The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Are Columbus, Anaheim, Chicago or Arizona or San Jose replacing their Head Coaches????

Rate this topic

*Buzzsaw*

Vancouver had different ambitions than these teams heading into the season and will have also a different one heading into next season.  They want to make the playoffs.  Changing coach now is to start working on the structure so to be ready for next season.  

All those 5 teams are in a rebuild.  Arizona and Chicago even admitted to actively tanking ahead of the start of the season.  

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, mll said:

Vancouver had different ambitions than these teams heading into the season and will have also a different one heading into next season.  They want to make the playoffs.  Changing coach now is to start working on the structure so to be ready for next season.  

All those 5 teams are in a rebuild.  Arizona and Chicago even admitted to actively tanking ahead of the start of the season.  

Vancouver is not facing a rebuild?  What team have you been watching?

• Like 1
  • There it is 1

4 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Have you had your head in the sand and not heard Rutherford's own words, "retool" and "looking for young players look for a second chance"? 
This team is clearly not looking to rebuild but get new project guys with a chance of working out.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Rutherford expected them to be in the playoffs this season.  He extended Miller, Boeser and signed Mikheyev in free agency - those aren't rebuilding moves.  

In his recent interview he's talking of re-tooling the roster and not a rebuild.  They aren't even targeting draft picks but players further along.  He talks of 26 and younger - that's not necessarily prospects on ELCs.  He even talks of guys who have struggled on their ELCs and need a new chance.

Those 5 others teams went into the season knowing they are in a rebuild - SJS on the fence but got confirmation this year.  

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

Them in their primes together would be sick.  Just hope he doesn't come here, he'd probably end up hating the toxic culture and want to leave.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a first rounder refusing to report to Vancouver if JR stays.

Edited by King Heffy
  • There it is 1

It like Kevin B said it’s not that Bruce is getting fired 

it the terrible way it’s been handled. 

he wasn’t JR guy fine let him go  treat him with some respect and have some class. 

JR getting all his friends jobs then he’ll quit. 

Looks like Pittsburghs  old boys club moved it club house to Vancouver.

• There it is 2

8 hours ago, mll said:

Rutherford expected them to be in the playoffs this season.  He extended Miller, Boeser and signed Mikheyev in free agency - those aren't rebuilding moves.  

In his recent interview he's talking of re-tooling the roster and not a rebuild.  They aren't even targeting draft picks but players further along.  He talks of 26 and younger - that's not necessarily prospects on ELCs.  He even talks of guys who have struggled on their ELCs and need a new chance.

Those 5 others teams went into the season knowing they are in a rebuild - SJS on the fence but got confirmation this year.  

We are going to remain a poorly run organization for a very long time.

Edited by Dazzle
  • There it is 1

1 hour ago, mll said:

I'm not talking about what Rutherford says... he's already admitted he's wrong... I'm talking reality.

This team needs a rebuild... the D is almost all garbage.

• elephant 1

2 hours ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

There are 5 teams below the Canucks in the standings... Columbus is 9 points behind the Canucks.

Are any of those teams planning on replacing their head coaches in a desperate attempt to make the playoffs????

NO

Why not?  Because they know they are out of the playoffs, and realize it is pointless to try to eek out a few extra points by trying for a 'coaching change bump'.

What's the difference with the Canucks?  Why can't they wait till the end of the season?

You tell me.

Loser led team that is fighting for loser points, to end up in the middle or NHL Purgatory

3 hours ago, mll said:

I agree, they are trying to get ready for next year. Can’t help but have this glass-half-full view but I think they evaluate who they like and who they can work with and cut bait on the rest. 

I hope miller is on the “who we can work with” chart or we are in big trouble.

I don’t mind the firing, makes sense, but sh***y how they handled it with Bruce who deserves more.

I also don’t kind the cut throat mindset of Rutherford. This might be an unpopular opinion. However, all these players and coaches are all just chess pieces and the goal is the cup. I don’t think being heartless or cold is bad, however we have to strike that Balance. 

jt miller losing his shit on the bench before the disallowed goal for example. People we laughing and criticizing him for it, where as I love it, and I know for a fact from buddies who play in the league, players love that intensity as well.

I think we will right this ship and I think management is ready for it. Look at it from their point of view. They inherited this team, they inherited Bruce as a coach, this is their first chance to out their touch on it. 

lets see how it goes!!