The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What happened to this organization?

Rate this topic

SlyZen16

When we had Gillis, Aquaman, Sedins, Kesler, Luongo, Bieksa we were respected. Now we are the laughing stock of the NHL. Hopefully we land Bedard this NHL draft and make some good moves. Need to right this ship. We have hit rock bottom and the only way is up! GCG!

• There it is 2

5 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

121 Aquilini Photos and Premium High Res Pictures - Getty Images

Like it or not, he was part of the Canucks winning periods too. I don't agree at all with how Boudreau was treated here though. We deserve whatever karma that hockey gods dish to us.

Rutherford is ruthless. What an ass.

Edited by Dazzle

3 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Like it or not, he was part of the Canucks winning periods too. I don't agree at all with how Boudreau was treated here though. We deserve whatever karma that hockey gods dish to us.

He was but I don't remember hearing about him having his hands in the mix back then. The last ten or twelve years it's all you hear.

• Like 2
  • There it is 1

Funny how we had a two man dictatorship running the show who were both justifiably canned because they had no idea what the hell they were doing. 

Then to "add structure" and bringing in a "bright, innovative mind" like Rutherford (lmfao), we hired him as the President, a new GM and like 50 other AGMs to boot. 

"StRuCtUrE" right? 

Just goes to show it doesn't matter how many members are added to a so called team of hockey executives.

Tools are tools. 

• Like 1
  • There it is 2

23 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Aqua came on board when the team was already in a period of success. He was not present prior to the WCE. But after 2013, he tried to hold on to the remnants of the previous eras. He refused to adapt because he was never a part of a rebuild and he still refuses to be a part of one.

• There it is 2

THIS IS FROM HOCKEY GODS..JUST LIKE I SAID NEW HOOK WAS A BETTER CHOICE THEN PODZKIN ..NOT THAT HE WOULD SAVE FRANCHISE BUT CHOICES LIKE THAT ARE BAD...THEY HAVE NO CLUE HOW TO MAKE A TOUGH TEAM THAT WORKS IN THE NHL..SKILL AND HOCKEY I Q ....IF JIM TRADES BO HORVAT HE WILL REGRET IT AND AQUAMAN WILL HAVE TO AGAIN FIRE THE SENIOR MANAGEMENT..REMEBER THIS IF HORVAT GOES THE CANUCKS WILL REGRET IT IT AND THERY WILL STRUGGLE FOR YEARS...YOU NEED TO FIND A WAY TO MAKE THE TEAM MORE DIVERSIFIED IN AS BETTER PLAYERS THAT WILL MAKE SOME NOISE...PLAYERS THAT ARE WILLING TO PLAY THAT HARD NOSE GAME....

• RoughGame 1
  • There it is 1

2 hours ago, SlyZen16 said:

When we had Gillis, Aquaman, Sedins, Kesler, Luongo, Bieksa we were respected. Now we are the laughing stock of the NHL. Hopefully we land Bedard this NHL draft and make some good moves. Need to right this ship. We have hit rock bottom and the only way is up! GCG!

Aquilini believes he’s the smartest person in the room.  We were doomed when he believed his direction was better for the club than Gillis’.  Gillis said to rebuild and Aquilini didn’t want to, so fired Gillis.  Been craperolla since. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

I'm convinced that the women they hired for this team were for PR purposes. They are not seen at all making hockey decisions. Then again, no one else is making them. It's JR, and it always has been him.

Allvin is the most useless GM I've ever seen.

You've actully seen him????  Holy smokes!!!!  Where, When, how, with who, what ?????Sony Rebooting The Invisible Man

Edited by RU SERIOUS
  • RoughGame 1
  • There it is 3

41 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Aquilini believes he’s the smartest person in the room.  We were doomed when he believed his direction was better for the club than Gillis’.  Gillis said to rebuild and Aquilini didn’t want to, so fired Gillis.  Been craperolla since. 

Actually it was the mass fan unrest prompted by the media because their "leak" got fired by Gillis. right after that the revolution started in the media

3 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

He was but I don't remember hearing about him having his hands in the mix back then. The last ten or twelve years it's all you hear.

Because we were winning, hence no need for him to. But now for the last decade, since it’s been obvious to everyone except apparently Aquadouche that we need a full proper rebuild, he’s done whatever it takes to prevent that. 

• There it is 2

3 hours ago, Dazzle said:

I'm convinced that the women they hired for this team were for PR purposes. They are not seen at all making hockey decisions. Then again, no one else is making them. It's JR, and it always has been him.

Allvin is the most useless GM I've ever seen.

That absolute clownshow of a fiasco with the whole rachel doerrie thing when she literally got hired then fired in a matter of weeks was also probably a bad sign from the beginning as well. 

It's almost like this organization can't avoid being an embarrassment for some reason like it just comes naturally.

• Haha 1
  • There it is 3