The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Friday January 20 2023 - Vancouver Canucks vs Colorado Avalanche - 7pm PT/10pm ET - Vancouver

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

13 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Pat > Roger > Bruce > Crow  

AV for not being able to stop laughing at the KB imitation. 

Agree but Roger was the best so far by a long shot.  

He changed every sport.

Plus the towels at playoffs changed the league.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Darius said:

Im starting to tune the team out, kinda like I did during the Messier era.  Its hard watching a team we all love turn into a league laughing stock.

Management is a clown show - its awful how BB is being treated. Hung out to dry since day one of the season.  

Yep, I'm in the same boat. Still watch the games when I can, and keep up to date on news, but I no longer make time to watch the games nor do I care if the team wins or loses anymore.

• Like 1
  • There it is 1

with the nucks playing both tonight and tomorrow night, I HIGHLY doubt that there will be any trade before Sunday/monday. unless some team is getting desperate/ wants to jump the gun. 

It hurts that we won’t get to see Bruce coach a Canucks team with a properly constructed roster, and a healthy demko. 

second half of last year was some of the most entertaining hockey I’ve ever watched, and we were winning. 

I’m for giving JR/PA time to figure this thing out but can’t stand how they’ve treated BB. His track record speaks for itself, he deserved a lot more respect than he’s gotten. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Harold Drunken said:

Does being a sub .500 team and missing the playoffs 80% of the last decade make you happy? I know that's not what you're saying, but a player like Bedard changes the franchise. I'm just thinking about the future of this team, not right now I guess.

If it came down to the last game of the season...Canucks and Montreal....loser get's highest chances of 1st overall for a generational talent....if you're not hoping for a loss you're crazy.

What if you're playing 5D chess and you feel the #6 slot is luckier than #5? What then ... :lol:.

I like the odds from 5-8. They go 8.5%, 7.5%, 6.5%, 6.0%. All very close and we'd have a very similar chance as these teams in both the #1 draw, and the #2 draw. That said there could very well be a gem at 5-8 as well. It'll be very interesting to see how the prospects finish down the stretch. I think we have to be going for a center unless someone jumps up the table.

Edited by Gawdzukes

Tough seeing Bruce emotional like that.

But one good thing I think this will bring is uniting fans against ownership and management. Fans are fed up with how they’re running things and they’re not gonna hide behind little gimmicks and PR stunts anymore.

After Bruce’s final two games I beg anyone planning to go to games to boycott them. I know tickets aren’t cheap but if you really care about this team it’s the strongest way to give an FU to ownership.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Vintage 2
  • There it is 2

1 minute ago, eeeeergh said:

It hurts that we won’t get to see Bruce coach a Canucks team with a properly constructed roster, and a healthy demko. 

second half of last year was some of the most entertaining hockey I’ve ever watched, and we were winning. 

I’m for giving JR/PA time to figure this thing out but can’t stand how they’ve treated BB. His track record speaks for itself, he deserved a lot more respect than he’s gotten. 

Yep. I'm all for giving them more time but man the way they treated BB is bothersome.

Well, they better bring the results soon. Not many management starts with this may people upset at them in their first year at the helm.