The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Prediction Poll] Tocchet’s first 10 games

Rate this topic

Ted Lasso

Tocchet’s first 10 games  

57 members have voted

1. 1. How many points will we take in the next 10 games?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/27/2023 at 05:47 AM

Soft schedule.

Normal short-run bump from coaching change. Players focus on trying to make a good impression on the new coach.

Demko returns about halfway through and improves the goaltending.

JR continues to dither on trading away Horvat and others, preferring to take the risk that they get injured and have zero rental value.

Net effect: Drop down a couple of spots in draft order.

ahl goaltending and a bunch of trades that send out our scoring might be the saving grace for a bottom 6 finish. 

in not sure we’ll see the same bump as when Bruce came in who opened the offensive  flood gates and had reliable in fact unbelievable goaltending most nights. 

noon Eastern / 9am pacific start against Detroit - the "league is against us" conspiracy people are going to love that...

about .500 or slightly above, The adjustment to Tocchet will be more difficult than the one to Bruce, so the new coach bounce won't be as much as it was last year. 

Easy schedule and it is the Canucks… can’t even tank properly.  No top 5 picks for us!  We will play a little better than .500 for the rest of the season and end up with 78-82 points and just enough to put us solidly out of the top ten picks.

Based on that “success”, management will triple down on the bad roster and allocate more cap to the wing position… like paying Kuzmenko around $6 million per year.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Provost said:

Easy schedule and it is the Canucks… can’t even tank properly.  No top 5 picks for us!  We will play a little better than .500 for the rest of the season and end up with 78-82 points and just enough to put us solidly out of the top ten picks.

Based on that “success”, management will triple down on the bad roster and allocate more cap to the wing position… like paying Kuzmenko around $6 million per year.

Vancouver Canucks GIF by Aman Brah

I don't quite see why the schedule is being described as very soft with the Kraken, Devils, and Rangers showing up, so:

Blackhawks - Win

Kraken - OT/L

Blue Jackets - Win

Devils - Loss

Rangers - Loss

Islanders - Loss

Red Wings - OT/L

Rangers - Loss

Flyers - Win

8-points.

There could well be a bump but I don't know, I feel like the remaining clouds hanging over the team like Bo's status, talk of more buyouts and trades over the next few months, etc. will just sap the energy from the team.

When BB took over in December 2021, I think there was fewer concern from players about trades and FA status. Even though there haven't been many major changes yet, the rhetoric around the team and even just the practical realities of contracts ending in the next 1-2 years makes for a different environment.

Personally, I'm perfectly fine if the team still loses but they manage to play better team D, keep games close and demonstrate mental toughness (especially after getting scored on). Even if they don't win, I think that will be a step in the right direction especially if management actually can make some helpful moves. Does that mean contention in 2-3 years? I doubt it, but it hopefully makes more a more consistent and palatable effort every game.

• Cheers 1

I say he goes 7-3 for 14 points based on the schedule and the fact that every team has tape on this being a loose offensive team before teams start getting the idea and we start losing games by 1-2 goals and then we go .460 the rest of the season as injuries take hold due to the demanding system Tocchet requires

Edited by Warhippy