The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Lane Pederson (claimed by Blue Jackets)

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

You guys are giving way too much credit to this management group.  There was probably just zero communication between the management group and Tocchet, so Tocchet went ahead and had Pederson on the top line for practice.  And here we are as fans and media trying to decipher a deeper meaning, when all there was to this is a bunch of miscommunication within this monkey organization.

That's my feeling too

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

He's been up for more than a month.  If they really wanted to keep him without risking him to waivers, they would've sent him back down while he still had exemption from waivers about two weeks ago.

3 hours ago, stawns said:

Pretty slim chance he gets claimed, imo.  That said, I'm not sure what purpose keeping him around past his exemption window served.

Excited to see him back in Abby though

Agree completely. was thinking about this as his 30 days expired. He should have been sent back then. It seems like a careless mistake to just have him sitting around as a healthy scratch in Vancouver instead going to Abby before his waiver-exemption expired. And he would have helped Abby in their tough recent stretch against the two best teams in the AHL.

But he is unlikely to be claimed given that he has to stay on the NHL roster of the claiming team. And it is not likely that he will ever be an NHL regular.

Still, I would the like Canucks management to be more on the ball.

People criticized Mike Gillis as GM but when he was GM the team at least ran smoothly (even if their draft record was poor and the Luongo contract worked out badly.).

• Cheers 4

23 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

Nvm, Tocchet completely cleared it up with an entirely straightforward, concise explanation:

“It’s all like a paperwork type of thing,” “Players like him, he’s trying to make it, right? And, you know, we’d like him to — you know, I haven’t really talked to the guys upstairs yet, but to continue this week, developing himself by playing maybe down in Abbotsford. We haven’t decided that yet, but I talked to Pedey, I’d want to play. Like, if you’re trying to make the NHL… and the reason I put them together, I think they had some success a week ago or something. Somebody told me that, so see if that helps.”

Public Speaking World Map GIF by emilyreaganpr

In fairness, he's not the smartest guy.

3 hours ago, Fanuck said:

The sad reality is that guys like Pederson, Studinka, Dries, Stillman, Burroughs, PDG, Juulsen, Brisbois, ect...likely never see an NHL game (or very limited action if they do) on a legitimate contending team in the NHL, yet we're playing some of these guys 10-14min/night in some cases.  This is why we're in the bottom third of the league sadly. 

Who is PDG?

Pierre Duke Gubois?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Harold Drunken said:

This thread is proof that this fanbase will drastically overreact to just about anything right now. It's like a player hasn't been placed on waivers in YEARS haha

Ptsd GIF by GIPHY News

I'm gutted

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

Nvm, Tocchet completely cleared it up with an entirely straightforward, concise explanation:

“It’s all like a paperwork type of thing,” “Players like him, he’s trying to make it, right? And, you know, we’d like him to — you know, I haven’t really talked to the guys upstairs yet, but to continue this week, developing himself by playing maybe down in Abbotsford. We haven’t decided that yet, but I talked to Pedey, I’d want to play. Like, if you’re trying to make the NHL… and the reason I put them together, I think they had some success a week ago or something. Somebody told me that, so see if that helps.”

Did this hurt anyone else's brain?

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

king of the hill animation GIF

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Canucks twitter including media is in complete shambles after this move. Does nobody else watch hockey outside of our market??? This is incredibly embarrassing to see... buddy is a career AHL playing way up the lineup on a NHL squad. That's NOT a good sign and being mad while saying " who is going to play with EP now??" Better be satire or idk if this is even real life anymore :lol:

Good question

I think a lot of Canucks fans are just that, Canucks fans 

Some Canucks fans are also hockey fans who track the league and watch other games, there's a difference 

• Upvote 2

Don’t particularly care much one way or another about the player players as good and better hit the waiver wire all the time.

Unlike the current regime, I don’t think the team is going to get materially better by just picking up young cast offs and hoping they have more than they showed on their other teams.

The economics of the league make it more likely that you will unearth a gem by picking up a solid veteran player who has been pushed out if lineups by young guys.

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

4 hours ago, Odd. said:

I can see them preparing the roster for after the all star break. Perhaps clearing some roster spots.

Pederson IMO is a lot better than most guys we have on the bottom 6.

no he is not

more bad penalties than anyone on the team

I mean the 200' from your own net kind

he's out scoring Burroughs Lazar and Delia

I did like his fight though, probably wouldn't want to see him in too many of those though