The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pacioretty's future in question?

Rate this topic

Coconuts

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Not that I think it's likely (though what a freaking blockbuster that would be!)...but lets spitball what the return would be...

Guessing they don't give up Necas sadly...and to be fair Kotkaniemi's contract likely offsets some of the risk of sending them Miller's. So...

Kotkaniemi, Drury, Morrow, one of Nikishin/Seeley, their 1st +/-

Maybe we can sneak in one of Honka/Heimosalmi/Suzuki...or a 2nd or...

Maybe a 3rd

I don't see Carolina as an organization anyone's gonna rob

11 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Maybe a 3rd

I don't see Carolina as an organization anyone's gonna rob

No not rob...that's still pretty good value for two legit top 6 players. Have to think that'd push them to be favourites for the cup. If it got serious enough, maybe even with a Horvat extension in place/agreed on. And in that case, I think it definitely earns another 2nd or lesser prospect.

Also crosses a lot of our apparent checklist off. Kotkaniemi is an "young roster player". Drury's had some NHL games and is probably straddling the roster player/prospect line. None of Morrow/Seeley/Nikishin are likely terribly far off either.

Edited by aGENT

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

No not rob...that's still pretty good value for two legit top 6 players. Have to think that'd push them to be favourites for the cup. If it got serious enough, maybe even with a Horvat extension in place/agreed on. And in that case, I think it definitely earns another 2nd or lesser prospect.

Also crosses a lot of our apparent checklist off. Kotkaniemi is an "young roster player". Drury's had some NHL games and is probably straddling the roster player/prospect line. None of Morrow/Seeley/Nikishin are likely terribly far off either.

I'm not keen on Kotkaniemi but I think I could accept him coming back as part of a Carolina package, it makes a lot of sense. He could still be more. 

I'd take a deal within these perimeters though, it'd def bump Carolina up the list as far as contenders go over the next 3-4 years. 

• Cheers 1