The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[proposal] CAR - VAN (Boeser deal)

I believe CAR is a good landing spot for CAR. They are such a well structured play driving team that could use a complimentary scorer/triggerman like Brock.  And given the length of his deal and age, I think he could be a good reclamation bet for CAR (especially if VAN is willing to retain).

The ask from VAN would obviously not be very high. I dont think VAN can target any of their top prospects like Drury etc. I propose:

To CAR

Mr. Boeser (1 million retain?)

To VAN

Noel Gunler (basically a younger less developed version of Boeser)

Draft pick (you tell me)

Canucks open up cap and get a good young SWEDISH player they can keep developing. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Angry Goose said:

I believe CAR is a good landing spot for CAR. They are such a well structured play driving team that could use a complimentary scorer/triggerman like Brock.  And given the length of his deal and age, I think he could be a good reclamation bet for CAR (especially if VAN is willing to retain).

The ask from VAN would obviously not be very high. I dont think VAN can target any of their top prospects like Drury etc. I propose:

To CAR

Mr. Boeser (1 million retain?)

To VAN

Noel Gunler (basically a younger less developed version of Boeser)

Draft pick (you tell me)

Canucks open up cap and get a good young SWEDISH player they can keep developing. 

Maybe the Canes want to get off of JK’s contract?  Boeser for JK? 

Carolina could certainly use a boost offensively, that being said they'd be better off bringing in a top six center. Their scoring on the wing could use a boost but it's honestly not bad by any stretch. https://www.capfriendly.com/depth-charts/hurricanes

What really jumps out is Kotkaniemi's 17 points in 48 games at center and Staal's 22 points in 47 games. They don't really have much down the middle After Aho's 43 in 41 thus far. The wrinkle is that Kotkaniemi is only 22, alternatively Staal is 34 and will be 35 in September. Staal's pace isn't bad by any means given his age and role, he'll probably be re-signed. Kotkaniemi gets a bit of a break given his age but at the same time that sort of production isn't enough for a team with cup aspirations. 

They'd do well to acquire Horvat, it's possible they might even be able to fit in both Horvat and Boeser though. 

They certainly could use wingers and we have plenty of them, but don't see them giving us one of their D. KK is the only one there who might not be in their plans with so many centers on that team surpassing him. Just under 5M for a longgg time and he's hardly producing any offence. He'd be a real project for us.

Boeser or Miller for KK would fit me fine. One bad contract for another but we get a lot younger.

I doubt they'd trade their captain but if they gave us Staal thats 6M in cap space they can free up. 

Imagine if we did Boeser AND Miller for Staal + KK. They upgrade their offence by about 100pts, we shed some serious cap and can resign Bo.

Win-win