The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Provorov declines pre-game pride night skate

Rate this topic

Slegr

21 minutes ago, Bad_BOI_pete said:

not that your wrong, but there has been equal amounts of ignorance going on this thread.

people making out that religion has no use in this world and a scam are just being ignorant. infact many/most people probably "christmas" which is based of a true story of a bishop Saint Nickolaus that helped the poor and needy.

I don't know about equal amounts however labelling all religious people as being homophobic is BS. 

In fact more Christian groups are accepting of homosexuality.

A majority, just, 54 percent.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/12/18/most-u-s-christian-groups-grow-more-accepting-of-homosexuality/

As for Christmas that " feast" was "appropriated" from the pagan festival Saturnalia. 

This forum has banned religious discussion on the main board.

If you are interested in participating in such a discussion ask @King Heffy to invite you to his private members club.

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Gnarcore said:

Because f**k religion. I wouldn't actually disparage it to someone in particular though because I was raised right and am not a douchebag. As a whole though I think it is time to move on from it. But hey that is me. 

well i got news for you bucko, religion isnt going anywhere for a long, long, long, long time. you will die before religion does, so instead of wasting time hating on it, i suggest you spend your time more wisely.

4 minutes ago, Bad_BOI_pete said:

well i got news for you bucko, religion isnt going anywhere for a long, long, long, long time. you will die before religion does, so instead of wasting time hating on it, i suggest you spend your time more wisely.

Really? I thought it had 5 years at most....

I can think of bigger wastes of time...like going to church! ;) 

Ya Ok GIF - Thumbsup Jennifer Lawrence - Discover & Share GIFs

Edited by Gnarcore
  • Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

10 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

I don't know about equal amounts however labelling all religious people as being homophobic is BS. 

In fact more Christian groups are accepting of homosexuality.

A majority, just, 54 percent.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/12/18/most-u-s-christian-groups-grow-more-accepting-of-homosexuality/

As for Christmas that " feast" was "appropriated" from the pagan festival Saturnalia. 

This forum has banned religious discussion on the main board.

If you are interested in participating in such a discussion ask @King Heffy to invite you to his private members club.

thanks for the heads up, id rather not debate religion though.

• Huggy Bear 1

3 hours ago, Odd. said:

Sexuality is very much a choice.

There is no such thing as a straight or gay gene. Sexuality is fluid. There are many instances of people being straight and then suddenly developing attraction to the same sex and vice versa.

To say you are born gay or straight is incorrect.

Now, if we’re talking about choosing to be straight to avoid being attacked or to fit in then that’s different and I agree its wrong to not be able to express your true sexuality and often times those aren’t really even choices.

https://theconversation.com/stop-calling-it-a-choice-biological-factors-drive-homosexuality-122764

To sum up the article 

" While there is no single " gay" gene there is overwhelming evidence of a biological basis for a sexual orientation that is programmed into the brain before birth based on a mix of genetics and prenatal conditions, none of which the foetus chooses "

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, CanucksForever2 said:

I just want to share this from Mr. Rogers.

“You are a very special person. There is only one like you in the whole world. There's never been anyone exactly like you before, and there will never be again. Only you. And people can like you exactly as you are.” Mr. Rogers

I have been told I am one of a kind and special.

Never been quite sure how to take that.......

1 minute ago, Gnarcore said:

Really? I thought it had 5 years at most....

I can think of bigger wastes of time...like going to church! ;) 

Ya Ok GIF - Thumbsup Jennifer Lawrence - Discover & Share GIFs

right.... you must be one of the good people that was raised right, that thinks hating on overwhelmingly people is a good use of time.

39 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

https://theconversation.com/stop-calling-it-a-choice-biological-factors-drive-homosexuality-122764

To sum up the article 

" While there is no single " gay" gene there is overwhelming evidence of a biological basis for a sexual orientation that is programmed into the brain before birth based on a mix of genetics and prenatal conditions, none of which the foetus chooses "

Don't bother. I cited multiple studies earlier at their request and this poster ignored them and shot back with a biblical propaganda website as their rebuttal. 

But you are correct. While it hasn't been studied enough to have conclusive evidence, the overwhelming amount of studies point towards this being true. There hasn't been enough studies done on it yet to be conclusive in part because it's a taboo subject, and there is concern that it could lead to conversion therapy technique's to try to "fix" the issue.

Edited by Shayster007
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

Don't bother. I cited multiple studies earlier at their request and this poster ignored them and shot back with a biblical propaganda website as their rebuttal. 

But you are correct. While it hasn't been studied enough to have conclusive evidence, the overwhelming amount of studies point towards this being true. There hasn't been enough studies done on it yet to be conclusive in part because it's a taboo subject, and there is concern that it could lead to conversion therapy technique's to try to "fix" the issue.

:lol::lol: Your sources literally came from the same website dude

13 hours ago, Bad_BOI_pete said:

no,no... enjoy spending time hating on good people, its what good morales are right?

Was seriously asking what you were trying to say. Are morales like tomales? Could never hate on tomales! 

Edited by Gnarcore
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Odd. said:

:lol::lol: Your sources literally came from the same website dude

Please explain what your saying. You've said this twice now, and I'm not even sure if you know. I referenced 3 different scientific publications. None are "a website", they would be published then distributed through many websites. But I specifically avoided posting any websites and instead cited the articles directly out of a macabre curiosity if you would actually look them up after you asked for them.

Your Bible propaganda referenced those studies, which isn't hard they are quite well known, but just dismissed them. Also, fun fact your website also said tattoos are a sin and "the repercussions of interracial marriage is something you should strongly consider" . Irrelevant, but just found it kinda fun in a gross kinda way.

So I'd love to actually know what your attempting to argue since you've said it twice now. 

Edited by Shayster007
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1