The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Provorov declines pre-game pride night skate

Rate this topic

Slegr

1 minute ago, CanucksJay said:

No it's definitely true. Humans are definitely fallable for sure. 

But what I'm saying is that that's what we are called to do. Unfortunately it doesn't always happen. 

Although I think how you responded was highly disrespectful towards the beliefs of the Christianity.

Just because humans fall short of the ideals of the religion doesn't deserve the religion being mocked. 

Well your right there. Humans are definitely failing their religions, not the other way around. Provorov would fall directly in that group.

1 minute ago, CanucksJay said:

No it's definitely true. Humans are definitely fallable for sure. 

But what I'm saying is that that's what we are called to do. Unfortunately it doesn't always happen. 

Although I think how you responded was highly disrespectful towards the beliefs of the Christianity.

Just because humans fall short of the ideals of the religion doesn't deserve the religion being mocked. 

indeed I do, for better reasons than just about anything else in the history of human civilization.......in the last 2000 years anyway.

Christianity has been the biggest black mark on humanity.......ever

9 minutes ago, StrayDog said:

Ok then, let's try to look at this through your lens. Suppose the Canucks had a Support Mental Illness night and all the players were going to wear a jersey supporting the cause. Now suppose a player refused to wear the jersey and go out for the warm up, claiming it's against his religion. How supported by that player would you feel? Because now you might understand how the LBGTQ community (and supporters) feel about Provorov

listen... im telling you the truth here... I would care less. i might think about it for a while and just assume that he has a good reason not to support the movement, and then i would focus on the fact that how successful the event was. because if 39 out of 40 proffesionals openly accepted my movement i would consider that a great success. 39 out of 40 people do not accept me for who i am.

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

indeed I do, for better reasons than just about anything else in the history of human civilization.......in the last 2000 years anyway.

LOL.... are you okay....??? do you need help?

13 minutes ago, stawns said:

This is the exact issue. You have no problem being intolerant and disrespectful of another person's religion yet you are fighting for an "inclusive" society... :rolleyes:

12 minutes ago, Bad_BOI_pete said:

listen... im telling you the truth here... I would care less. i might think about it for a while and just assume that he has a good reason not to support the movement, and then i would focus on the fact that how successful the event was. because if 39 out of 40 proffesionals openly accepted my movement i would consider that a great success. 39 out of 40 people do not accept me for who i am.

What about if enough of us wouldn’t support it and teams just cancelled mental health night entirely? 

You might look at us as the 39 who do support and accept you and are speaking out in your support. Same way as we are speaking out in support of LGBTQ.

7 minutes ago, Bad_BOI_pete said:

So you would be totally fine with someone saying they can't support you because his religion says he can't. I'm not asking about the event or the team. I am asking you how you would feel about that player going forward. How happy would you be about that player? You said you would assume he had a good reason; what reason exactly would be a good reason not to give you the support you said you need?

10 minutes ago, stawns said:

oh the 

how to iron GIF by Archives of Ontario | Archives publiques de l'Ontario

god your as thick as that iron.... HELLO!!! there is only one group being discriminated against and thats religion.... Guess what... you are pretty close to committing a crime publicly.

Freedom of religion is still a protected act in canada, and the fact that a teacher openly mocks is actually strange and very risky... you are bigotted and proud of it.

you dont deserve the right to teach our children

• Vintage 1
  • RoughGame 2

2 minutes ago, StrayDog said:

So you would be totally fine with someone saying they can't support you because his religion says he can't. I'm not asking about the event or the team. I am asking you how you would feel about that player going forward. How happy would you be about that player? You said you would assume he had a good reason; what reason exactly would be a good reason not to give you the support you said you need?

I wouldnt care enough to ask or inquire... I do not focus my energy on even potentially negative people in my life. If you want to think im crazy and harmful because you had a bad experience with some other person that had the same illness as me, i would assume they have a low IQ and just leave them to their views.

4 minutes ago, Bad_BOI_pete said:

god your as thick as that iron.... HELLO!!! there is only one group being discriminated against and thats religion.... Guess what... you are pretty close to committing a crime publicly.

Freedom of religion is still a protected act in canada, and the fact that a teacher openly mocks is actually strange and very risky... you are bigotted and proud of it.

Married At First Sight Love GIF by Lifetime

6 minutes ago, Bad_BOI_pete said:

you're

see what I did there?

3 minutes ago, Bad_BOI_pete said:

Yeah our society has gone backwards. 

The guy is so upset that a player abstained from LGBTQ festivities that he calls him hateful yet he openly attacks another person's religion in a hateful manner and thinks that's ok.... 

Pretty funny to see the lack of rationale here... 

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Yeah our society has gone backwards. 

The guy is so upset that a player abstained from LGBTQ festivities that he calls him hateful yet he openly attacks another person's religion in a hateful manner and thinks that's ok.... 

Pretty funny to see the lack of rationale here... 

man christians have it tough

You two are painting yourselves into a pretty tight corner here

• RoughGame 1
  • elephant 2

11 minutes ago, Bad_BOI_pete said:

I wouldnt care enough to ask or inquire... I do not focus my energy on even potentially negative people in my life. If you want to think im crazy and harmful because you had a bad experience with some other person that had the same illness as me, i would assume they have a low IQ and just leave them to their views.

Sorry but I don't believe you here. You got all bent out of shape at someone disrespecting a minority, so I doubt you "don't care enough". 

Edited by StrayDog
Typo
  • Upvote 1