The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Phillip Di Giuseppe, place William Lockwood on IR

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 hours ago, JamesB said:

I thought it was a possible concussion when I saw that he left the ice after the hit. But it could be a shoulder or something else. Sorry to see it happen but Di Giuseppe deserves a shot. He almost made the team coming out of pre-season. He has spent his career going up and down between the AHL and NHL and has 204 NHL games (including 3 playoff games). At age 29 he might not get a lot more chances.   And even now he is probably 13th man, with Pederson slotting in ahead of him.

In some ways I don't like to see the chemistry in Abby broken up. It certainly makes sense to leave Podz, Hogz, and Aman on the farm where they are making good progress. 

DiGiuseppe is one guy they can afford to lose. He has been injured quite a bit this year so they are used to him being gone at least. I like that they are calling up the vets and letting the kids play on the farm instead. They need as much ice time as they can get!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Looks like a concussion to me.  He hit his head hard against the glass.  The shoulder area wasn't touched...

also the way Tocchet is holding him when he passes to the tunnel looks like concern he might fall over, not shoulder

• Upvote 1