Is GM Alvin afraid to put Stillman on waivers and risk losing him...waive him and save some cash against the cap, every penny counts when it comes to maybe being able to get an asset for taking on some salary on an expiring contract...something I think you will see other bottom feeder teams accomplish but we don't have an abundance of cap room so need to save where possible.

Anyways, with the AHL team down the highway we can easily run 7D and if another gets hurt then we call someone up when needed

JR is saving face on Stillman 

how-i-met-your-mother-barney.gif

• Haha 1