The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Organization is the joke of the NHL

Rate this topic

Past canuck fan

14 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

When I see people exaggerate like this my inner contrarian starts to poke it's head out.

How is this an exaggeration though? Is it not possible for people to feel an extreme side of emotions that you don't feel?

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Sure, I suppose. But I'm starting to find the extremely emotional fan reactions more annoying than I find the admittedly terrible Canucks management regime.  

Fair. I don't personally think it's annoying though, and that's where people are going to have their differences.

2 hours ago, Iron Man said:

We don't play in a college hockey rink that seats 5000 so there's that.

Nice sig! That's when a ref refused to blow the whistle and Demko had to make some spectacular saves?  Did you create that yourself?

Yeah, I mean Arizona plays in a college rink and Panthers and some of the US teams have to give tickets away for free and get subsidies or profit sharing or whatever to get by.

This team has knowledgeable and loyal fan base and the way we sent Bruce off, I'm not really ashamed to be a fan of the Canucks.

The rookie management has been annoying to say the least in the way they handle the media and all that but I think they are starting to get it as JR said in the presser, he's going to zip it and say no more. Allvin is very good at saying nothing by saying a lot and while that is annoying, it may be what this market needs: a boring GM.

Edited by jyu
  • Cheers 1

Media turned this into a thing. JR didn't handle it well either, he admitted that and apologized. I think the dust will eventually settle and the Canucks will be on their way in the retool. The TDL is coming up, they'll make some changes. Sick of the Canucks losing. 

The "fartgate" story on Odjick night was way more disrespectful and shameful IMO. And the Canucks lost. 

54 minutes ago, jyu said:

Nice sig! That's when a ref refused to blow the whistle and Demko had to make some spectacular saves?  Did you create that yourself?

Yeah, I mean Arizona plays in a college rink and Panthers and some of the US teams have to give tickets away for free and get subsidies or profit sharing or whatever to get by.

This team has knowledgeable and loyal fan base and the way we sent Bruce off, I'm not really ashamed to be the fan of the Canucks.

The rookie management has been annoying to say the least in the way they handle the media and all that but I think they are starting to get it as JR said in the presser, he's going to zip it and say no more. Allvin is very good at saying nothing by saying a lot and while that is annoying, it may be what this market needs: a boring GM.

He's not boring. He appears to be hilariously incompetent at being a GM, especially when he stumbles on words when he's trying to explain himself and how he's not accountable.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, DS4quality said:

@NUCKER67 The Media didn't escalate  things, Rutherford did when he did the press conference about the mishandling of Tanner Pearson's hand. That being the second hand injury that was mishandled this year. 

Don't blame the media for his comments 

The media are scum and they're frothing at the mouth to pile on the Canucks. Yes, Rutherford opened his mouth when he shouldn't have. He'll learn how toxic the media is here and might say a lot less going forward. 

• There it is 1