The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rick Tocchet will Be a Good HC for Us (Randip Janda / Frank Corrado)

Rate this topic

TFerguson

Linden, Naslund, twins..we've seen about 3 decades of team leaders being the decent, reasonable & pleasant sort.

JT Miller is the talented, yet pouty & surly contrast in character. Does he ever think he gets his way from a snit? Enter RT.

Tocchet had JT's skill, & he'd prob kick his ass still today. We fight fire with fire here, & it just might work. Leading up to TDL(still 5 wks) we see if this kinda coach can get the max from this diverse bunch of personalities. It's particularly required for JTM, with his contract status changing at season-end. Perhaps if we took back a shorter, similar contract, we could choose to punt.

There are reasons this coaching change was needed now, if not 1 or 2 months sooner. Such things couldn't be stated through media.

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The solution to that problem is to buyout OEL and to trade Myers after we pay him the $5 million bonus in the summer.  Arizona might bite as they need to get to the cap floor and they would only be on the hook for $1 million in salary next year.  Once these guys are gone we can start to rebuild the defence.

Why wait until his bonus is paid to trade him. Couldn't they just trade Myers + $5 million for whatever to speed things along?

Edited by nuckin_futz

4 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Just going out on a limb here, but last game I watched Miller, and he came close a few times to scoring. But every time he failed, he looked up at the sky, got pissed off. One game (last one or the one before), Miller slammed his stick on the boards after going to the bench. The guy is a hothead. Tocchet has a lot of work to do with the team as he said, but is JT too much of a project? 

I've been noticing that too. 

If Miller is too much of a project, I think that also serves as a big distraction for the team. 

Not only do coaches need to try to find a way win as a team but on top of that, you need to do counselling sessions with a misbehaving player who throws constant temper tantrums? 

Then again as people here like to say, "hE's ShOwInG eMoTiOn" right?

lmao.

• RoughGame 1

3 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Have they not realized he is an evil criminal and deserves to be behind bars though? /sarcasm

Hockey is a tough business and tough guys know how to take things head on; he's done that.

Most of my bile came from others disrespecting Boudreau and that's not on Tocchett.

Bruce Boudreau was my favorite coach since Pat Quinn, who was my favorite ever.

The rest of my bile was the thing with the owner's wife and the stank of that, but it was a long time ago.

At this point I am resigned to the change, we are no longer the Good Guys.

It has come to this; so be it; I hope we have the refs and Bettman under control, if so.

Maybe we'll see at the draft lottery.

Bedard ? /s

Disclaimer:  I'm in my cups; in the early afternoon; life is good; and tough.

8 minutes ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

If Miller is too much of a project, I think that also serves as a big distraction for the team. 

Not only do coaches need to try to find a way win as a team but on top of that, you need to do counselling sessions with a misbehaving player who throws constant temper tantrums? 

lmao.

Maybe he's showing why he needs to be traded before his new contract kicks in.

8 hours ago, Alflives said:

JR wanted to bring in Tocchet after last season.  Our owner said no.  I wonder if Aquilini is learning he’s not the smartest in the room, when it comes to hockey ops? 

Curious... how do you know the owner said no? Speculation or do you know something? You may be absolutely right but I'm curious whether you're a reliable inside source. Any other tidbits you can share about the owner's involvement in Hockey Ops?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

lmao.

I don't mind him being upset about missing a chance. The Delia thing a few weeks back was too much. Emotion in the right direction is good. Emotion resulting in showing up teammates or making a bad line change is another thing altogether. 

3 minutes ago, SaneNuxFan said:

Curious... how do you know the owner said no? Speculation or do you know something? You may be absolutely right but I'm curious whether you're a reliable inside source. Any other tidbits you can share about the owner's involvement in Hockey Ops?

Seravelli was talking about it on 650.  

46 minutes ago, SaneNuxFan said:

please ignore. i replied to the wrong person lol

Edited by PetterssonOrPeterson

43 minutes ago, SaneNuxFan said:

I don't mind him being upset about missing a chance. The Delia thing a few weeks back was too much. Emotion in the right direction is good. Emotion resulting in showing up teammates or making a bad line change is another thing altogether. 

yep. 

that's the fine line between showing that you care and being a toxic teammate.

6 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The solution to that problem is to buyout OEL and to trade Myers after we pay him the $5 million bonus in the summer.  Arizona might bite as they need to get to the cap floor and they would only be on the hook for $1 million in salary next year.  Once these guys are gone we can start to rebuild the defence.

OEL is nothing to do about so it will be him, Hughes and a top 2 RD that cost money.

• 4 months later...
5 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Tocchet used to work on the docks, union's been on strike ...

He's down on his cap luck, it's tough, so tough

Allvin works the phones all day, working for the JR man

He brings home the pay, for trade love, mmm, for trade love ...

Okay. What song is that you’re alluding to? 

• Cheers 1