The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDTank] Vancouver CanTanks vs. Columbus Blue Tanks | Jan. 27th, 2023 | 7:00 PM, Tanksnet Pacific | Tank Edition

Rate this topic

Roberts

• Roberts changed the title to [GDTank] Vancouver CanTanks vs. Columbus Blue Tanks | Jan. 27th, 2023 | 7:00 PM, Tanksnet Pacific | Tank Edition
15 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

Tank Bowl Round Two.  Last time we were unsuccessful but now we know how soft we have to be!  But the "defending" champions have truly the worst blueline I've seen.  We gotta make them look like superstars.

The Jackets beat us last time we played.

The problem with 'tanking' is the conflict it can set up between a fan's heart and head.

In my head, I know the best thing this season's team can do for the future success of the franchise is to lose as many games as possible and get as high a draft pick as possible.

In my heart, I can't yet bring myself to hope or cheer for the other team to score.

But if the other team is winning, I don't mind.

It's confusing.

• There it is 2

48 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Win? Feels good... can't lose 'em all.

Loss? Better odds at picking first overall.

Win-win.

I look at the losses as a better chance at guaranteeing a top 6 pick.

As much as I would love of jus to get Bedard / Fantili / Carlsson I know the odds are unfavourable.

But a bottom 5/6 spot lessening the chance of being pushed out to 7-9 range is what we need to guarantee.

Bedard

-

Fantili

Carlsson

-

Mitchkov

Benson

-

Smith

I really feel strongly that TOP 6 is where we have to finish. And the top 3 would be immediate returns.