The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Our Bruce found a new job!!!

Rate this topic

aznmonk

40 minutes ago, jyu said:

OK. So, here we are concerned with and celebrating the employment of a coach who made 2 million dollars for the last two years and probably have made 10+ million dollars over the last 15 years.

Money’s  great for sure although it’s not everything for everyone. 
Employment is a huge part of many peoples identity, especially after 50+ years in one profession. 
Sadly, some retirees lose interest in life shortly after leaving the workplace and pass away. It’s probably not healthy however: for some work is life. It can be especially difficult if job loss is out of one’s control ; dismissal, health or no longer required. Always best to go out on one’s own terms which Bruce didn’t do here. 

I’m thrilled Bruce is back at it once again  and has a purpose in life he enjoys. Willing to bet he’d do it for free at this point. If it keeps him happy and healthy every one benefits. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, aznmonk said:

He found a job faster then GREEN.  TSN analyst

https://www.hockeypatrol.com/BREAKING-Bruce-Boudreau-finds-a-new-job-202050

That should have been fairly easy on B's part because TG is useless at the best of times, poisonous at the worst of times and PART of the problem now is old habits still in some minds and desperately needs to go.

Hopefully Gonchar can help with that, I'm on the fence about Toc but I'm happy about Gonchar showing up. 

41 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

When the NHL sees how much of a gong show is the Canucks are with Rick, he'll get a job hire. He had them well over .500 during his tenure over a year which will be a lot better than Green or Tocchet will manage so I'm sure teams will see that and pounce.

That kind of made me laugh, the best coach in the nhl wouldn't do well either coaching this team. 

Until player changes are made, like it or not, we're screwed!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Provost said:

Hopefully he will be able to provide his insights on the plethora of Canucks players who get traded on of before the deadline!

I'd rather him wait until the off-season to make moves UNLESS we get offered something worthwhile. 

Andddd other teams actually want what we're trading, that not always the case and the players we're after actually want to come here and despite what people say there's some who won't come and I wouldn't blame them a bit. 

I wouldn't either actually, from the owner to upper management, media, and a lot of fans (not all) are a joke at best... 

Who would want to come to that when there's better options elsewhere?  As beautiful as b.c and Vancouver is, that's simply not enough, money isn't everything and not the only reason players want to play for teams...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...