The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Canucks - Kraken Bo signs long term sign and trade

15 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

no thanks to Mccann, I think his attitude would not work out well here, but tbh if SEA offered this, I would take it 

what is it about his attitude that bothers you

are we still thinking of Beth Bartkowski not liking him when he was 19?

it would be brutal punishment for both McCann and Wright

probably ruin both their careers

• Like 1

Considering the season he's had and the deal they signed him to I reckon Seattle's pretty content with McCann and where his game is at

They've got a legit shot at taking the divisional title with the group they've got without moving him and a guy who arguably could have gone 1OA in Wright, I'd be surprised if they took this deal 

I don't see Seattle being an organization looking to make bold moves yet, I reckon they'll just sit tight with their forward group and maybe look to upgrade their D considering they're 4th in goals scored, 17th in goals allowed, and 31st on the PK

Offense just doesn't look like a need, they'd be better off addressing their weaknesses 

Edited by Coconuts

1 hour ago, Odjick 4 Premier said:

Canucks trade

Bo Horvat 

Jonathan Lekkerimaki

Kraken trade 

Shane Wright

Jared McCann

My feel is that Shane Wright may be couple of years away from the NHL.

We will likely draft a center in 2023, who could make the NHL in similar time as Wright. So, if there really is no offer for a RHD, I'd take a center in Bo trade but otherwise, I'd really try to target a RHD.

And McCann? Come on, do we really want to bring him back here? I'd rather ask for a RHD if this is the trade that we are making.

And Seattle might want assurance that Bo is re-signed; I don't think they will lose their prime prospect for half season and one playoff from Bo.

14 minutes ago, jyu said:

My feel is that Shane Wright may be couple of years away from the NHL.

We will likely draft a center in 2023, who could make the NHL in similar time as Wright. So, if there really is no offer for a RHD, I'd take a center in Bo trade but otherwise, I'd really try to target a RHD.

And McCann? Come on, do we really want to bring him back here? I'd rather ask for a RHD if this is the trade that we are making.

And Seattle might want assurance that Bo is re-signed; I don't think they will lose their prime prospect for half season and one playoff from Bo.

This trade is based on a sign and trade as stated in the title 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

Considering the season he's had and the deal they signed him to I reckon Seattle's pretty content with McCann and where his game is at

They've got a legit shot at taking the divisional title with the group they've got without moving him and a guy who arguably could have gone 1OA in Wright, I'd be surprised if they took this deal 

I don't see Seattle being an organization looking to make bold moves yet, I reckon they'll just sit tight with their forward group and maybe look to upgrade their D considering they're 4th in goals scored, 17th in goals allowed, and 31st on the PK

Offense just doesn't look like a need, they'd be better off addressing their weaknesses 

yeah, its honestly not time for them to go all in yet

2-3 more years, build up that core and culture, have a deep playoff run, and then its probably time for them to push their chips in

• Cheers 1

McCann's pretty valuable scoring depth for them, at times he's even gelled well with Beniers and Eberle, so I think they'll keep him and Wright.

Instead they'd probably offer something around Wennberg (defensive C replacement + cap sent back our way), 2023 1st and something else (Borgen/ Soucy?), which honestly isn't too bad as it addresses the type of personnel we could really use. 

6 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

McCann's pretty valuable scoring depth for them, at times he's even gelled well with Beniers and Eberle, so I think they'll keep him and Wright.

Instead they'd probably offer something around Wennberg (defensive C replacement + cap sent back our way), 2023 1st and something else (Borgen/ Soucy?), which honestly isn't too bad as it addresses the type of personnel we could really use. 

Cap sent back is a no go for us. Does Seattle need to shed cap anyways? I thought one of their assets was the cap space. 

Otherwise, a package of defensive C, 1st, and RHD is definitely worth the consideration. 

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, jyu said:

Cap sent back is a no go for us. Does Seattle need to shed cap anyways? I thought one of their assets was the cap space. 

Otherwise, a package of defensive C, 1st, and RHD is definitely worth the consideration. 

Lol even better if there's no cap coming back.

We need D. I'd take Ryker Evans, former 2nd round pick LD puck mover. Borgen would fit better if we want to retool and win next year, but if we want more of a rebuild:

Bo + Schenn for Wright + Evans 

Of course cap is an issue, we have to take at least 5M back. Is Schwartz a cap dump yet (5M, 30+, 40-50pt pace)?