The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Management STILL doesn't get it

Rate this topic

*Buzzsaw*

7 hours ago, klw604 said:

Stfu, what if I know a little more then you do, you some keyboard warrior that lives in the butfuk of no where , your probably a bum for all I know

What if I knew someone on the team, what's the big deal, saying how it is , you don't like what I post, go and read the next topic, you clown

Lol gfys

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, klw604 said:

Stfu, what if I know a little more then you do, you some keyboard warrior that lives in the butfuk of no where , your probably a bum for all I know

What if I knew someone on the team, what's the big deal, saying how it is , you don't like what I post, go and read the next topic, you clown

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Management has a plan!

They fire Bruce and replace him with the new guy.

They do it at a time when many other teams will start tanking for a better draft position so there will be many unexpected wins and therefore they will sell "hey look how good they are with the new guy"

Rutherford has had this set up from last year and the beginning of this year.

His constant statements of "no structure" blaming the coaches even in light of the fact they made the defence even worse was the first step in hooking the fans and now he plays them with changing coaches just as many teams will be tanking for better drafts spots.

With separation in the standings those in will ease up and those out will be tanking so many wins that would not happen normally. This has happened before in 2015.

But the new coach will be credited and another year of looking will be needed because "we think this is a good team" even in light of 5 years of history.

The Plan looks more and more like waiting for other teams to come down to the Canucks level.

The Plan looks to be to do the same as what happens a lot of times, bad teams win when it doesn't matter any more and then they sell hope for the next year.

Boudreau takes the hit for the bad team and whoever, The Bookie if it is him, gets the credit for other teams tanking but nothing changes because it might take the new guy 2 years to sort out the team.

What happens over the next 4 months is the plan.

Edited by ToTellTheTruth
  • Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

Your point?  He's logged a ton of games in the NHL and has been a very serviceable defensive player for us.  In hindsight, that was a wild draft year with tons of talent and he probably should've been picked in the second round.  That's not bad at all.

Doesn't change the fact that picks have a universal value to them.  If a team has a pick they don't want, they can easily trade it away to a team that wants it, and vice versa.  There's no additional scouting required or assessments needed.

No one envisages a first round pick being a Lazar. As much as I like Lazar he's not a ddifference maker and was moved by a number of team before ending up here. When fans clamour for draft picks I don't believe they're looking for a Lazar clone, they're thinking more along the lines of an EP or QH

Something 'bout too many cooks/broth, yada, yada

It's all exacerbated by also too many useless media heads stirring the slop.

**** it! Why don't we simply name our BU goaltender as next GM? Let's enjoy the media-frenzy & howls of derision, likely 1000x whatever a market like Long Isle might have endured.

3 hours ago, Fred65 said:

No one envisages a first round pick being a Lazar. As much as I like Lazar he's not a ddifference maker and was moved by a number of team before ending up here. When fans clamour for draft picks I don't believe they're looking for a Lazar clone, they're thinking more along the lines of an EP or QH

I don't know what to think of people who expect franchise players out of their first round picks.  They are absolutely delusional and I certainly hope that's not what you expect.

I do expect our first round pick (top 5) to become a key player for us.  At worst, a top-six FWD or top-four DEF.  But the picks we are likely to get will be the back-end of the draft.  All I want from a player drafted late in the first round is someone who will play good hockey for 7+ seasons.  It's stupid to expect more.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

I don't know what to think of people who expect franchise players out of their first round picks.  They are absolutely delusional and I certainly hope that's not what you expect.

I do expect our first round pick (top 5) to become a key player for us.  At worst, a top-six FWD or top-four DEF.  But the picks we are likely to get will be the back-end of the draft.  All I want from a player drafted late in the first round is someone who will play good hockey for 7+ seasons.  It's stupid to expect more.

This year, it is obvious to everyone who is a Vancouver fan the team is going into the toilet.

And fighting against that will just ruin the chance of a good draft pick.

Normally I am not a tanker... but the team is failing... this is not staged... they are really bad.

So let nature take its course, get a good pick and start again at season end.

2 hours ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

This year, it is obvious to everyone who is a Vancouver fan the team is going into the toilet.

And fighting against that will just ruin the chance of a good draft pick.

Normally I am not a tanker... but the team is failing... this is not staged... they are really bad.

So let nature take its course, get a good pick and start again at season end.

But I want more than just one good pick.  I will take those extra picks from trades, even if they don't pan out into star players.  Just rebuild from within and truly start over.

We can trade Horvat, Kuzmenko and Schenn.   The market will determine the return but I suspect it could be underwhelming.     Because cap is king right now.   And all GMs know one more year of this and a huge bump in cap.   So maybe 8-9 teams are buyers.   Who are we competing against?  EK in SJ a lot of teams are interested in him especially given cap will be retained.   

Kane and Toews.  50% retained and a bad contract on an expiring deal makes sense for both those guys.   That's the Horvat competition.   Who would you want as a rental?   Feel Kane > rental them Horvat.    Horvat as a trade and sign of course leads the pack this season.   That's the deal we need to make to max the return.  

Also feel that Brock 50% retained and Myers 50% retained could get some action.    The return's could be pretty decent for Brock, and meh for Myers.  But better then a buyout. 

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

We can trade Horvat, Kuzmenko and Schenn.   The market will determine the return but I suspect it could be underwhelming.     Because cap is king right now.   And all GMs know one more year of this and a huge bump in cap.   So maybe 8-9 teams are buyers.   Who are we competing against?  EK in SJ a lot of teams are interested in him especially given cap will be retained.   

Kane and Toews.  50% retained and a bad contract on an expiring deal makes sense for both those guys.   That's the Horvat competition.   Who would you want as a rental?   Feel Kane > rental them Horvat.    Horvat as a trade and sign of course leads the pack this season.   That's the deal we need to make to max the return.  

Also feel that Brock 50% retained and Myers 50% retained could get some action.    The return's could be pretty decent for Brock, and meh for Myers.  But better then a buyout. 

If they invove a 3rd team they can trade him at 75% retained or a 1.375M cap hit.  Horvat has a 5.5M cap hit but he is on a 4.45M salary.  At the TDL he is only owed 1M in salary.  In the past having a 3rd team pitch in for some 250K in salary was a 5th round pick (- free cap space is mostly irrelevant for teams out of the playoffs at that point in the season so they might as well use it).  

Toews and Kane are owed less salary (2.9M over the season vs 4.45M for Horvat) so involving a 3rd team is maybe cheaper but they would still have nearly twice the cap hit.  

There are only 3 retention spots available at all time + Boeser/Myers have term which is not ideal as they'll use up 2 spots beyond this season. 

On 1/20/2023 at 6:37 AM, Rackdawg said:

His dad's the mailman...

On 1/20/2023 at 6:26 AM, Rackdawg said:

Lol gfys

Don't discredit my post when you know nothing, your probably some guy that hates his job making minium wage and is complaining how life sucks. 

People like you suck in life, always complaining and can't do any better

I said it how it is, no need to sugarcoat,  don't need to lie about anything , you wanna fact check what I said. Name a place anytime anywhere, 

Don't respond to this message with another dumb comment

2 minutes ago, klw604 said:

Don't discredit my post when you know nothing, your probably some guy that hates his job making minium wage and is complaining how life sucks. 

I said it how it is, no need to sugarcoat,  don't need to lie about anything , you wanna fact check what I said. Name a place anytime anywhere, 

image.gif.d032610611a151007421a90783d414ec.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, klw604 said:

Lol gfys

17 hours ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

If we're trading Horvat it will be to a top team ( so I imagine ) so it ain't going to be a top 5, heck a tope ten pick