The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thank you Bruce!

Rate this topic

Jaimito

Might go down as one of the best Canucks coaches of all time and he was only here a year and never really won anything. Insane. AV took us to a cup final, Crawford pulled us through a fair bit but neither got as much love as Bruce has.

Tells you how much the fans appreciate a cheery, funny guy. I was always an AV fan but it's a different love for Bruce, especially after this victimisation.

He won't be long out of a job if that's what he wants, hope he takes the rest of the season off and after the coach carousel at the end of the year he ends up on a playoff team again.

• There it is 3

Thank you Bruce for everything that you did for this team, this city, and the game itself. I'm sorry you were treated so unprofessionally by a crew of incompetents. JR is little more than a collection of senior moments at this stage while Aqualini is a human dumpster fire. Good luck in whatever it is you do next!! You deserve the best of everything.

• There it is 4

Thank you, Bruce.  You were the coach I wanted for this team when Travis Green's future was basically known.  You took a team that was plummeting and brought us within points of the playoffs.  A dysfunctional, poorly built, poorly contracted team with no identity, put them and us on your shoulders and almost willed us to the promise land.  Then management came out, said they don't like what you do, how you do it, and didn't want you here.  Then let you hang out to dry with their choices, roster, and opinions with your heir in the wings.  

No thank you, to management, ownership, and the dysfunctionality we've had to deal with as fans.  We're the problem, the media is the problem, Bruce is the problem.  No, just no.  The problem is no plan 2.0, the problem is  the awful way you run things  and treat people.  The problem....is you!  And until you realize it, no matter how much you try, no matter what you do, nothing will ever be fixed around here.  Good luck, and I'm sure we'll treat the new coach with the same class and respect you gave OUR last one.

• There it is 4

I have nothing but respect for what Bruce has given to this team. He was professional and was all class, despite the horrible situation he was in. Management did not do enough to support him and didn't give him much to work with. I hope he gets a shot with another team as I thought he deserved better. Even if it was only a year, Bruce will always be fondly remembered by the fanbase.

When it comes to this group of players, I sure hope they feel bad about getting 2 coaches fired in less than 2 full seasons. They have no one else to blame but themselves. The effort and overall play is nowhere near good enough. I still think the problem is not the coaching but the players themselves.

• Vintage 1
  • There it is 3