The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Chicago Blackhawks at Vancouver Canucks | Jan. 24, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Andrei Kuzmenko: “Sergei Gonchar is a legend in Russia”…

Watch Michkov drop in the draft… and they say management doesn’t know what they are doing. Pfft lol

Edited by Devron
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • elephant 1

A bit hard to lose a game when the other team outright stops playing. The way the Blackhawks were playing, I would not have been surprised if their coach had stapled those players who had the 2 on 1 to the bench. Canucks had the most Canuck luck ever while playing hard out of the gate and still decimated them.

Anyway, good on Joshua and Dries getting on the scoresheet. Kuzmenko continues to make things very interesting with what move the Canucks will make with him. 

Well, team definitely played hard even if it was against a tanking Chicago, will have to see how this team actually evolves once the new system is established and they face real competition.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

8 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

You call that opposition?    That is one of the worst teams I've seen in years and we barely beat them.

That might be what the fans of the other teams who beat us by a goal or two have been saying, but you're so right.

1 minute ago, ForestFalcon said:

A bit hard to lose a game when the other team outright stops playing. The way the Blackhawks were playing, I would not have been surprised if their coach had stapled those players who had the 2 on 1 to the bench. Canucks had the most Canuck luck ever while playing hard out of the gate and still decimated them.

Anyway, good on Joshua and Dries getting on the scoresheet. Kuzmenko continues to make things very interesting with what move the Canucks will make with him. 

Well, team definitely played hard even if it was against a tanking Chicago, will have to see how this team actually evolves once the new system is established and they face real competition.

Only way Van could have out tanked them is to play without a goalie. 

3 minutes ago, Devron said:

Watch Michkov drop in the draft… and they say management doesn’t know what they are doing. Pfft lol

I can see him dropping to 6 or 7. Podkolzin dropped.  He was projected to go top 5.  If Michkov is there you take him. In 3 years you will have a player that is better than Kuzmenko. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, aznmonk said:

Least we didn't take a couple of two many men's penalty.  But tomorrow is the real test. Today it's just the Bruce effect

I disagree.  We played with a lot more structure tonight. It was evident.  Our goalie sucked. With a decent goalie tonight we would have shut them out. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Nave said:

Kuzmenko and Pettersson were amazing tonight.
Blackhawks' effort was pitiful, but not as embarrassing as that jersey toss.

Imagine paying big money going to a game that you obviously hate just to throw your $300 jersey on the ice. And here’s the kicker. No one cares. Management isn’t changing anything. They have a plan and we’ll either be successful or we wont. Throwing a jersey accomplishes nothing what so ever. Just makes a franchise look even more pitiful 

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, R3aL said:

I’m in the minority but I’m very tired of cheechs colour.

- YES

- YES

- Old goalie reference

- Food Talk

- yes

I’m ready for a new exciting voice 

I agree.  My favourite colour guy was Tom Larschied.  Even as he got older he still was entertaining. Check is pretty dry these days. Larschied was definitely more of a homer which made the games more exciting. 

• Cheers 1