The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Tuesday, January 24, 2023 Chicago Blackhawks(14-27-4) @ Vancouver Canucks(18-25-3) 7:00pm at Rogers Arena SNPTV SN650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

29 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

can't forget from Gino night... we get Babych and Lumme on d-fence and Linden + the Sedins up front ( they would make a great line together )

And Higgy's still got his 6-pack .... he'd fit right in too

• There it is 1

I am expecting a win tonight.  The players don't want to hilight that the issue is with them not the coach,

Let's see what the new Coach does with OEL and Myers.

Will we see more shots on the PP?

Will Miller be put in his place and be told "Chin up little buddy!" By new Coach?

Edited by DarthMelvin
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, DarthMelvin said:

I am expecting a win tonight.  The players don't want to hilight that the issue is with them not the coach,

Let's see what the new Coach does with OEL and Myers.

Will we see more shots on the PP?

Will Miller be put in his place and be told "Chin up little buddy!" By new Coach?

This group of coach killers have buried 2 other coaches already, some 3 coaches

OEL broke his leg in summer and both are older I doubt Tocchet brought the fountain of youth with him.

The new coach has not had enough time to make any difference except line selections and ice time.

If one practice is enough why was Bruce ridiculed for a poor training camp? Even last year the team responded to a new voice but only because they had tuned Green out and they didn't like Green's system, pretty much the same system that Tocchet will use.

I think there will be some benching, this game is about Tocchet establishing his dominance over the players, showing who is boss.

OEL probably just waived his NMC.

Edited by ToTellTheTruth
  • Haha 2
  • There it is 2

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Bedard is going to an original 6 team - CHI. The timing is right for them with Kane and Toews nearing the end of their careers. MTL, another original 6 team, was gifted the 1st last year.  

Let that sink in........okay, Go Canucks go!

They finished last and had the highest odds of getting 1st OA. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Mrwipeout said:

anyone cheering for the 7.5% chance of aquiring bedard or prefer a win?

Considering that the whole first round is really solid this year, whether we get Bedard or not, this is the year for a high end pick. Might be the strongest 1st round draft class since the year we drafted Kesler.

• There it is 3

Drance is soo annoying and entitled. He seriously thinks we are 50 tiers above the 5 teams below us. Dude we have a 60%PK... That alone will make us lose games. "we will only play backup goalies".... Okay? Those are what we keep dressing as well lol. 

Doesn't matter what we do he just says the polar opposite to complain even if it's aligned with his views from recent past :lol:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Mrwipeout said:

Even if we win half our games down the stretch here, we're not moving up the standings much, and our chance of getting Bedard is tiny no matter what. I can't help but be happy with wins, but losses are fine too.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Mrwipeout said:

The way I see it , the end goal is for the team to improve. With the win or the loss, So by winning that means a slow craw upwards where ever their draft position is. If they continue losing that comes with a possible improvement as well ,both coming with the same long range objectives. Isn’t that win win ?

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

With our track record with task master coaches. I ain't gonna be too worry about a coaching bump. I expect a cratering. 

I have major Torts PTSD.

I thought about that the other night - Bieksa was talking about AV breaking guys down for the first half season- I don’t remember anyone ever saying that before….made me think it was to plant the idea that management is going to take it real slow and back-to-basics this year.

I don’t actually think that Bieksa is a shill or that it would work, but I like the idea of losing out the rest of the season.

Just now, chon derry said:

The way I see it , the end goal is for the team to improve. With the win or the loss, So by winning that means a slow craw upwards where ever their draft position is. If they continue losing that comes with a possible improvement as well ,both coming with the same long range objectives. Isn’t that win win ?

ya but, if my name was pettersson, Horvat, Boeser, Kuzmenko, mikheyev  abt to negotiate contracts and being fully aware ur gonna go for a tank the upcoming 5 years, id get the f-out asap...