The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rangers’ Pride Night goes sideways and Chicago Blackhawks refuse to wear pride jerseys

Rate this topic

Slegr

45 minutes ago, Heretic said:

How has "focusing" on them helped?  It hasn't - it's still the same.  

Not focusing is NOT the same as discriminating.  Come on man.  

How has focusing on marginalized groups helped?

Just because people were assaulted at the time for supporting change doesn't mean it didn't help. If we didn't focus on supporting marginalized members of our society change wouldn't happen.

If people wouldn't have taken a stand members of my family as recently 1996 could have been sent to resedential schools to have the savage beaten out of them. Gay people wouldn't have been able to get married in BC after 2005. My wife and I wouldn't have been able to ride the same bus in 1964, or be married in 1967. Before 1865 she may have been somebody's slave instead. My family would not exist if people didn't focus on the groups of people who currently need to be focused on.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Bad_BOI_pete said:

they had their event... and the left chose to ruin it... 100% support is an ideology... the LGBTQ community is demanding that the straight community must date them, or a bigot.. not everyone has to support this group, this group is not without flaws... demanding support is the ridiculous thing... especially when they are not without flaws

Is this on a manifesto somewhere? I can’t say I’ve ever interpreted the LGBTQ community’s message this way. 

Don’t throw the baby out with the bath water here. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

How has focusing on marginalized groups helped?

Just because people were assaulted at the time for supporting change doesn't mean it didn't help. If we didn't focus on supporting marginalized members of our society change wouldn't happen.

If people wouldn't have taken a stand members of my family as recently 1996 could have been sent to resedential schools to have the savage beaten out of them. Gay people wouldn't have been able to get married in BC after 2005. My wife and I wouldn't have been able to ride the same bus in 1964, or be married in 1967. Before 1865 she may have been somebody's slave instead. My family would not exist if people didn't focus on the groups of people who currently need to be focused on.

I chose my words poorly. 

I didn't mean to not focus - I meant continue?  Hmnn...no...what I mean is there shouldn't be segregation of any kind...and I believe some (not all) of the celebrations/directions are not inclusive.  

3 minutes ago, Heretic said:

I chose my words poorly. 

I didn't mean to not focus - I meant continue?  Hmnn...no...what I mean is there shouldn't be segregation of any kind...and I believe some (not all) of the celebrations/directions are not inclusive.  

Yeah, you did chose words poorly. But you chose to insert yourself into this discussion and there for should be held accountable for the words you chose. That's why I said something.

Edited by Shayster007
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Shayster007 said:

Transphobia has absolutely nothing to do with the subject at hand.

why because it doesn't fit your narrative? This is certainly up for debate... outcasting people is not OK

yes trans people are part of the LGBTQ community... and the fact that they blackmail society into being attracted to the group or you are a bigot...

this sets a tone of a surprise, surprise... shame... some may not support these actions... some would say this is unsupportable conduct.

some people might want kids... their own kids... a cys gen male could never get his trans women wife pregnant... that is enough a reason for many to not want to date a trans person...

• RoughGame 1

4 minutes ago, Bad_BOI_pete said:

why because it doesn't fit your narrative? This is certainly up for debate... outcasting people is not OK

yes trans people are part of the LGBTQ community... and the fact that they blackmail society into being attracted to the group or you are a bigot...

this sets a tone of a surprise, surprise... shame... some may not support these actions... some would say this is unsupportable conduct.

some people might want kids... their own kids... a cys gen male could never get his trans women wife pregnant... that is enough a reason for many to not want to date a trans person...

No, because you took one person opinion from one study and then declared that as the opinion of entire LGBTQ community. That's an ignoarant stereotyping of an entire community of diverse people base off one article. That's literally the reason why this is an issue is because people do things as befuddling as that.

Edited by Shayster007
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

No, because you took one person opinion from one study and then declared that as the opinion of entire LGBTQ community. That's an ignoarant stereotyping of an entire community of diverse people base off one article. That's literally the reason why this is an issue is because people do things as befuddling as that.

oh... you think its one person... hold my beer...

12 minutes ago, Bad_BOI_pete said:

oh... you think its one person... hold my beer...

You stereotyped an entire community, including members of the community that aren't even Trans, based off 1 article, and you're still going to try to defend it?

Edited by Shayster007

1 minute ago, Shayster007 said:

You stereotyped an entire community, including members of the community that aren't even Trans, based off 1 article, and you're still going to try to defend it?

Please, tell us about how smart you are some more.  

No im not... this is the majority of the community

try to find a source that proves me otherwise

• Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 1

1 minute ago, Bad_BOI_pete said:

No im not... this is the majority of the community

try to find a source that proves me otherwise

I don't have to try to prove anything. It's an absolutely ludicrous stereotyping that is exactly the problem this subject is trying to highlight. Really, truly obtuse.

• -SN- locked this topic