The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks management is a disgrace for the way they've disrespected Bruce Boudreau this season

Rate this topic

Miss Korea Bob.Loblaw

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

How has JR shown he’s doing things differently than what Aquilini wants?  JR is a puppet.  He has free reign to make deals, but only as long as they are within the parameters prescribed by Aquilini.  

Far from it. JR was given full reins to change his front end staff. It's his front end staff that have failed miserably to assess what they have. I truly don't understand the people who make excuses about JR and his team. They've been given almost a whole season last year, leading up to the trade deadline (they did nothing) AND free agency. This year was when they should've put all the pieces together, but they haven't. What's mindboggling was that they came in to this team with guns blazing.

If anything, Allvin is THE puppet. He is a nepotism hire and that is not inappropriate of a description for him.

We, as a fanbase, need to stop making excuses for management. I read somewhere that people are still harping on the OEL trade rather than the current coaching situation, as well as Horvat/Miller, which are both examples of mismanagement. Some people would rather blame someone else than JR, including himself. Let's not give him anymore room for that.

I'm honestly in favour of Aquilini saving money by firing everyone in management and replacing CDCers instead. For starters, even if they fail at making the team better, they sure as hell would do a much better job tanking, which is what this management cannot do. Current management has their pants pulled down and there's no toilet paper in any of the stalls.

These new hires are all bad.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • There it is 1

It all starts from Francesco and JR is being asked to do a miracle, which means nothing, is off limits.  As for Bruce, he knows that it is, JUST business and he will be OK. Right now, I am more interested, in how Tocchet & OEL will co exist ?  Good chance, they knew about Tocchet & OEL, in Arizona and I wonder why they still went ahead & hired him 

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

1 minute ago, Crabcakes said:

What damage?  He said himself that he was acting as advisor to Allvin.  I put the blame of signing Miller before Horvat on Allvin.  All else has been fine in my books.  

What we don't know is how negotiations went back when neither Miller nor Horvat were signed.  Maybe Horvat was asking too much and they thought that at the end of the day, they had better have one of them signed rather than lose both.  That's a scenario that was run on 650 FWIW.

Do you actually think that  Rutherford's conduct is acceptable?  He's also on the record as being willing to destroy the future of the franchise this offseason with buyouts.  This worthless oxygen thief needs to be ran out of town by any means necessary.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, stawns said:

Do you really believe JR didnt know that?

That's what JR said.  Saying something that made the owner look bad, inconsequential as this is, wouldn't be helping his relationship with the owner.  Remember that JR said that "managing up" is the most important part of his job as President.  Why would he make it harder by telling a lie.

• There it is 1

5 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Far from it. JR was given full reins to change his front end staff. It's his front end staff that have failed miserably to assess what they have. I truly don't understand the people who make excuses about JR and his team. They've been given almost a whole season last year, leading up to the trade deadline (they did nothing) AND free agency. This year was when they should've put all the pieces together, but they haven't. What's mindboggling was that they came in to this team with guns blazing.

If anything, Allvin is THE puppet. He is a nepotism hire and that is not inappropriate of a description for him.

We, as a fanbase, need to stop making excuses for management. I read somewhere that people are still harping on the OEL trade rather than the current coaching situation, as well as Horvat/Miller, which are both examples of mismanagement. Some people would rather blame someone else than JR, including himself. Let's not give him anymore room for that.

JR is clearly a puppet.  What hockey moves has he made that aren’t exactly like what our owner expects?  It’s the same direction as with Benning, Gillis, and Nonis.  All the same.  It’s our owner’s direction.  

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

1 minute ago, Crabcakes said:

That's what JR said.  Saying something that made the owner look bad, inconsequential as this is, wouldn't be helping his relationship with the owner.  Remember that JR said that "managing up" is the most important part of his job as President.  Why would he make it harder by telling a lie.

I don't believe a word out of his mouth.  His entire m.o is trying to deflect any blame from himself.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Alflives said:

JR is clearly a puppet.  What hockey moves has he made that aren’t exactly like what our owner expects?  It’s the same direction as with Benning, Gillis, and Nonis.  All the same.  It’s our owner’s direction.  

No, ownership did not tell JR who to hire. JR's hires have CLEARLY been hires that were people he's worked with. He had the say. Not the owner. We should not remove responsibility without any reason. JR was responsible for the front end staff, not the owner.

• There it is 1

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Do you actually think that  Rutherford's conduct is acceptable?  He's also on the record as being willing to destroy the future of the franchise this offseason with buyouts.  This worthless oxygen thief needs to be ran out of town by any means necessary.

I don't condone throwing the coach under the bus.  That is a mistake for sure.

As for buyouts, he said that buyouts might happen but only if he can't open up cap otherwise.  It doesn't look like he'll have any trouble moving Horvat for starters

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

JR is acting terribly.  But is he doing this on his own or just following the directions from the owner?  Why did Aquilini go to Vegas to meet with Tocchet?  You continue to vilify JR, but what do you think our owner’s role is in this whole situation?  Come on King.  Explain why our owner is negotiating with Tocchet. Isn’t that JR/Allvin’s job?  Is our owner not meddling in hockey ops?  

2 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

I don't condone throwing the coach under the bus.  That is a mistake for sure.

As for buyouts, he said that buyouts might happen but only if he can't open up cap otherwise.  It doesn't look like he'll have any trouble moving Horvat for starters

Which will go down in Canuck history as one of the stupidest moves ever made.

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

39 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I am also pointing, at Francesco.  As for JR & friends, they changed from their first presser to now which seems to indicate that Francesco has tighten the leash 

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

3 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

No, ownership did not tell JR who to hire. JR's hires have CLEARLY been hires that were people he's worked with. He had the say. Not the owner. We should not remove responsibility without any reason. JR was responsible for the front end staff, not the owner.

Did JR hire BB?  For actual hockey team building, how are JR/Allvin’s moves different from the owner’s prescribed direction?  Clearly JR is a puppet who is following the owner’s direction. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

I am also point at Francesco.  As for JR & friends, they changed from their first presser to now which seems to indicate that Francesco has tighten the leash 

Exactly!  JR is a puppet of our owner.  JR has said the plan is to do exactly like Benning did.  And Gillis before him.  And Nonis refused to do, so he was quickly fired.  JR is proving to have no character.  Gillis stood up to the owner.  Gillis did too.  And so did Linden.  JR cares more about keeping his high profile job than doing what’s best for the long term health of our team.  He’s a coward. 

• Vintage 1