The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDTank] Vancouver CanTanks vs. Columbus Blue Tanks | Jan. 27th, 2023 | 7:00 PM, Tanksnet Pacific | Tank Edition

Rate this topic

Roberts

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

Yeah, but because JR won't let any other teams talk to his agent, it makes me think they're going to work something out. Still over a month until the TDL, so there is time to switch gears (let other teams negotiate). 

The Canucks core is not good. They can't stick with these same guys moving forward and expecting a better result. That would be insane.

I agree with this 100%.

Either Horvat or Miller need to be traded. I would prefer Miller traded and Horvat kept just because Horvat is the better Center, but I don't see that happening.

If they're going to try and keep both then Garland and Boeser both need to be gone at the TDL and then you have Kuz-Petey and Miller-Horvat as your cornerstones for lines 1&2, but I don't think anything will change with the team if they try and do that.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

9 hours ago, DS4quality said:

If my coach called me soft, I'd start playing even softer

I suspect we have players on the team who think exactly that, hence why we need changes. We need high character players who don't fold under pressure, they thrive on it.

6 hours ago, aznmonk said:

Do you guys think that the canucks have a master plan getting a 1st round pick free because other teams cannot talk to horvat? Then horvat can come back and sign with canucks as a FA? Is that even possible?

I was thinking that too. Its possible if Bo is a high character individual, if not, his true colors will come to light and we are better off he is gone anyway.

A win -win for the team either way.

Edited by EdgarM

25 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Yeah, but because JR won't let any other teams talk to his agent, it makes me think they're going to work something out. Still over a month until the TDL, so there is time to switch gears (let other teams negotiate). 

The Canucks core is not good. They can't stick with these same guys moving forward and expecting a better result. That would be insane.

Bo has been good captain and key part of our core, but with all the issues over the past 1.5 years it's time for a change. There are too many lingering effects that cannot be improved with out that change. 

Also if Myers is considered part of our core , he shouldn't be. A

Petey, Hughes, OEL, Miller, Demko should be the voices there to try to set the example of whatever identity management is looking for.

I live in a world of canuck chaos and conflict. In my happy little world - I would keep Horvat -  and trade Miller, Myers, OEL, Boeser and pretty much every other player not named Hughes. Petey, Kuz and Demko. . But we aren't living in my happy world. And  you just know they are gonna come out  and work their asses off tonight  but oh I hope not.  It will be an interesting game  - enjoy it. It will be awhile before we have another an who knows there could be major changes by then

50 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

IMO, there's no way Horvat comes back if he's traded. He feels he deserves more money than the Canucks are willing to offer. Bad feelings.

BUT, I just think they get something done and that will be that. Same stale core, same results moving forward. I hope they trade Bo, Canucks need to try something different. I'll be disappointed if they announce a Horvat re-signing.

As much as I like Horvat, I agree. It's time to try something different.

I would have preferred to trade Miller if we must keep one or the other but oh well.

Our center depth is going to be thin... Petey-Studnicka-Lazar-Dries?

JR and PA are pulling off a masterful job of tanking.

Spencer Martin and Colin Delia tandem and with that center depth after Horvat gone and Myers as your #1 RD... It all makes sense now.

47 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

But Selanne was showing Connor where his stall is in the Ducks room?????

Bedard, Zegras, McTavish, Drysdale, Zellweger/Mintyukov 

That's a whole powerplay's worth of young talent...and Zegras being the oldest isn't even 22 yet.