The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Saturday January 21 2023 - Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers - 7pm PT/10pm ET - Vancouver

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

• -DLC- featured and pinned this topic

I can’t believe I’m about to say this, but the tank is just too strong to fight. 

Go Oilers Go.   Lol.  

That felt gross typing that, but these are the points we need to lose.  

Couple nice goals from Petey and Kuz, then our garbage goalies and defence blowing the rest of the game.  
Perfect. 

• Huggy Bear 3

22 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Saw that yesterday and kind of cringed. I love that he's being remembered but feel this jumping on board the Gino train is premature...let the team have our night (first) then maybe afterward. Gino is being honoured at the game on March 2...feel like they could've waited for that. But no, strike while the iron's hot I guess. 

(I'm so bitter/negative right now...gotta get outside and work some of this out!)

• Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

IMO to have any chance to win tonight's game you've got to focus on McDick. I know, I realize that is easier said than done. Having seen many of the Oil games this is how I would coach. Put a player to shadow him, make it a team assignment. A key is to take the body as soon as he receives the puck. Whenever you can take the body, hit hard and forget about the puck. Finally don't forget about Drai, you can't leave him alone. If the Oil are on the power play assign 1 guy each to McDick and Drai and let the other 2 defend the other three players. There you go, it's just that simple. That's free advice, make it happen boys. 

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

These ladies got his back…

LOL....I watched Jimmy Kimmel the other night and he had Lily Tomlin, Sally Field, Jane Fonda and Rita Moreno (she's a hoot at 91) on promoting 80 For Brady.

The old gals have spunk alright. Get 'em!

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, -DLC- said:

LOL....I watched Jimmy Kimmel the other night and he had Lily Tomlin, Sally Field, Jane Fonda and Rita Moreno (she's a hoot at 91). Promoting 80 For Brady.

The old gals have spunk alright. Get 'em!

I remember them all, Lily was hilarious on Laugh-In. One ringy dingy hahaha.

• Like 1