The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks fire Bruce Boudreau, Trent Cull; name Rick Tocchet as head coach, Adam Foote as assistant coach, Sergei Gonchar as defensive development coach

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, Maginator said:

If anything he's one of the more reputable media members who covers the Canucks.

So being the best of a bunch of 'meh' is somehow good these days?

That'll probably be management's end of year press message,  "We had the best record of all non-playoff teams, so we were actually good."

25 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Rick Tocchet deleted his Twitter account this morning.

To be fair, whether he did this because of Daniels tweet...I don't blame him for getting rid of it knowing how much of a fire he's coming into. Can't people dig up old tweets and likes anyways? So I doubt he did it because of Daniel. Not that I know much beyond this with twitter...I don't have any online social presence...only this site lol. I guess that counts.

EDIT, nevermind I see you addressed this!

Edited by Attila Umbrus

1 minute ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I'm not big on the hire myself, but going through a person's Twitter likes to try and cancel them because A] We've already made up our minds about a person and want to find something to justify ourselves, and B] we can't handle diversity of opinion here, is lame af.

Yup, that's the lamest trait that runs rampant through the West Coast more and more. 

Let's search every single detail for ways to get upset at someone and extrapolate it to mean they're bad people without ever having interacted with them in real life. 

Just now, grandmaster said:

Pretty shocked that Mike Yeo and Jason King survived. 

One question about Gonchar running the defence. Wasn’t he a primarily offensive defender when he played? How can he preach what he never really practiced? 

foote is the defensive development coach.  he will be doing ALOT of developing lol

• Like 1

Just now, grandmaster said:

Pretty shocked that Mike Yeo and Jason King survived. 

One question about Gonchar running the defence. Wasn’t he a primarily offensive defender when he played? How can he preach what he never really practiced? 

He was one of the better players at getting the puck out quickly. 

Plus shooting the puck and slipping in for one timers.

1 minute ago, cripplereh said:

Wow total wrong time to do this.

Season's end would have been better.

Guess now trades will start to happen in a week or so to get the new coach players he thinks can make the team better or we will stay in the same situation.

A few players look to have already checked out. Might as well get this ball rolling. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Tocchet: Listens to what Yeo and King has to say.

Tocchet: Ok guys, first things first, we're not doing what Yeo and King have to say.....

Quite possibly King and Yeo are just here till the end of the year. We still need tank commander’s 

Edited by Devron
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

A view that differs from yours automatically is "full of anger and hostility". 

Gotcha 

Posting in support of convoys.  Shutting down Ottawa and border closures.  In support of Jan 6th.  About the big steal.  With vaccine conspiracy statements.  Comments about woke culture and borderline LGBTQ angst filled tweets.

That's not a difference of opinion.  That's also not puppies and rainbows.

Vancouver fired the former anthem singer because he took part in covid protests.

Do you think for a second with all the bad press and publicity surrounding this hire and the treatment of Boudreau that they'd NOT tell him to clean his socials up?

• RoughGame 1
  • There it is 2

4 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I'm not big on the hire myself, but going through a person's Twitter likes to try and cancel them because A] We've already made up our minds about a person and want to find something to justify ourselves, and B] we can't handle diversity of opinion here, is lame af.

We can’t handle diversity?

then what would you call that 10 headed monsterous management group that has loyally f**ked up in every manner so far with their management of the cap and team.  

Replacing coaches happen all the time in sports biz so not the problem here.

Its the way the Canucks mgmt handled this one with the presser on Monday indicating that they spoke to other coaches which have us baffled. Not sure how the Canucks mgmt team would react if Aqualini came out to say he was also looking at other GMs. Show some tactfulness  discretion and professionalism and this would not as big a story. 

Say less and do more please.

Best of luck to BB who was all class, smiling and kept it light + funny in difficult times.  Good luck to RT, AF and SG in the new roles.as well

PS. I must be getting old - use to watch these players as rookies and now coaches..

• There it is 2