The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who will thrive and who won't survive under Rick?

Rate this topic

DownUndaCanuck

26 minutes ago, R3aL said:

DAME is as loyal as they come 

People were calling in on radio and there are people

saying they gonna or already have jumped ship

Really? Well, let em leave. Fandom doesn't need to be that hardcore. I watch Detroit and Florida closely. Usually at least one of these 3 teams are good. Although not always. Lol. I think we do tend to get a little too serious about it. If a team doesn't entertain you, why not follow a team that does?

1 minute ago, N7Nucks said:

Really? Well, let em leave. Fandom doesn't need to be that hardcore. I watch Detroit and Florida closely. Usually at least one of these 3 teams are good. Although not always. Lol. I think we do tend to get a little too serious about it. If a team doesn't entertain you, why not follow a team that does?

To each their own. 

i personally feel that way with other sports where I don’t have a true team to cheer for that I have a deep rooted connection with like I do the Canucks. Where it’s our actual city, community and family generations ingrained into me.

i like the die hard fan mentality though. And most big club markets have that.

Bleed the colours.

i fall in That slice of the pie of fandom.

And I just don’t enjoy the jumping ship narrative and parading it here on cdc to get reactions. 

but I said life is short do  what you want and makes you happy.

you’re having a weird year than because all three kinda suck this season eh

3 hours ago, R3aL said:

He did say we won’t be sitting back defensively they will be pressuring the puck which makes me happy  

but ya we will continue to lose more than we win even if we have a an improved system.

my expectation:

1. Win some games early from the momentum change, fresh air, adrenaline and softer schedule.

2. PK continues to stink even if slight improvements 

3. goal tending will be below league average even with an improved system.

4. PP goal scoring will determine games we win, and our offence will slow down at evens

5. Post Horvat trade will hurt our scoring even if Petey and Miller elevate their game

6. boeser and garland show improvement in the new system / style of playing and build some momentum / help their trade values

7. we get Podkolzin and Hoglander back in the lineup and Podkolzin thrives with the new coaching staff and his rebuilt confidence 

8. Hoglander, and miller I’m not feeling confident on. But if their was any coach to help Miller sounds like Tocchet and co are perfect so going to stay optimistic 

9. We finish bottom 7 and hopefully have some lottery luck 

10. choosing to be optimistic 

11. OEL and Myers I honestly don’t know. We will see what happens.

12. Bear we will see if coach likes him.

13. Hope Wolanin and Brisebois get some games 

14 + 15: STAY OPTIMISTIC STAY STRONG don’t listen to Drance on the radio he will fill your head with pessimism and negative energy. 

Tocchet said it sounds like he'll try and work some other players in who aren't in the lineup, I think he's talking about Hoglander and Podkolzin and maybe even Rathbone there. Would be nice to build around them and put them in positions to succeed.

• elephant 1

11 hours ago, Trebreh said:

It's pretty cool seeing these guys in Canuck colours. I know I hated Foote so much growing up in his time with the Avs lol. 

Never hated Foote, but sure respected him.   Rock solid Mr dependable.   Crazy that they added Blake and Borque.    Know that their primary rival was against Detroit ... but the WCE era team was a close second and we had to beat them to win a division title, both in the Pacific and Northwest.   And we played each other often .... won't ever forget McAllister fighting Parker and Brashear having his way with Odgers.     Brashear was tuning Jeff Odgers ten feet away from where I was sitting, but the main event at center ice was just as good,  two very tough teams. 

Maybe Foote and Gonchar can be player coaches for us, and Tochett can eject himself into the lineup for "energy" lol.    Have to respect their abilities that's for sure. 

Have to include the Avs as far as former rivals go.    Didn't end well but for awhile it was probably the hottest ticket in town.    Deadmarsh is one of the most famous fights in Canucks history... Foote was a warrior.    Actually prefer him to Gonchar.  

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, R3aL said:

You know when Seattle drafted their team.

they weren’t applauded.

they were criticized by the media.

how did that age?

The really only unacceptable part they did was   JR comments on structure all year long. But it is how they feel.

and it’s their right as leaders of the team to build the team how they envision. They had their hands tied to some extent on coaching staff and this is who’ve they’ve wanted from day 1.

could they have done it better certainly.

They are creating disruptive change right now in order to create big changes in our club.

i don’t want to question Your loyalty but threatening a community that’s feeling low with you quitting and giving up is not great.

Just give it some time. If you need to step away from the level of fan you were for a mental health break try it out. But this is OUR team.

the kraken aren’t your team and if you make that choice you’ll always know what kind of fan you were when the beautiful day comes where we do hoist the cup. 

but life is short do what you want. 

I’d never stop being a Canuck fan because the emblem in the sweater is more than whoever the managers are rn and more than who the owners are.

it’s a total team, it’s our community our fans, Canucks kids our alumni everyone.

we have Bruce ultimate respect and a royal send off. If management did things by the book with no insider leaks we would have been calling for his head or players heads like an angry mob too. So it is what it is.

Management will be gone soon enough, but fans are forever...

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 2

4 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

His doggy died.  But ppl here seem to think its enough reason to miss games so i guess its ok. 

Holy hell man. My brother's first dog was a golden named Harley. He and his wife before they had kids had Harley's pup pictures on the mantle of their fireplace. My Dad even joked Harley was his Grandson. He was goofy and the best dog.  I enjoyed dog sitting on occasion with him. When Harley died. The whole family was upset. My sister-in-law wanted to get another dog. My brother refused for about 2 years. It cut him that deep.

Just because you seem to not get attached. Doesn't mean others can't be.

• Upvote 1

I remember a few years back when Goldobin “blowing the zone early” was considered to be “cheating the game”.

Lately, I’ve seen a lot of blowing the zone early,

It will be interesting to see who stops doing this, and who gets the Goldobin treatment.

My guesses are Kuz and Mik. Brock is too slow to blow the zone early 

9 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

His doggy died.  But ppl here seem to think its enough reason to miss games so i guess its ok. 

It is. You have no idea what Bears situation is. But my rescue helped me out of the hardest times of my life. When my dog dies it will fundamentally change my life. 

10 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Tocchet said it sounds like he'll try and work some other players in who aren't in the lineup, I think he's talking about Hoglander and Podkolzin and maybe even Rathbone there. Would be nice to build around them and put them in positions to succeed.

During the presser I clearly recall Allvin saying that in his view only about half the roster was being utilized.

I couldn't help but think, that if Allvin had provided Bruce with 'actual' NHL players, he would've used them. 

Dries, Studinka, Pederson, Stillman, Brisebois, Juulsen, maybe even Burroughs...these guys don't see the light of day in an NHL rink on a contending team - yet Bruce had no choice but to play them to the tune of over 100 combined games. 

I thought that was a very negligent thing of Allvin to say considering he's the one providing the players to Bruce. 

• Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Fanuck said:

During the presser I clearly recall Allvin saying that in his view only about half the roster was being utilized.

I couldn't help but think, that if Allvin had provided Bruce with 'actual' NHL players, he would've used them. 

Dries, Studinka, Pederson, Stillman, Brisebois, Juulsen, maybe even Burroughs...these guys don't see the light of day in an NHL rink on a contending team - yet Bruce had no choice but to play them to the tune of over 100 combined games. 

I thought that was a very negligent thing of Allvin to say considering he's the one providing the players to Bruce. 

I get the feeling that Allvin isn't 100% comfortable with his English yet.  Or maybe it's being a rookie GM and knowing he's under scrutiny.  

He also made a comment about deciding to sign Tocchet on Sunday Morning.  I'd be very surprised if that were actually true.