The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Provorov declines pre-game pride night skate

Rate this topic

Slegr

8 minutes ago, Bad_BOI_pete said:

I wouldnt waste your time on it... Hate breeds hate. If he thinks he is funny by bullying people less fortunate than others, there is not much we can do for this person... frankly he is likely a lost cause. if he hates on people with mental illness and religious christians what else does that say about him???? frankly i dont care to find out..

Agreed, and this isn't the first time I've seen him do this. Not worth arguing with people who have so much hate in their heart.

Edited by Master Mind
  • Huggy Bear 1

can i ignore threads? this is like a trainwreck, i cant keep my eyes off it.

rather be done with witnessing hate speech hidden within the name of freedom of choice.

and frankly I have said what i wanted to portray... i feel its rather useless because the people that came to speak in honour of pride in this thread did not want a discussion, they wanted target practise.

40 minutes ago, Bad_BOI_pete said:

i guess you could look at it that way..... but you also have to figure this man may also be placed between a rock and a hard place in this situation.... openly denouncing his faith would also cause backlash... he tried to explain that he respects people choices but cannot support the movement because of his religious views.... 

he does not further explain the situation..... many of us understand that purposely not wearing a symbol of support could mean he is a vile evil man that wants to persecute and punish anyone that supports the pride movement, other more realistic people understand that he simply does not want to rock the boat.

You should take people for their words and not just persecute on made up beliefs that you conjured in your head

No, it is that way.

I see your trying to shuffle those religious goal posts back in to a human rights issue... :bored:

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, aGENT said:

No, it is that way.

I see your trying to shuffle those religious goal posts back in to a human rights issue... :bored:

LOL... he mentioned religion... in his statement...... if you...... don't see that as relevant..... then you are lying to yourself... how convenient to just pick and choose what you want to see as truth, in fact you have many times concocted a grandiose plan for Provorov many times in this thread off baseless assumptions....

I can only imagine how quick you would be corrected if you had a coworker who you invited to your pride event and they declined and gave the exact same answer as provorov. then you went to HR and complained saying that the man is "intolerant" a "bigot" and your opinion has the mindset of someone who would instigate violence towards the LGBTQ community... after you used those words against him then complained to your boss for his bigotry you would very likely get suspended/fired if your co-worker explained the truth and not some made up cockamamie grandiose vision based off the words. "I respect everybody, and i respect everybody's choices. My choice is to stay true to myself and my religion"

No one has the right to force beliefs onto anyone unless they are governed laws... Freedom of opinion and expression is a universal freedom, if provorov chooses to express his support with words that is his freedom to do so.. no where in the UN basic rights does it say we have the basic right of mandatory parades of celebration.

But it does say we have the right of freedom of discrimination, thought and religion.... and in canada and the united states,  no person or organization can be forced to act against their conscience, religion or beliefs regarding marriage.  this is a written law.

You most certainly have the right to think all kinds of nasty things, and certainly you are allowed to express your feelings towards these subjects.... But no one has the freedom of subject of law. so say what you want about Provorov, call him a Bigot, that would perpetuate and condone violence. But know this you are discriminating against this man without proof of any basic human right or law in north america. You are treating this man with disregard of his basic human rights, without proof of any lawful or negligent behaviour.

You are at fault, until the laws change. you may not like it, and you may not agree with it and you can whine and complain until your face goes red. but guess what like i said before whining and complaining shaming and discriminating is a counter productive measure.... You want to support and promote pride? go write down some encouraging words on why people of LGBTQ community are good wholesome people and encourage your friends and family to do the same then try to spread your message.

promoting pride by sabotaging religion is some ass backwards nonsense...

when you and a coworker are competing for a promotion do you out work them or sabotage them?

In hockey, do you win by outworking your opponent or by slashing them across the knees?

Do you forget the whole pumping my tires Luongo fiasco?

Does the parent grow stronger bonds with other parents by yelling at their kids in public?

anyways if you still think you are doing the right thing after reading this, i cannot help you anymore. maybe you should pitch in with other haters and purchase a community pillory for maximum shaming

1 hour ago, You Mad Bro? said:

It’s been like this from the start. You have a rule against political and religious talk on these boards. How on earth is this thread still open? That’s all it is

Out of curiosity…this is the second time you’ve asked for this thread to be shut down. Why? It’s just discussion. Generally when I find that a thread gets bothersome to me I just stop going to that thread and let others carry on while letting the mods make their own decisions. 

• Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

31 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Out of curiosity…this is the second time you’ve asked for this thread to be shut down. Why? It’s just discussion. Generally when I find that a thread gets bothersome to me I just stop going to that thread and let others carry on while letting the mods make their own decisions. 

Simple answer. Moderators have banned a certain kind of discussion on this forum. I completely disagree with that decision, but they made it and deleted some of most the popular threads because of it. However they’re turning a blind eye to this one. They seem to be cherry picking and not following their own rules or applying them evenly. This thread is not bothersome to me. It’s the Moderators deleting certain threads for political and religious speak and leaving others up that are packed full of it. 

I do not think or want this thread to be locked. I’m simply calling out the hypocrisy. Leave it open and get rid of that rule so we can continue these types of discussions in this thread and others. Or lock it up. 

Hope that helps friend 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, You Mad Bro? said:

Simple answer. Moderators have banned a certain kind of discussion on this forum. I completely disagree with that decision, but they made it and deleted some of most the popular threads because of it. However they’re turning a blind eye to this one. They seem to be cherry picking and not following their own rules or applying them evenly. This thread is not bothersome to me. It’s the Moderators deleting certain threads for political and religious speak and leaving others up that are packed full of it. 

I do not think or want this thread to be locked. I’m simply calling out the hypocrisy. Leave it open and get rid of that rule so we can continue these types of discussions in this thread and others. Or lock it up. 

Hope that helps friend 

Thanks, it does.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Bad_BOI_pete said:

LOL... he mentioned religion... in his statement...... if you...... don't see that as relevant..... then you are lying to yourself... how convenient to just pick and choose what you want to see as truth, in fact you have many times concocted a grandiose plan for Provorov many times in this thread off baseless assumptions....

I can only imagine how quick you would be corrected if you had a coworker who you invited to your pride event and they declined and gave the exact same answer as provorov. then you went to HR and complained saying that the man is "intolerant" a "bigot" and your opinion has the mindset of someone who would instigate violence towards the LGBTQ community... after you used those words against him then complained to your boss for his bigotry you would very likely get suspended/fired if your co-worker explained the truth and not some made up cockamamie grandiose vision based off the words. "I respect everybody, and i respect everybody's choices. My choice is to stay true to myself and my religion"

No one has the right to force beliefs onto anyone unless they are governed laws... Freedom of opinion and expression is a universal freedom, if provorov chooses to express his support with words that is his freedom to do so.. no where in the UN basic rights does it say we have the basic right of mandatory parades of celebration.

But it does say we have the right of freedom of discrimination, thought and religion.... and in canada and the united states,  no person or organization can be forced to act against their conscience, religion or beliefs regarding marriage.  this is a written law.

You most certainly have the right to think all kinds of nasty things, and certainly you are allowed to express your feelings towards these subjects.... But no one has the freedom of subject of law. so say what you want about Provorov, call him a Bigot, that would perpetuate and condone violence. But know this you are discriminating against this man without proof of any basic human right or law in north america. You are treating this man with disregard of his basic human rights, without proof of any lawful or negligent behaviour.

You are at fault, until the laws change. you may not like it, and you may not agree with it and you can whine and complain until your face goes red. but guess what like i said before whining and complaining shaming and discriminating is a counter productive measure.... You want to support and promote pride? go write down some encouraging words on why people of LGBTQ community are good wholesome people and encourage your friends and family to do the same then try to spread your message.

promoting pride by sabotaging religion is some ass backwards nonsense...

when you and a coworker are competing for a promotion do you out work them or sabotage them?

In hockey, do you win by outworking your opponent or by slashing them across the knees?

Do you forget the whole pumping my tires Luongo fiasco?

Does the parent grow stronger bonds with other parents by yelling at their kids in public?

anyways if you still think you are doing the right thing after reading this, i cannot help you anymore. maybe you should pitch in with other haters and purchase a community pillory for maximum shaming

Cool rant.

a2374e38d388480bb7d4ed6da0ec2d2d.jpg

In summary:

Human rights, equality and inclusiveness aren't religious issues. Period.

Bigotry and intolerance are not "beliefs" or tenets of his religion. Period.

You claim to be a smart guy, I'm pretty sure you can put that all together and see why something's not quite lining up here ;)

Edited by aGENT
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, You Mad Bro? said:

Hope that helps friend 

Personally I don't see it as hypocrisy, the point of that decision was to make the job of moderating the forum easier. Certain threads were quite honestly way too toxic and resulted in far too much personal attacks and required a lot time to clean up. There was also a lot of misinformation being thrown around in those threads which the moderators had a responsibility to clean up or they would risk this forum turning into another version of 4chan.

On the other hand if they were to enforce every rule to its letter, they would need to ban any possible topic that is even remotely related to politics and religion. You would also need to assign about a hundred moderators like some other big hockey forum, which is quite frankly one of the most censored forums that I have ever been a part of. Trust me you wouldn't want that. If you notice this forum does not have rules, it only has "guidelines", which is why your posts in this thread about moderators weren't deleted, as that would be considered "having an issue with a moderator's actions" which earns you a warning on that other forum lol.

Edited by Toews
  • Cheers 1

• -DLC- locked this topic