The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal]Van- Boston

Was reading a transcript based off a Boston podcast that talked about how Bruins would need to move some cap to make a Horvat trade and sign work. The sports guys were proposing Carlo be the guy that moved. They’re also rumoured to be interested in Schenn. Therefore,

Horvat

Schenn

3rd

for

Carlo

Lysell

1st

Thoughts?

• Cheers 2

Bo is exactly what the Bruins want (and I think) they are willing to overpay a bit.  They have the cap next year

to sign Horvat and I would bet he would sign.

Carlo  -no offence, but might be the defensive player and physical dman to partner with Hughes.

Frederic -this guy is what the Canucks need badly.

1st

Lysell -I don't know much about Lysell, but he is similar to other Canuck prospects.

or 1st -I don't think JR cares about a pick. Takes Lysell instead (after all, he's Swedish). Has to add a prospect.

• Cheers 3

28 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Bo is exactly what the Bruins want (and I think) they are willing to overpay a bit.  They have the cap next year

to sign Horvat and I would bet he would sign.

Carlo  -no offence, but might be the defensive player and physical dman to partner with Hughes.

Frederic -this guy is what the Canucks need badly.

1st

Lysell -I don't know much about Lysell, but he is similar to other Canuck prospects.

or 1st -I don't think JR cares about a pick. Takes Lysell instead (after all, he's Swedish). Has to add a prospect.

They have cap space next year, IF they don’t sign Pasta.

They have 21m next year and only 12 players signed. Pasta will take a good chunk of that (10m+). Plus, 8m for Horvat. That will leave very little left to fill up the rest of the roster. Not to mention, Swayman is a RFA.

Edited by shiznak

38 minutes ago, shiznak said:

They have 21m next year and only 12 players signed. Pasta will take a good chunk of that (10m+). Plus, 8m for Horvat. That will leave very little left to fill up the rest of the roster. Not to mention, Swayman is a RFA.

taking Carlo and Frederic from them does give them some cap 

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

2 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

Was reading a transcript based off a Boston podcast that talked about how Bruins would need to move some cap to make a Horvat trade and sign work. The sports guys were proposing Carlo be the guy that moved. They’re also rumoured to be interested in Schenn. Therefore,

Horvat

Schenn

3rd

for

Carlo

Lysell

1st

Thoughts?

if we add schenn and a third they have to add Frederic 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

Horvat

Schenn

3rd

for

Carlo

Lysell

1st

Thoughts?

I like it. If we can get Frederic too, even better. We’ll throw in Stillman as a sweetener

51 minutes ago, shiznak said:

Presuming Bergeron retires they're going to need to replace his minutes somehow (and Krejci isn't getting any younger).  Coyle's not really top-6 on a contender, so if they get Horvat to be their 1B center then best believe they'll pay him (and I would think they could find takers for guys like Hall/ Coyle/ DeBrusk -- when you're on a near-perfect team like they've built, even pricier guys will have value as they're contributing, and at worst they could trade a guy for picks).  Couple that with moving the $5 million+ that Carlo and Frederic would command and they should have plenty of room.

terrible trade for boston.. they are set down the middle with bergeron as 1c and kejci as 2c. horvat would not replace neither of them because hes a terrible playmaker.. on 1 line you have bergeron and marchand.. on the other you have kejci and pasternak.. bo ain't capable of setting up neither marchand or pasternak so he ain't gonna be ont he top 2 line.. same thing on the top pp.. he ain't replacing bergeron as the center.. 

horvat is a future fit on boston if bergeron retires.. until then he's a terrible fit as a 3c as he's not a typical 3c that have a great defensive game. he's great on faceoff.. but bergeron is better.. they are better off finding a cheaper prototype 3c that can grind the game to a halt in the playoff.. horvat is a miscast on boston currently 

the only way boston will want horvat is if they can lowball their way to a trade.. like a 1st and lysell.. otherwise i don't see them ending up with horvat as i'm sure any other teams offer would be much better.. 

i'm not even sold on lysell.. he didn't look good at the wj.. and the only forward on sweden to record 0 points in 7 games.. and that boston pick.. they are prolly gonna get to at least the conference final if not the scf the way things are going.. that's going to be a 29-32 draft pick... 

horvat for a 29-32 overall pick and a meh prospect imo?? no thx

1 hour ago, Phil_314 said:

Presuming Bergeron retires they're going to need to replace his minutes somehow (and Krejci isn't getting any younger).  Coyle's not really top-6 on a contender, so if they get Horvat to be their 1B center then best believe they'll pay him (and I would think they could find takers for guys like Hall/ Coyle/ DeBrusk -- when you're on a near-perfect team like they've built, even pricier guys will have value as they're contributing, and at worst they could trade a guy for picks).  Couple that with moving the $5 million+ that Carlo and Frederic would command and they should have plenty of room.

Who’s going to replace Carlo’s minutes, then? They don’t have anybody in the pipeline currently who can step up to take the void left by Carlo and it’s way easier to replace a 2nd line centermen than a RHD.

Sweeney also stated that if they can’t get a deal done with Pasta. They might need to go in a different route and start to rebuild, as their prospect pool is bare. 

We probably need to take on more than Carlo’s contract, since that 4m+ will probably go into Swayman next contract.

10 hours ago, shiznak said:

Who’s going to replace Carlo’s minutes, then? They don’t have anybody in the pipeline currently who can step up to take the void left by Carlo and it’s way easier to replace a 2nd line centermen than a RHD.

Sweeney also stated that if they can’t get a deal done with Pasta. They might need to go in a different route and start to rebuild, as their prospect pool is bare. 

We probably need to take on more than Carlo’s contract, since that 4m+ will probably go into Swayman next contract.

Connor Clifton's played up to 21 minutes recently (averaging 18-19, which is just a tad short of 2nd pair league avg. of 20 mins).  At this point we also don't know if Horvat is replacing just Bergeron, or Krejci also (if he leaves).  Should they lose both they're going to need a #1 C, even if they rebuild they probably can't just let Coyle eat up all the tough minutes.  If they trade Pasta I still find it tough to believe that guys like Marchand and Ullmark would waive their clauses, when their existent core is quite strong -- unlike us, they would probably benefit from a retool (but that wouldn't exempt them of the need for a top-6 C presuming both 37 and 46 leave, and with McAvoy as the #1 horse, those second pair minutes wouldn't be as tough to replace).

Just now, N7Nucks said:

Ngl to ya fellers. I have no clue who Lysell is or what he is about. Anyone have a quick write up about why we should care about him? Other than he's one of their only prospects? I'll probably google him. But I'd like to hear about him from multiple folks if at all possible.

A speedy and shifty playmaking Swedish right winger who plays with a lot of pace.  Wins puck battles despite his size but could get bigger. From what I can tell he forechecks well. Team player. 

Spent a year playing with the Vancouver Giants before this season, being his first AHL year. 

He is currently has 21 points in 24 games as an AHL rookie. 

Good prospect but not exactly what we need. 

10 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

A speedy and shifty playmaking Swedish right winger who plays with a lot of pace.  Wins puck battles despite his size but could get bigger. From what I can tell he forechecks well. Team player. 

Spent a year playing with the Vancouver Giants before this season, being his first AHL year. 

He is currently has 21 points in 24 games as an AHL rookie. 

Good prospect but not exactly what we need. 

Undersized winger, got it. Sounds right up management's alley sadly. Sounds like he is a pretty insane skater. At the very least I like that about him. Will never say no to more wingers despite having a bunch. Realistically, we have Hogs, Pod and Lekkerimaki as young wingers. Not exactly blowing the league away in that department. Most of the roster wingers we want traded or should be letting walk when they expire. Even Boeser it seems has lost interest from management and fans. So I won't say we have no need for more young wingers. The first rounder we can hopefully use to grab a center. Given Boston's standing I doubt the pick will be high enough to nab the center I want though.

Eh, looking at it overall. Lysell is a nice piece, the 1st will almost certainly be around 28, and Carlo is at best a younger Schenn. Not the most ideal deal for Horvat imo. Seems like an overpayment, even before you factor in we are giving up a 3rd rounder and Schenn on top of Horvat. Those pieces just aren't that enticing for me.

I think the trade is actually pretty fair. Maybe even slightly tilted to Boston's end. 

However, Boston would likely say no at this time. At this point with the way that team is playing I don't think you should do anything that shakes up your core group too much. They are annoyingly unbelievable this year. Although I don't disagree Bo would be a great addition for their playoff run.