The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Friday January 20 2023 - Vancouver Canucks vs Colorado Avalanche - 7pm PT/10pm ET - Vancouver

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

I'm just looking at the bright side. The more goals and points players get the more likely might pull off a win. The winning is the negative side effect. 

Professional hockey players don't want to lose (Maybe some just care about that money). At this point wins don't help, but it's unrealistic to think we're going to lose

38 games in a row, any more than we will win 38 games in a row. 

Totally agree, I know they all want to win and hate losing. They are competitors, I'll still cheer for an exciting game....and any other year I would 100% agree let's try and win as much as possible and contribute to a winning culture...but this year when there's a generational franchise changing talent available,  I feel a little differently. But I get what you're saying.  

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, KyGuy123 said:

Hopefully Colorado has revenge on the mind and stomp the daylights out of us just to show management one last reminder how far away we are as Playoff contenders. 

7-2 Avs

The sad part is so that means the coaching staff will be sacked. But will management actually start fixing the problem of revamping this team? 

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

The sad part is so that means the coaching staff will be sacked. But will management actually start fixing the problem of revamping this team? 

The coaching staff is sacked regardless. Tocchet and 2 assistants are getting anointed on Monday by all reports. 

• RoughGame 2

3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

That's basically making the first mate of the Titanic the Captain, after the ship has struck the iceberg. 

and the Gm's whole staff keeps on fiddling while the ship sinks

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

That's basically making the first mate of the Titanic the Captain, after the ship has struck the iceberg. 

He certainly won’t have any help once Horvat, Schenn and Kuzmenko get dealt if they aren’t signed a week before the TDL. Reports are they aren’t rushing Demko back and I could see them shutting him down for the season to be ready for the start of next year. Bringing in anyone this year is only going to create less optimism and more criticism during the off-season. 

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, OldFaithfulCap said:

I'm guessing we'll be back to blue unis

Nope, back to back games with them today and tomorrow. Might even be the next 10 home games without looking at the schedule. 

69D3AB07-1C89-4408-BABA-14FEF9409F70.png

Edited by KyGuy123
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

47 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Happiness.

Never wish for a loss.

If we do lose a lot more games then a high draft pick is a nice consolation prize.

Does being a sub .500 team and missing the playoffs 80% of the last decade make you happy? I know that's not what you're saying, but a player like Bedard changes the franchise. I'm just thinking about the future of this team, not right now I guess.

If it came down to the last game of the season...Canucks and Montreal....loser get's highest chances of 1st overall for a generational talent....if you're not hoping for a loss you're crazy.

Edited by Harold Drunken

The players will play hard for Bruce knowing that these might be his last days here, they really like him.

But Colorado is getting serious and on the outside looking in, they are getting healthy and are rested.

A possible white wash.

But then Colorado might get the lead and sit back like a lot of teams have done lately.

• Like 1