The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Tuesday, January 24, 2023 Chicago Blackhawks(14-27-4) @ Vancouver Canucks(18-25-3) 7:00pm at Rogers Arena SNPTV SN650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

12 minutes ago, Putgolzin said:

I thought about that the other night - Bieksa was talking about AV breaking guys down for the first half season- I don’t remember anyone ever saying that before….made me think it was to plant the idea that management is going to take it real slow and back-to-basics this year.

I don’t actually think that Bieksa is a shill or that it would work, but I like the idea of losing out the rest of the season.

What worries me, is doesn't management see the problems already??? You need a coach to tell you what is wrong? 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • There it is 2

Just now, Mrwipeout said:

ya but, if my name was pettersson, Horvat, Boeser, Kuzmenko, mikheyev  abt to negotiate contracts and being fully aware ur gonna go for a tank the upcoming 5 years, id get the f-out asap...

Rosters are and always have and will always be fluid. If anyone particular player doesn’t want to be here then it’s best he moves on anyway. Get what you can and keep moving forward. Attachment to any commodity sets yourself up for disappointment. Players are assets whether there’s harmony or complacency their worth is relative to what you get back in return for said players disgruntledness. You go with what you have whilst constantly improving that’ll never change. 

3 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

I will always cheer for the win but I still want the best chance to go high in the draft.

And we have a pick in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 2 in the 4th (Rangers); so that means picking high in each of those rounds as well.

If this is also a deep draft, meaning good talent past the first round etc, we could have a good crop of good prospects from the draft.

We may also acquire some picks in trades; so I prefer to figure I win either way (than I lose either way); Nux Win or better draft.

I always find it strange, like whether the team wins or loses somehow depends on what we hope for. I always cheer for the team to win and when they don’t (more often than not) I console myself with the improved lottery odds. Win/win like you say.

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 2

1 minute ago, chon derry said:

Rosters are and always have and will always be fluid. If anyone particular player doesn’t want to be here then it’s best he moves on anyway. Get what you can and keep moving forward. Attachment to any commodity sets yourself up for disappointment. Players are assets whether there’s harmony or complacency their worth is relative to what you get back in return for said players disgruntledness. You go with what you have whilst constantly improving that’ll never change. 

true, u need new material for real change. a wholre rebuild would b the way to go. then those abt to negotiate new contracts must decide what they want and why. just saying....stay for the evolution or try for another team? what are the players after and why? what does management want to do wtih the team? u want to be with a team that aims to play bad for picks the upcoming 5 years and hopefully get a new core with that, meaning ur career will end when the teams potential new winning team is abt to emerge...u gotta take that into consideration...thats why those players got to make up their minds. if ur happy..then stay....but will management want u to be there?

8 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

What worries me, is doesn't management see the problems already??? You need a coach to tell you what is wrong? 

Yeah, management needs somebody closer to the room.

There's also quite a bit of 'evidence' that coaches have a player or two in the room that keep them informed.

10 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Recency bias with Bruce. 

8 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

It will be that kind of run that doesn't include making the playoffs nor getting a top-five pick.

Out of the bottom 5 I can see that. Somewhere between 5-10.

Can’t win games without goaltending 

Just now, 24K PureCool said:

We are not even in the bottom 5 so I guess mission accomplished already?

Yeah exactly. I mean it’s doable I suppose but even under Bruce it would have been tough. Too much scoring power to lose every single game. Not good enough goaltending to win consistently either even if the structure comes together