The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is this the lowest

Rate this topic

Reibonoff

25+ years of investment in the team, merchandise, tickets, roping other people into the fandom, watching every game no matter how they played. I’m done. This is the final straw and I’m not coming back until all of management is gone. The irreparable damage they’ve done to a team I’ve loved since the moment I saw my first game with Sedins working their magic is unforgivable. This black stain will never be removed. 

When this quick fix plan fails and believe me, it will, they’ll have no cup and an extremely alienated fanbase. Will it all have been worth it to treat a Hall Of Fame coach as a piece of garbage like they did? Despicable organization and I hope the fans show their displeasure by making the arena empty every night. They don’t deserve a dime.

Edited by StanleyCupOneDay
  • Thanks 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • RoughGame 2

13 minutes ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

25+ years of investment in the team, merchandise, tickets, roping other people into the fandom, watching every game no matter how they played. I’m done. This is the final straw and I’m not coming back until all of management is gone. The irreparable damage they’ve done to a team I’ve loved since the moment I saw my first game with Sedins working their magic is unforgivable. This black stain will never be removed. 

When this quick fix plan fails and believe me, it will, they’ll have no cup and an extremely alienated fanbase. Will it all have been worth it to treat a Hall Of Fame coach as a piece of garbage like they did? Despicable organization and I hope the fans show their displeasure by making the arena empty every night. They don’t deserve a dime.

Appreciate you.  Integrity matters and you have it.

• Cheers 1

15 hours ago, Fanuck said:

He organized and personally participated in a nation wide gambling ring across multiple sports and recruited NHL players, coaches, owners and law enforcement to participate.  It was also linked to the mafia.  But Ok, go ahead and compare it to a basement poker game if you want.

Let's not be too naive either...he was sent in there as the fall guy and got a slap on the wrist.    Wasn't organizing it - was just part of it.  And not the brains or the one pulling the strings either.    Tochett didn't roll over and give those names.    Should fit right in.    Next man up for the firing line. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

BB has no problem moving on.

No one harasses him online and give him hell due to management.

Benning on the other hand was a real disgrace and I never seen anything like this against him.

1 hour ago, Timråfan said:

BB has no problem moving on.

No one harasses him online and give him hell due to management.

Benning on the other hand was a real disgrace and I never seen anything like this against him.

It was pathetic, the way it was all handled... Needless to say PA will be on his 7th of the cats nine lives because of it with the fans..

If this doesn't go well, it won't be long before the fans start calling for PAs head at the games...

You know what? 
The position of the team is just about as bad as anything under Bennings tenure...

So maybe get over your chum Dahlen... he couldn't hack it.
And Eriksson just sucked ass...

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • There it is 1

1 minute ago, spook007 said:

It was pathetic, the way it was all handled... Needless to say PA will be on his 7th of the cats nine lives because of it with the fans..

If this doesn't go well, it won't be long before the fans start calling for PAs head at the games...

You know what? 
The position of the team is just about as bad as anything under Bennings tenure...

So maybe get over your chum Dahlen... he couldn't hack it.
And Eriksson just sucked ass...

A GM should handle situations in a good manner and I can’t tell what JR done wrong since I don’t read the Canucks news in media.

The situations Benning created on his own was way more bad than anything I heard of JR and PA.

Par example Miller… If they didn’t sign him they would have been executed by the fans that loved Miller.You know there were a lot of them here, some willing to pay up to ten mill for his ”moral”.

Boeser can be discussed but I don’t know how much money the Canucks make of him. He’s a poster boy and may sell a lot of clothes…

The defence have three players with much cap and they can’t go and get another expensive D without moving one of them out. Wich means when Myers is off the cap.

BB wasn’t a choice by JR and PA so why should they care about what Aquilini did? 
So when BB can’t adapt and continue his style they had to do something to speed up the rebuild or retool or whatever.

Have BB til the seaseon ends means they can’t use the TDL as they should.

So what had JR and PA done wrong?

18 hours ago, mikeyman109 said:

I have watched every season of this circus and this is pretty bad but the worst was the years before Quinn was hired as president and GM. There was talk of moving the team and it just seemed there was no light at the end of the tunnel. It was much the same but without Petterson Hughes etc.

Pat came in and started his plan but trading away our leading goal scorer in Patrik Sundstrom for Mclean and Gus Adams. People were up in arms over trading the classy Swede but  these are the types of hard decisions that need to be made right now.Its assess every part of the roster time.

We all know what we have on D. A tire fire. too many bad contracts on D. Its going to take some work to fix it.

Up front we need to get younger. If we are going to be rebuilding we will most likely have to trade Petterson. Its going to be a few years of losing to get to where we need to be and Petey isnt going to want to hang out through all that.

We need to get some size with skill up front. not fighters. toughness. corner size. Stand in front of the net size. Today we have a lot of peripheral players. The guy that surprises me is Kuzmenko. He isnt afraid of the front of the net but he is 26 and by the time this team can re tool or whatever they want to call it he will be at least 29. They are better to move him for picks and or a package at the TDL. Its going to be at least three seasons before anything can really change but its time and it has to happen.

Lastly would Conor Bedard change things. Yes it would . It would speed things up considerably however we have sat in this forum in past years running the draft simulator, playing the hope game. Hope is not a strategy. If we bottom out and draft a good young player this season fantastic. If its Bedard even better but its highly unlikely we will finish last in the league and even if we did there is still no guarantee we win the draft lottery.

its time to rip it down tot he studs. No more re tooling. No more tweaking. no more minor surgery. A complete restart.Horvat Miller Boeser gone. Garland., Myers OEL find a way.

Start fresh and this may mean moving Petey and Hughes. But start and have a plan. Since JR and Alvin got here it appears there isnt one.

Spot on.... enough of the rinse repeat...

Main concern just now, is the team going on a tear and pick outside the lottery ticket places... we won't get rid of Myers for at least another year, so might as well go as low as possible to draft some future stars. 
this years top 3 looks very good and Bedard could definitely help turn any franchise around. 

Hopefully somebody upstairs gets the bright idea of actually turning this franchise into a winning one.... we have plenty of participation ribbons...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

A GM should handle situations in a good manner and I can’t tell what JR done wrong since I don’t read the Canucks news in media.

The situations Benning created on his own was way more bad than anything I heard of JR and PA.

Par example Miller… If they didn’t sign him they would have been executed by the fans that loved Miller.You know there were a lot of them here, some willing to pay up to ten mill for his ”moral”.

Boeser can be discussed but I don’t know how much money the Canucks make of him. He’s a poster boy and may sell a lot of clothes…

The defence have three players with much cap and they can’t go and get another expensive D without moving one of them out. Wich means when Myers is off the cap.

BB wasn’t a choice by JR and PA so why should they care about what Aquilini did? 
So when BB can’t adapt and continue his style they had to do something to speed up the rebuild or retool or whatever.

When they started their tenure, they want to achieve cap space.

Instead they signed Brock, Mika and Miller..

It was blatantly obvious that the D sucked, but the did very little to address it...

They made the decision to sign Miller, knowing very well it likely would mean losing Horvat (bad gamble that has back fired). 

And then going out in the press several times putting the knives into Bruce tenure, while actively looking at replacements, basically making Bruce a dead man walking. 

They are in no way any better behaved than Benning. 

The anger of their treatment of Bruce is real, and dare I suggest that PA already is on his 7th of 9 lives with the fans because of it. 

They better hope Tochet does a fantastic job, or the knives will be out quickly...

• Thanks 1
  • There it is 2
  • elephant 1

19 minutes ago, spook007 said:

It was blatantly obvious that the D sucked, but the did very little to address it...

They made the decision to sign Miller, knowing very well it likely would mean losing Horvat (bad gamble that has back fired). 

And then going out in the press several times putting the knives into Bruce tenure, while actively looking at replacements, basically making Bruce a dead man walking. 

The anger of their treatment of Bruce is real, and dare I suggest that PA already is on his 7th of 9 lives with the fans because of it. 

They better hope Tochet does a fantastic job, or the knives will be out quickly...

Hope Tocchet does a bad jobthe rest of the season you mean. Bedard might fall in our hands and if Tocchet does what BB and Green has done before, take us above the lotterypool it will be bad. 

It’s a lot of drama, knives in BB… Grow up I would say.

Grown up man that are so trumatised by this situation is sad.

The chanting of ”there it is” is probably the issue here. Too much positive feelings that crashed this season.

1 hour ago, Timråfan said:

Hope Tocchet does a bad jobthe rest of the season you mean. Bedard might fall in our hands and if Tocchet does what BB and Green has done before, take us above the lotterypool it will be bad. 

It’s a lot of drama, knives in BB… Grow up I would say.

Grown up man that are so trumatised by this situation is sad.

The chanting of ”there it is” is probably the issue here. Too much positive feelings that crashed this season.

First part I agree 100% with. Concerned they will play a little better for their jobs, and we'll end in the same mire as under Green...

As for the second part, hmmm pot meets kettle? 

It could have been dealt with better. Bbs sacking Shouldn't have been played out in the media 

I don't know if ' too much positive feeling' is the reason, and I have no problem with the coach change, tbh atm we are going nowhere, and something has to happen. 

PA said at the start of his tenure, that Vancouver had no true superstars, which is probably true. But unless you draft them, how do you get them? 

They say one thing and does another... we'll see...

• Cheers 1

21 hours ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

hmmm....... edmonton suffered a decade of darkness but then ended up getting connor mcdavid from it

....vancouver's own decade of darkness and they also get a connor be- ?

The suffered decades of darkness and got mcD and LD, yet are still possibly on the outside looking in.  Be careful what you wish for

As a fan, it's not a low point at all. Seeing how people showed respect and admiration for Bruce in those last two games makes me very proud to be a fan. It shows just how awesome fans here can be.

Now if the question is "Is the team run by reprobates?" Well, that answer is a resounding yes.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jyu said:

Well darkest before the dawn. 

1986 was pre Linden and Bure… We need to draft couple more top end players to get us out of the dark days. 

With the cost of RFA contracts for high draft picks, that might not end up being as great as you think it is.

3 hours ago, spook007 said:

Y'know, you sit back and think about it and you wonder if JR/PA did little to address the biggest weakness on this team to NOT give the tools Boudreau needed to win games.  Easy way to get the guy outta here and bring in Tocchet (who they wanted here all along).  Just reiterating, it was blatantly obvious we needed defensive upgrades, but instead we brought in more wingers.  Makes you think...

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Timråfan said:

I think the difference here is with Benning, his issues was that he was completely out of his depth and didn't know how to run an organization. We've seen so many aspects of this organization atrophy slowly under his watch. He missed layups and made tons of unforced errors when he didn't have to. But I get that. He wasn't suited for the role. 

With JR/PA, the issue is that they should have known better. Miller I think the jury is still out, but firing the coach and appointing an interim as soon as you decide he isn't the one is Management 101. JR has done this before, the standard is higher than what I expect from Benning, and tbh, I think even Benning knew enough to fire a coach as soon as it isn't tenable (Aqulini took that power away from him in his last days).

I dunno, the conference just smacks to me of a guy whose cocky because he won two cups with Crosby and he feels he's above those norms.

I think JR and PA still has the capacity to turn this around, but it's definitely not in the direction I like. Rumor is with Bo we aren't asking for ANY picks back at all, but players. It's frustrating, they have a fanbase begging for a more patient approach. How many GMs in a Canadian market had a fanbase WISHING they took their time?

Their timeline is to turn this around in 2 years. As per the press conference. We have no draft assets and prospects to speak of , so the most they are aiming for is to top out as a wildcard team. That simply isn't good enough for me.

I think they have more competence but they are doubling down on the wrong strategic direction. At least with Benning, i can always count on the unintentional tank to give me a hope of a top 5 pick haha. 

Sad times.

• Cheers 1

We’ve all seen cdc talk about the country club atmosphere and how we are and have been to nice. We are now going to see how someone who is the antithesis of the Sedin’s run the team bench wise. I hate the drama that has been taking place and with Bruce. But it is a business and it seems like we will now see if JR and Alvin can start to shape a winner. Nice guys usually do finish last. 

Edited by Wayne Jetski
  • Like 1