The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thank you Bruce!

Rate this topic

Jaimito

His overall coaching record is terrific and speaks volumes.  He has a really incredible resume.  One of the reasons he was loved so much here is that his history brought with it a belief that he was a winner and would help the team win. Vancouver will always support a guy with a truly impressive record.

• There it is 3

I am not going to say Bruce was my first choice for coach after Green was fired.

But he did a great job in his first year.

And if management had actually procured some decent improvements in defensive personnel in the off season, maybe his second year would have been better.

But they did nothing... the band aid solutions they presented him with to start, (Stillman) and then the second band aid, (Bear) were no where near the caliber which was needed.

Ad to that, Bruce ran into some bad luck... the only player who could have saved the team defensively, i.e. Demko, went down for the count.

Left with two backups as goalies... (who performed well for the first couple games, then fell off the cliff) the inevitable decline began.

Add to that Management's botched player signings... team Captain Horvat with the sword of Damocles hanging over his head in the form of a trade... as well as all the other players without term... and the other key element, which would be team morale... plummeted too.

Any surprise the season was not so good?

No, I don't blame Boudreau... and he deserved better.

• Cheers 2
  • There it is 1

Much love to Bruce. He was one of the few bright spots on the team for me. He said “I think they would have went through a wall for me and, as a coach, that's all you can ask for, quite frankly.” Honestly, I'd go through that wall for you too. The class and dignity that you have shown is more than this franchise deserves. I really hope someone gives him another crack at head coach. He seems like he really wants to keep going. Whatever team he chooses, I'll be cheering for. I won't stop being a Canuck fan, but I'll want to see him succeed.

• Like 1
  • There it is 3

Bruce brought light to a team surrounded in darkness. His joy and personality seeped into everyone who saw him, which is why he managed the impossible to get universal support from Canucks fans regardless of the score. He was too good for us and didn’t deserve the revolting treatment management gave him. I will always stand with Bruce and remember his time with us fondly. I wish him the very best in whatever his next job is, he’s a good guy who was easy to cheer for.

• Cheers 2
  • RoughGame 1
  • There it is 2