The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Colorado Avalanche at Vancouver Canucks | Jan. 20, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

“It’s different than what I’ve ever seen”

Management unlocked another milestone! Even the players are realizing what a sh$tshow this management has created.

Players realized it a long time ago. I'm sure the Hughes accusation about the team mishandling the Pearson injury didn't just come out of nowhere.

• Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

Players realized it a long time ago. I'm sure the Hughes accusation about the team mishandling the Pearson injury didn't just come out of nowhere.

He was specifically referencing the coaching situation though.

Said he doesn’t think any player in the league has seen it handled like this. If that isn’t an indictment of management I don’t know what is.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Zerofaith said:

Wow for people who are paid as much these guys make this is the SADDEST excuse/thing to say. 

Tyler shut the f up no one feels sorry for you. 

I don't understand the hate for Myers right now. The team is shit and it's not his fault. New management came in promising new things and new visions via sound bites. They have not delivered on those promises. It's no one else's fault but them.

Hell, they even said that with a few trades, this team would be "a playoff team quick" (or something to that effect). Sound familiar?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2
  • RoughGame 1

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I am starting to think that there's a bigger disconnect between the players and management than we realize. Hughes with Pearson, Horvat and now Myers saying this. 

That's not really a good thing to have if this is the case since players could end up wanting out and not the ones we want leaving.

Making it worse to get good players to come here is even worse 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

That’s how many coaches though…

let’s be fair. Can’t coach players who just  don’t want to implement it. It’s mgmt’s job to then remove them and replace with players who can. Didn’t happen. 

Bruce has been lame duck since he arrived. His ability to lead is why we even had a Bruce bump last year.

unfortunately this roster makeup is the real failure of this club. 

I agree with a lot of what you're saying

this roster is not constructed to play a defensive first system, they are not that good, and they would have to sacrifice A LOT of their offense to play anything that could have a change of working

BB has decided to play offense and try to outscore the defensive weakness. Unfortunately, we don't have enough offensive weapons (limited scoring outside of the top 6) to do that either. 

• Cheers 4