The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Management owns all of this

Rate this topic

*Buzzsaw*

3 hours ago, lmm said:

https://thehockeynews.com/news/canucks-owner-says-he-did-nothing-wrong-in-buying-franchise-despite-court-case-1

not too likely Brian Burke would be a choice

besides there is only room for one B.B. in this town

imagine how great the convos would be around here with BB as Prez, BB as coach and BB as player

half of his claim was a lie, why not the other half?

45 minutes ago, IBatch said:

JB did though in a way.   And JR/Allvin were damned if they did and damned if they didn't.  

THAT WAS NUMBER ONE OR NUMBER TWO in those "hard decisions that they talked about

its poor mans complex really

like the guy who misses the bus because he stopped to pick up  a penny

Boeser is a guy that has been trending downward ever since his rookie season

how would you have felt if he got traded for Mikheyev last season?

It seems like a fair enough trade to me,

but because it happened in Free agency, Alvinie got greedy and had to sign both

Boeser was overpriced last season, last contract actually

I thought he was lost the day he signed his last contract

so you are going to lose Boeser because his hit is too high, sign Mik and be happy

$2 M saved

14 minutes ago, lmm said:

I never really understood why Burkie was involved in that dispute

was it because he was president?

I honestly didn't click the link, I was only referring to burke's quotes in the tweet and in reference to how he wouldn't end up back in vancouver. 

2 minutes ago, tas said:

I honestly didn't click the link, I was only referring to burke's quotes in the tweet and in reference to how he wouldn't end up back in vancouver. 

the link doesn't say much other than Burke will testify

Just going off memory I recall BUrke was not on team Aqua

I'm just not sure why

11 minutes ago, lmm said:

the link doesn't say much other than Burke will testify

Just going off memory I recall BUrke was not on team Aqua

I'm just not sure why

I don't recall honestly. burke respects character and francesco has none -- could be as simple as that. 

edit: more likely I'd say burke wouldn't have been a fan of the quick exit his protege received under the aquilinis. 

Edited by tas

45 minutes ago, lmm said:

THAT WAS NUMBER ONE OR NUMBER TWO in those "hard decisions that they talked about

its poor mans complex really

like the guy who misses the bus because he stopped to pick up  a penny

Boeser is a guy that has been trending downward ever since his rookie season

how would you have felt if he got traded for Mikheyev last season?

It seems like a fair enough trade to me,

but because it happened in Free agency, Alvinie got greedy and had to sign both

Boeser was overpriced last season, last contract actually

I thought he was lost the day he signed his last contract

so you are going to lose Boeser because his hit is too high, sign Mik and be happy

$2 M saved

Hmm.  So if anyone goes back and checks the thread about if you thought Brock was overpaid during his bridge - would we see you as passionate about it?    BTW ... the Sedins after doing a lot less - were signed to 8.13% cap hits.   After their ELC's.   Each.  Brock was signed to 7.13%.   Id like to see that backup.   And well even now he's signed for less. 

Edited by IBatch

6 minutes ago, tas said:

I don't recall honestly. burke respects character and francesco has none -- could be as simple as that. 

edit: more likely I'd say burke wouldn't have been a fan of the quick exit his protege received under the aquilinis. 

it was burke himself who had the quick exit

he was the prez and GM when the deal went down

6 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Hmm.  So if anyone goes back and checks the thread about if you thought Brock was overpaid during his bridge - would we see you as passionate about it?    BTW ... the Sedins after doing a lot less - were signed to 8.13% cap hits.   After their ELC's.   Each.  Brock was signed to 7.13%.   Id like to see that backup. 

I'm pretty sure I've said it before

I also said that I felt Brock was as good as a UFA when his last deal ended because his QO$ was way too high

this is not something I brought up today for the first time

and I can guaran-damn-tee that I am not spending the rest of the day searching old posts to prove it

are you suggesting that Brock is a future 1000 point 1300 game player?

Edited by lmm

45 minutes ago, lmm said:

it was burke himself who had the quick exit

he was the prez and GM when the deal went down

only for the first half of the sale. he was fired by stan mccammon on behalf of john mccaw while mccaw was still owner. 

edit: actually, burkie was out before the aquilinis bought the first half. francesco bought the first half in november 2004, and nonis had been in control since the prior offseason. he ran the '04 draft in june, burke was already out. 

Edited by tas

50 minutes ago, lmm said:

I'm pretty sure I've said it before

I also said that I felt Brock was as good as a UFA when his last deal ended because his QO$ was way too high

this is not something I brought up today for the first time

and I can guaran-damn-tee that I am not spending the rest of the day searching old posts to prove it

are you suggesting that Brock is a future 1000 point 1300 game player?

No.   Just saying that when he signed his bridge it was deemed a good deal.   However he didn't earn his QO - part in due because of his play and in part because cap didn't go up.   Not many people (if any) were ranting or complaining about his past contract (at the time).   And yes - he far exceeded what both Sedins had managed but got 15% or so less, and it was in just one person.   Back then the Sedins were also heavily criticized.   I remember.    Nobody would have bet  they'd end up in the HHOF after their ELC's. 

Edit: Hank - 29 points his first year.   How many goals did Brock score again? 

Edited by IBatch

On 1/27/2023 at 3:35 PM, IBatch said:

No.   Just saying that when he signed his bridge it was deemed a good deal.   However he didn't earn his QO - part in due because of his play and in part because cap didn't go up.   Not many people (if any) were ranting or complaining about his past contract (at the time).   And yes - he far exceeded what both Sedins had managed but got 15% or so less, and it was in just one person.   Back then the Sedins were also heavily criticized.   I remember.    Nobody would have bet  they'd end up in the HHOF after their ELC's. 

Edit: Hank - 29 points his first year.   How many goals did Brock score again? 

I don't think it's apples to apples though?

Weren't the Sedins on the 3rd line lots (being groomed by Crawford) and playing behind the West Coast Express who always got powerplay time, as did Brock upon arriving?