The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trotz had "no interest" in Canucks Head Coaching Job

Rate this topic

7 hours ago, Drakrami said:

No idea what you are adding lol.. 

The reason Trotz reached out to Boudreau is obviously because the Canucks offered him a job, he declined it and called Boudreau after. The fact that Trotz as an outsider thinks we treated Boudreau unfairly remains. 

Trotz even hinted that management's the main problem here with a roster of poor defense and poor goaltending. 

There is no mention of the Canucks offering Trotz a coaching job. Just speculation on your part. Which is exactly what the media has been doing for the last month. 

Also, Trotz is looking to be a GM. If the Canucks offered him that job and offers to pay him millions he would jump all over it. The whole schtick that nobody wants to come to Vancouver is a lie fed by the parasitic media in our city. Vancouver is probably a top 5 destination for most people. The living conditions alone are probably better than most of those trash American cities. 

• Cheers 1
  • elephant 1

13 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

There is no mention of the Canucks offering Trotz a coaching job. Just speculation on your part. Which is exactly what the media has been doing for the last month. 

Also, Trotz is looking to be a GM. If the Canucks offered him that job and offers to pay him millions he would jump all over it. The whole schtick that nobody wants to come to Vancouver is a lie fed by the parasitic media in our city. Vancouver is probably a top 5 destination for most people. The living conditions alone are probably better than most of those trash American cities. 

no. it's not speculation, it's logical reasoning. 

Makes no sense at all for Trotz to give Boudrau(someone he actually doesn't know) a call if he weren't offered the Canucks coaching job. 

And the subject of the topic still stands, a 3rd party feels disgusted at what's happened. 

I don't know where you are pulling out Trotz wants to be a GM. From what's been reported, hes taking care of family matters this season and will be looking to coach again in 23/24. 

2 hours ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

As I have been saying, and many of you have also stated, this administration is a mess! Until it stabilizes, we will not get a quality coach, and I worry about any quality players wanting to come here. I am sure Rutherford has his favorite agents, but we will pay a premium for players. It worries me that Horvat wants out, as it may be the tip of the iceberg.

Rutherford needs to come out and announce a well thought out plan, that is achievable, and that the fans can get behind. (It is not that we are GM's, but collectively, we have a voice, that is heard in every other teams dressing room. If we are all whining, and not happy, that echo's) It is important to make a plan and show progress. 

Rutherford and Allvin announced their plan moving forward from day one. Just over one year ago.

They like most of us saw some very good pieces on a team that needed to get faster, be harder to play against and wanted a structured coaching style.

Rutherford spoke of needing to evaluate players leading up to the off season and Allvin spoke of having to create cap flexibility where they could.

They made a couple of minor deals to free up some cap space. They utilized free agency to add more speed in Mikheyev, Kuzmenko. Added more grit and reliability in the bottom six in Joshua and Lazar for example.

I think the team nailed the trade bringing in Ethan Bear.

Rutherford has admitted he thought they could move more contracts but have been unable to. There is still a plan, the President and GM failing to say move out Myers or others is disappointing sure. The plan is still there.

I think they now have most of the coaching staff they want in place and while Tocchet may struggle he may also prove to be the right coach to organize systems play and hold the players accountable. 

The team is not " rebuilding " they will likely move Bo and bring in a couple younger pieces. May move Schenn additionally maybe Boeser for some picks/futures or in Boeser's case an NHL piece. This is their plan. Rutherford and Allvin like most of us thought it would be easier to move contracts and freshen up the complimentary roster pieces. Thinking the team was trending the right way.

Having Tocchet here now very likely will help management make decisions on moving out / bringing in the right players.

Vancouver was lucky to snag Pettersson, Hughes, Demko when they did. Like it or acknowledge it or not the Canucks already have those 2 or 3 star pieces to build around. Dumb luck Benning accidentally added rebuild core pieces along the way.

Its really unfortunate how many people have said they are done with the team for a blown out of proportion coaching change brought on by media and this continual garbage about an owner mandating or meddling in the wrong. Or bringing up the owner's personal life dragging him through the mud because your upset a loveable coach was fired for not performing or because the team is hot garbage.

Rutherford is right up there in the hockey world, media and fans can paint the management group as embarrassing or a joke but thats not how the team is viewed by its peers. 

8 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

no. it's not speculation, it's logical reasoning. 

Makes no sense at all for Trotz to give Boudrau(someone he actually doesn't know) a call if he weren't offered the Canucks coaching job. 

And the subject of the topic still stands, a 3rd party feels disgusted at what's happened. 

I don't know where you are pulling out Trotz wants to be a GM. From what's been reported, hes taking care of family matters this season and will be looking to coach again in 23/24. 

It’s very well known Trotz wants to get into management, not sure how you missed this one important item…

https://winnipeghockeytalk.com/nhl-news/the-winnipeg-jets-hiring-barry-trotz-isnt-that-simple

Also, he said emphatically last June that he didn’t want to coach in 2022-2023. Everyone knows this. He has a child with Down syndrome and wanted to spend the entire year with him. 

So not sure why Rutherford would even waste his time to call him unless he was just calling him to say hi and catch up. 

12 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Rutherford and Allvin announced their plan moving forward from day one. Just over one year ago.

They like most of us saw some very good pieces on a team that needed to get faster, be harder to play against and wanted a structured coaching style.

Rutherford spoke of needing to evaluate players leading up to the off season and Allvin spoke of having to create cap flexibility where they could.

They made a couple of minor deals to free up some cap space. They utilized free agency to add more speed in Mikheyev, Kuzmenko. Added more grit and reliability in the bottom six in Joshua and Lazar for example.

I think the team nailed the trade bringing in Ethan Bear.

Rutherford has admitted he thought they could move more contracts but have been unable to. There is still a plan, the President and GM failing to say move out Myers or others is disappointing sure. The plan is still there.

I think they now have most of the coaching staff they want in place and while Tocchet may struggle he may also prove to be the right coach to organize systems play and hold the players accountable. 

The team is not " rebuilding " they will likely move Bo and bring in a couple younger pieces. May move Schenn additionally maybe Boeser for some picks/futures or in Boeser's case an NHL piece. This is their plan. Rutherford and Allvin like most of us thought it would be easier to move contracts and freshen up the complimentary roster pieces. Thinking the team was trending the right way.

Having Tocchet here now very likely will help management make decisions on moving out / bringing in the right players.

Vancouver was lucky to snag Pettersson, Hughes, Demko when they did. Like it or acknowledge it or not the Canucks already have those 2 or 3 star pieces to build around. Dumb luck Benning accidentally added rebuild core pieces along the way.

Its really unfortunate how many people have said they are done with the team for a blown out of proportion coaching change brought on by media and this continual garbage about an owner mandating or meddling in the wrong. Or bringing up the owner's personal life dragging him through the mud because your upset a loveable coach was fired for not performing or because the team is hot garbage.

Rutherford is right up there in the hockey world, media and fans can paint the management group as embarrassing or a joke but thats not how the team is viewed by its peers. 

Could not disagree more.  Don't thing it was dumb luck Benning nailed some draft picks.  For all his faults he did a few things right here.

IMO, Rutherford is a washed up dinosaur who is playing with this team like a toy.  He already has 3 rings.  2 of those were with Crosby and Malkin in their primes and he got run out of town shortly thereafter for destroying the team.  What does he care if he wins one more cup?  He has a younger kid at home and I imagine he will not last in his role here past a few more years unless him and his cronies can magically turn things around in a hurry.  

Allvin seems like an idiot from what I have heard from him in various press conferences and team videos.  His first draft seems to have went disastrously.  Aside from Kuz and a few other minor tweaks, most major moves (or lack thereof) have been awful for this team.  He wiffed on the JT trade to the rangers last offseason, he couldn't close Boho last summer when the deal was reportedly nearing completion and sounded like it was team friendly by all accounts.  JT has turned into a cancer and the PK / Defense is worse than its ever been.

But the real problem with this team and worst of them all is Aquaman.  He has been non-stop interfering with operations for the last 10 years.  I can think of so many shameful and dumb-ass things he's done off the top of my head.  Hamhuis at the deadline, Forcing Torts on MG, Luongo meddling, bringing in Linden as a puppet and then kicking him to the curb when he rightfully pushed back, put a gun to JB's head to make him win instead of rebuild.....He deserves all flack he gets in the media and on these boards.  Maybe hsi personal life should be off limits, personally I think its fair comment.  The Aquilini family is dirty.  They got rich off the backs of hard working Canadians.  FA has turned this team into a national embarrassment.  Normally I cannot stand listening to the 'pundits' on Toronto Sports Network trash this team unfairly, but all the recent heat we have taken over the Bruce thing is 100% justified and I cannot believe it took the media that long to start calling this team out on that front.

• Like 1

I think this fiasco is really going to set Vancouver as a destination back a bit. UFA might be quite tricky next season, who would want to come play in Vancouver after we treated one of the best humans in hockey so badly?

We're going to have to start winning again properly and get a playoff-worthy team before we get signing rights for anyone.

• Cheers 1

56 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I think this fiasco is really going to set Vancouver as a destination back a bit. UFA might be quite tricky next season, who would want to come play in Vancouver after we treated one of the best humans in hockey so badly?

We're going to have to start winning again properly and get a playoff-worthy team before we get signing rights for anyone.

Meh. People have short attention spans. Nobody seems to give a crap that the Blackhawks org literally covered up a rape any more, so I imagine once things get a little more stable things won't look so bad to outsiders. 

4 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Media hasn't really lied. The evidence has kind of unfolded right in front of everyone.

Nobody said that literally "no one" wants to come to Vancouver.

Yes, Vancouver as a city is a beautiful destination. Working for the Canucks at the moment is different.

Barry Trotz literally said word for word that "everybody recognized" the treatment of Boudreau by the executives running this organization. 

It's kind of common sense that if you are aware that an employer treats their employees like absolute cr*p (in Trotz's words, "watching Bruce go through hell"), I'm sure that could have at least some effect on the decision making of joining that business.

• Vintage 1

There is no doubt the Canucks crapped the bed with the coaching situation. But I also believe the medium is the message, and Sportsnet absolutely loves to make bigger deals when possible to humiliate the Canucks and make the Leafs look great. They have been pushing that agenda for years, and have capitalized on the Canucks managements’ incompetence in recent weeks. But it’s not as bad as they make it sound. The same kind of thing generally happens elsewhere. When Babcock was being fired, everyone knew it was coming for about a week at least. Sportsnet makes it sound like Vancouver is the only place that has left a coach in place too long knowing his time was up.

Edited by Slegr

2 hours ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

Media hasn't really lied. The evidence has kind of unfolded right in front of everyone.

Nobody said that literally "no one" wants to come to Vancouver.

Yes, Vancouver as a city is a beautiful destination. Working for the Canucks at the moment is different.

Barry Trotz literally said word for word that "everybody recognized" the treatment of Boudreau by the executives running this organization. 

It's kind of common sense that if you are aware that an employer treats their employees like absolute cr*p (in Trotz's words, "watching Bruce go through hell"), I'm sure that could have at least some effect on the decision making of joining that business.

Yup.  Guys who can get their big paycheck elsewhere, because their resume says they can, will not come work for this owner.

On 1/25/2023 at 11:16 PM, swimsWithDucks said:

Mike Babcock is probably salivating at the chance of coming here now when Tocchet is fired 3 years from now. You get to work here for 1 year and collect a 2 year cheque

Do not ever mention that name please. Keep Mike Babc*nt away from here. If anyone thinks what happened to Bruce was awful, what Babc*nt did to guys like Chelios or Mike f***ing Modano is utterly disgusting, especially what he did to Modano to keep him from ever hitting the 1500gp club. Healthy scratched him several times and made sure he wouldnt ever play 1500 games. Modano is a class act, much like Bruce and if thats how Babc*nt treats HOF guys who are pure class, I dont ever want to see his name mentioned and hope he never gets another NHL job again. F*** that guy.

• Vintage 1