The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Tampa Bay Lightning at Vancouver Canucks | Jan. 18, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Ryan Miller jersey retirement in Buffalo. He was a good goalie and was one of the only good things going for us back a few years ago.  

Might be my favourite goalie ever. I loved him in Buffalo and here of course. I never used to like many players that weren’t Canucks but I was always fond of Ryan Miller 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, higgyfan said:

I don't want to see our young guys playing in a losing environment like the Canucks.  They are playing

in a winning environment; continuing to develop their game and bond with players that might end up

as teammates in Vancouver.

Depending on the trades and returns at TDL, I think it's better to leave the young players in Abby and let

them have a long playoff run.

But you don't know how they really feel deep down... They could be feeling like punished being stuck down there no matter how well they play... There isn't much more development to do in Abby... 

2 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

Yes, Drance. We get it, we suck.

Move on.

No, no, no. But this is exactly HOW MUCH we suck. :picard:

Seems like we get rid of one media scumbag and another one spawns out of the swamp.

He’s making me miss Tony Gallagher. :sick:

Edited by DeNiro
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

9 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

To be fair, there ain't much reason to be positive about this team at the moment.

Telling his listeners to get angry at the team is unnecessary. In fact His job is to sell the Canucks not put out every negative stats available. He works for SN Canucks broadcast and talkshow. Imagine a car salesman telling customers the car he is selling is sh*t 24/7

Also lots of positives about this team if you choose to look at it that way.

1. Petey on pace to score 100pts. 
2. Hughes breaking every Canucks D record n on pace for point per game

3. Abby Canucks are winning led by our prospects Karlsson, Silovs, Podz Hog Aman etc

4. Bo 30 goals before all star

5. Kuzy picked Canucks and scoring

6. We have been playing with two backup/ahler goalies for majority of the year and still not the worst team 

if you watched most of the games this season, we lose because of mental lapses, poor defensive structure, pk and poor goaltending. For example, Stamkos 500 happened because Miky left stammer instead of following him. And when he did commit to Killorn, Killorn just dangled past him. Martin and his rebound control.
The previous game Myers didn’t follow his check, and the forward circled back and had a tap in.

Sky isn’t falling as some media wants to make it out to be.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 1

4 hours ago, Devron said:

Might be my favourite goalie ever. I loved him in Buffalo and here of course. I never used to like many players that weren’t Canucks but I was always fond of Ryan Miller 

Liked him too....

Remember him sticking up for Stecher.... Big balls... Happy retirement Ryan.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, mordekai said:

Telling his listeners to get angry at the team is unnecessary. In fact His job is to sell the Canucks not put out every negative stats available. He works for SN Canucks broadcast and talkshow. Imagine a car salesman telling customers the car he is selling is sh*t 24/7

Also lots of positives about this team if you choose to look at it that way.

1. Petey on pace to score 100pts. 
2. Hughes breaking every Canucks D record n on pace for point per game

3. Abby Canucks are winning led by our prospects Karlsson, Silovs, Podz Hog Aman etc

4. Bo 30 goals before all star

5. Kuzy picked Canucks and scoring

6. We have been playing with two backup/ahler goalies for majority of the year and still not the worst team 

if you watched most of the games this season, we lose because of mental lapses, poor defensive structure, pk and poor goaltending. For example, Stamkos 500 happened because Miky left stammer instead of following him. And when he did commit to Killorn, Killorn just dangled past him. Martin and his rebound control.
The previous game Myers didn’t follow his check, and the forward circled back and had a tap in.

Sky isn’t falling as some media wants to make it out to be.

Thanks for the enthusiasm.   Maybe we aren't nearly as bad and draft this uber kid.    As in Beddard.   And we later can look back at this fondly.    Demko on ice could end up being the best thing that's ever happened to this club.     Agree with the bad goaltending.   It's not bad really - it's just bad for the NHL level.   Martin/Delia.    Hope they keep that tandem going for the rest of the year as much as possible anyways.  

8 hours ago, DeNiro said:

No, no, no. But this is exactly HOW MUCH we suck. :picard:

Seems like we get rid of one media scumbag and another one spawns out of the swamp.

He’s making me miss Tony Gallagher. :sick:

At least Tony G and Macrae were dicks with panache. Sekeres, Price, J Pat and Drance just have being douchey going for them.

• There it is 2

2 minutes ago, Salacious Crumb said:

At least Tony G and Macrae were dicks with panache. Sekeres, Price, J Pat and Drance just have being douchey going for them.

Tony G was technically an excellent writer. He was just covering the wrong thing. He should have been a political or financial reporter. He really never understood sports. 

• Upvote 1

• -DLC- unfeatured and unpinned this topic
3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Tony G was technically an excellent writer. He was just covering the wrong thing. He should have been a political or financial reporter. He really never understood sports. 

TG probably WAS the smartest guy in the room. Sekeres just thinks he is. Bottom feeding click bait suckerfish dominate the local sports scene these days.

Ah for the good old days of Sportstalk and Sports Page…

• Cheers 1