TRADE #1

To NYI:

Bo Horvat

Luke Schenn

To VAN:

Aatu Raty

Scott Mayfield

Anthony Beauvillier

NYI are having serious offensive issues.  Top 10 in defence, bottom tier in offence overall in the league.  Horvat could allow Barzal to shift to the wing as the playmaker for Horvat snipes.

Canucks acquire a top tier prospect in Raty.  They also acquire a top 4 RHD in Mayfield, and a middle 6 winger in Beauvillier that is still relatively young.

TRADE #2

To WPG

JT Miller

To VAN:

Brad Lambert

Elias Salomonsson

WPG has rebounded and are likely gonna want to go for it now.  With PLD likely to want out soon, Miller replaces him moving forward.  Trading PLD will recoup any loss of assets here for JT Miller.

VAN gets highly skilled, but questionable Lambert.  Definitely a high risk, high reward prospect.  Salomonsson is a very solid RHD prospect of Swedish heritage... the perfect candidate for Allvin.

TRADE #3

To FLA:

Brock Boeser

Danila Klimovich

To VAN:

Sam Reinhart

Patrik Hornqvist

FLA needs to move cap out with Duclair coming back soon.  They unload Reinhart, but also get out of LTIR with moving Hornqvist (and Duclair returning).  In return, they acquire a top 6 winger in Brock, and a B grade prospect that still has a lot of potential. 

Canucks buy low on Reinhart (on pace for only 60ish points this season). 

With these moves, Canucks can afford to re-sign Kuzmenko.  Myers gets moved for a pick in the off season.

Now we start developing our guys and have cap flexibility to weaponize for more talent in the near future.

2023 1st Round Pick prospect selection

2023 2nd Round Pick prospect selection

Podkolzin

Hoglander

Raty

Lambert

Lekkerimaki

Rathbone

Lockwood

Salomonsson

Johansson

Mcdonough

Pederson

Karlsson

Aman

Studnicka (the guy is only 23)

All of a sudden, lots of promising youth in the system.

• Cheers 1

TBH, I was actually gonna put down the deal as Beauvillier, Raty, and a 1st... I just didn't realistically think LL would be dumb enough to give up a mid-1st round pick in this deep draft year.  That alone tells me that the Canucks did well on the Horvat trade.

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, HKSR said:

TBH, I was actually gonna put down the deal as Beauvillier, Raty, and a 1st... I just didn't realistically think LL would be dumb enough to give up a mid-1st round pick in this deep draft year.  That alone tells me that the Canucks did well on the Horvat trade.

Nicely done my friend

Like the idea of all of them, Winnipeg would be a surprising partner for Miller. We'd have to take some cap back though, he's on a 5M deal for now, Jets have 2M in space right now and a LOT of money coming off the table this off-season so can fit his 8M deal.

They don't really have any useless cap though they can send our way. The only money I can see there is Brenden Dillon, an older guy who looks like he's just playing 3rd pairing minutes right now on a 3+M deal for a few years. We'd have to replace it though and give them Schenn back which I'd be happy with.

Miller + Schenn for Dillon +++

Then what do we get? Honestly I'd be happy with a prospect or a 1st/2nd round pick.

A bit more insane would just be Miller for PLD straight up but you just don't see those trades. Makes more sense for Winnipeg to trade Dillon, get an immediate replacement in Schenn and have Miller around to play alongside PLD for a mad playoff push. That would really put them over the top and next year, they free up a tonne of cap space with PLD leaving.

I think we can easily get their first with Miller and Schenn (it'll be a 20-30th overall though).