The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Are Columbus, Anaheim, Chicago or Arizona or San Jose replacing their Head Coaches????

Rate this topic

*Buzzsaw*

7 hours ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

There are 5 teams below the Canucks in the standings... Columbus is 9 points behind the Canucks.

Are any of those teams planning on replacing their head coaches in a desperate attempt to make the playoffs????

NO

Why not?  Because they know they are out of the playoffs, and realize it is pointless to try to eek out a few extra points by trying for a 'coaching change bump'.

What's the difference with the Canucks?  Why can't they wait till the end of the season?

You tell me.

Pathetic franchises do pathetic things. 

6 hours ago, Dr.BRR said:

I agree, they are trying to get ready for next year. Can’t help but have this glass-half-full view but I think they evaluate who they like and who they can work with and cut bait on the rest. 

I hope miller is on the “who we can work with” chart or we are in big trouble.

I don’t mind the firing, makes sense, but sh***y how they handled it with Bruce who deserves more.

I also don’t kind the cut throat mindset of Rutherford. This might be an unpopular opinion. However, all these players and coaches are all just chess pieces and the goal is the cup. I don’t think being heartless or cold is bad, however we have to strike that Balance. 

jt miller losing his shit on the bench before the disallowed goal for example. People we laughing and criticizing him for it, where as I love it, and I know for a fact from buddies who play in the league, players love that intensity as well.

I think we will right this ship and I think management is ready for it. Look at it from their point of view. They inherited this team, they inherited Bruce as a coach, this is their first chance to out their touch on it. 

lets see how it goes!!

Considering that they're just making the assessment that the team isn't good enough, they are well behind the ball. Let's not kid ourselves that they inherited this team recently. They had the TDL, free agency, and the NHL draft. Plus, JR hired all of his current staff. There's enough failings this year alone to blame management for being poor assessors. The fact that they are replacing one of the most decorated NHL coaches with a losing record coach is not a good sign at all.

4 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

Pathetic franchises do pathetic things. 

Those other teams aren't a media circus like Vancouver is either. 

I don't think it can be discounted as a factor. 

14 hours ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

There are 5 teams below the Canucks in the standings... Columbus is 9 points behind the Canucks.

Are any of those teams planning on replacing their head coaches in a desperate attempt to make the playoffs????

NO

Why not?  Because they know they are out of the playoffs, and realize it is pointless to try to eek out a few extra points by trying for a 'coaching change bump'.

What's the difference with the Canucks?  Why can't they wait till the end of the season?

You tell me.

1. It's much better to get the new coach in time before tdl so he can evaluate the players.

2 The Canucks are looking for a window in three years.

BB wasn't a match for that because it seems JR wants a coach with more playoff character and BB was all in. 

The defensive side will and must be prioritised and worked on for a couple of years.

Especially since we have to build our defense around Hughes and OEL. .

• Cheers 1

On 1/22/2023 at 2:18 PM, Timråfan said:

It's much better to get the new coach in time before tdl so he can evaluate the players.

I don't understand this point. GM Alvin had 2-3 months to evaluate last tdl and even more time to evaluate for the draft and yet more time to do so rior to the start of the season. Not a lot happened with on-ice personel in that time frame.

This is not the coaches job, it is the GM's.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1
  • There it is 1

16 minutes ago, GB5 said:

I don't understand this point. GM Alvin had 2-3 months to evaluate last tdl and even more time to evaluate for the draft and yet more time to do so rior to the start of the season. Not a lot happened with on-ice personel in that time frame.

This is not the coaches job, it is the GM's.

If the GM doesn’t cooperate with the coach about wich players suitable for each coaches system it’s bad. 
Par example small players for a coach that goes for intimitation

On 1/21/2023 at 10:47 PM, *Buzzsaw* said:

NO

You tell me.

They might still suck, as long as they're using those goaltenders. 

So what if they win games. Bettman will give the 1st to whoever he chooses to give it to. Maybe he owes JR a favour. 

On 1/21/2023 at 11:06 PM, *Buzzsaw* said:

Vancouver is not facing a rebuild?  What team have you been watching?

I would say, no they aren't.  Lots of talent and the roster needs some balancing, but coaching was the biggest issue.  That said, I'm not sure they fixed that ........but I'll give them.a chance

On 1/22/2023 at 1:18 PM, Timråfan said:

2 The Canucks are looking for a window in three years.

BB wasn't a match for that because it seems JR wants a coach with more playoff character and BB was all in. 

What does this even mean?

1 hour ago, Timråfan said:

Wich means Tocchet will have the final say on wich plyers to ship away at TDL.

No Tocchet will have input.  Management will have the final say on players in the support group.  The owner will have the final say on the key core guys.  

Just now, Fanuck said:

What does this even mean?

I suppose it’s the BB all in you’re thinking about.

BB isn’t good in playoff since he goes all in offensively. 
During the regular season it works out but when the team tightens up and gets rougher it doesn’t work. 

• There it is 1