The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

TOCCHET IS ONE TOUGH EX PLAYER

Rate this topic

hockeygod77

Just now, hockeygod77 said:

THIS GUY WAS NOT THE BEST AT PURE SCORING OR ANYTHING ..HERE IS MY TAKE ID TOCCHET CAN GET THE CANUCKS TO PLAY LIKE HE DID IN THE NHL WE WILL BE A TEAM THAT IS FEARED EVERY GAME..LET THE STAR PLAYERS DO THEIR THING...IVE ALWAYS COMPLAINED ON HOW SOFT THE CANUCKS PLAY BUT YOU CANT DO IT EVERY GAME TOO MANY GAMES YOU NEED TO COACH THAT WHENTO AND NOT TO  AND PLAY SMART TOUGH HOCKEY SO YOU DONT BURN OUT..ID LIKE TO SEE THE CANUCKS CHANGE THIS WAY I THINK IT WILL HELP..THE MORE EMOTION THE CANUCKS HAVE THE BETTER THEY PLAY..THAT WORKS FOR ME IN EVERY DAY LIFE... YOU THEN MAYBE ADD MORE GRITT OR TRADE FOR MORE SKILL BUT WHAT YOU HAVE ARE DECENT PLAYERS THAT NO DRAFT PICK OR SECOND CHANCE PLAYER WILL GET YOU UNLESS YOU KNOW FOR SURE WHICH IS HARD UNLESS ITS A PLAYER LIKE A KANE THAT JUST NEEDS A CHANCE...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hear you LOUD and clear.  Tocchet can't take a bunch of smaller skilled players and turn them into wild beasts that are feared across the league.  Nice try.  He'd have more luck if he were the GM where he could change personnel instead.  

But yes, one look back at the 2010-11 Canucks team and you'd see the style of hockey that we so desperately need back.  Lots of hitting.

35 minutes ago, hockeygod77 said:

THISGUY WAS NPT THE BEST AT PURE SCORING OR ANYTHING ..HERE IS MY TAKE ID TOCCHET CAN GET THE CANUCKS TO PLAY LIKE HE DID IN THE NHL WE WILL BE A TEAM THAT IS FEARED EVERY GAME..LET THE STAR PLAYERS DO THEIR THING...IVE ALWAYS COMPLAINED ON HOW SOFT THE CANUCKS PLAY BUT YOU CANT DO IT EVERY GAME TOO MANY YOU NED TO COACH THAT WHEN AND PLAY SMART TOUGH HOCKEY SO YOU DONT BURN OUT..ID LIKE TO SEE THE CANUCKS CHANGE THIS WAY I THINK IT WILL HELP..THE MORE EMOTION THE CANUCKS HAVE THE BETTER THEY PLAY..THAT WORKS FOR ME IN EVERY DAY LIFE...

I sure hope so.  But unfortunately, having a tough coach doesn't necessarily make the players tough.  There are lots of examples of that, but right now Craig Berube, who was about as tough as they come, has one of the softest teams in the league.

51 minutes ago, hockeygod77 said:

THISGUY WAS NPT THE BEST AT PURE SCORING OR ANYTHING ..HERE IS MY TAKE ID TOCCHET CAN GET THE CANUCKS TO PLAY LIKE HE DID IN THE NHL WE WILL BE A TEAM THAT IS FEARED EVERY GAME..LET THE STAR PLAYERS DO THEIR THING...IVE ALWAYS COMPLAINED ON HOW SOFT THE CANUCKS PLAY BUT YOU CANT DO IT EVERY GAME TOO MANY YOU NED TO COACH THAT WHEN AND PLAY SMART TOUGH HOCKEY SO YOU DONT BURN OUT..ID LIKE TO SEE THE CANUCKS CHANGE THIS WAY I THINK IT WILL HELP..THE MORE EMOTION THE CANUCKS HAVE THE BETTER THEY PLAY..THAT WORKS FOR ME IN EVERY DAY LIFE...

I didn't hear that. Could you speak louder please?

49 minutes ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

I hear you LOUD and clear.  Tocchet can't take a bunch of smaller skilled players and turn them into wild beasts that are feared across the league.  Nice try.  He'd have more luck if he were the GM where he could change personnel instead.  

But yes, one look back at the 2010-11 Canucks team and you'd see the style of hockey that we so desperately need back.  Lots of hitting.

I will respond to this. There are personnel that we have which I wanted BB to play and could not understand why he did not. Bouroughs, Schenn, Miller, Lazar and others all like to hit but it fell off. We have the people to play that way and the team played better when we were.

• There it is 1

3 hours ago, hockeygod77 said:

Emotion you say :bigblush:

are-you-not-7hximm.jpg

OK FOR THE SOFTER FANS capital letter large letters who cares..im not into that new millennium trash..i will type smalll here to please the canuck fans who probably dont even understand the game at this level...its a business its a goal to fill the stands and win the cup..sell jerseys make money end of that...but as a canuck fan sure id love them to win a cup once and for all...but reality is there so many teams every year trying to the same thing...super bowl stanley cup world series etc..one team only and ya i know its hard..Here is one thing i ask for from rutherford alvin tocchet ..play some good hard nose hockey and play hard at home...dont worry about what will happen next..they play like they are just pro hockey guys that will do their jobs and provide me as a fan good hockey to watch..not into the drama trades free agent news coaching changes etc..tired of it i dont really care now..i just want to see good hockey ...crazy hockey tough hockey highlight reel goal hockey...if not i will just keep watch junior hockey...too much drama and not enough effort into just keeping it simple and playing like they should...THATS ALL

• Like 1
  • elephant 1

9 minutes ago, hockeygod77 said:

OK FOR THE SOFTER FANS capital letter large letters who cares..im not into that new millennium trash..i will type smalll here to please the canuck fans who probably dont even understand the game at this level...its a business its a goal to fill the stands and win the cup..sell jerseys make money end of that...but as a canuck fan sure id love them to win a cup once and for all...but reality is there so many teams every year trying to the same thing...super bowl stanley cup world series etc..one team only and ya i know its hard..Here is one thing i ask for from rutherford alvin tocchet ..play some good hard nose hockey and play hard at home...dont worry about what will happen next..they play like they are just pro hockey guys that will do their jobs and provide me as a fan good hockey to watch..not into the drama trades free agent news coaching changes etc..tired of it i dont really care now..i just want to see good hockey ...crazy hockey tough hockey highlight reel goal hockey...if not i will just keep watch junior hockey...too much drama and not enough effort into just keeping it simple and playing like they should...THATS ALL

This one's for you mate 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, hockeygod77 said:

How old are you? Lower case letters have been around for over 1000 years, might not seem long to a hockey god but us mortals are kinda used to them.

As for Tocchet... not convinced he's the right person for the job but we're stuck with him for a while so hopefully I'm wrong.

• Haha 1

I CAN UNDERSTAND AND RESPECT YOUR POINT OF VIEW IT MAKES TOTAL SENSE I RESPECT TOCCHET AND THE WAY HE USED TO PLAY... HIT EVERYTHING THAT MOVES FIGHT ANYONE THAT DISRESPECTS YOU OR YOUR TEAMMATES GET INTO THE DIRTY AREAS AND SCORE.. REALLY EXCITED YOU BROUGHT UP THIS IDEA AND YOU ARE AMAZING FOR THIS I REALLY RESPECT HOW YOU EXPECT THE CANUCKS TO PLAY TOUGH TO THE NAILS HARD NOSED HOCKEY.. YOU ARE SO BRAVE YOU ARE SO SPOT ON THAT CANUCKS FANS DESERVE TO BE FIRED SO TRUE HAHAHAHA LINE EM UP AND KICK THEM TO THE CURB... ONLY REAL HONOURABLE HOCKEY AND TRUE FANS FROM NOW ON YOU LEAD THE WAY START A REAL CANUCKS FANS MESSAGE BOARD FOR THE REAL ONES.. I ONLY HOPE YOU CAN SEE MY PASSION AND YOU ACCEPT ME HOCKEYGOD77

1 hour ago, hockeygod77 said:

Kids have issues with run-on sentences and capitalization/punctuation.  I guess I'm too new age because I use commas?  IVE SEEN FOUR YEAR OLDS WHO SOUND SMARTER THAN YOU AND MAKE MORE SENSE THAN YOU

• RoughGame 3

2 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

Kids have issues with run-on sentences and capitalization/punctuation.  I guess I'm too new age because I use commas?  IVE SEEN FOUR YEAR OLDS WHO SOUND SMARTER THAN YOU AND MAKE MORE SENSE THAN YOU

HOW DARE YOU DISRESPECT HOCKETGOD77 LIKE THAT SURELY YOU ARE JUST NOT SMART ENOUGH TO UNDERSTAND WHAT HE IS SAYING AND HIS TRUE MESSAGE IS THAT WE NEED MORE TOUGH NO QUIT REAL HOCKEY THATS ENTERTAINMENT..  

1 hour ago, hockeygod77 said:

You're gonna get a lot of crap here, but you know what? Based. 

You keep doin' you :metal: