Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Mgmt PA/JR are Trying to do in VAN?

Rate this topic


Angry Goose

Recommended Posts

Mgmt states “major surgery” is needed, but what do they mean by that?

 

Does this Chara video provide a good example of what mgmt are (IMO) trying to build here?

 

 

Think about Kypreos “country club” comment.

 

If you look back on the conversations by PA/JR about how the PIT organization was run, there doesnt seem to be enough “leading” / providing the structure a winning organization needs.

 

Alot of the off ice changes (overhauling player development, focus on Abbotsford as a developmental tool etc) illustrate the direction mgmt wants to take.  During the prospects development camp, PA stated players will be provided with all the necessary resources they need so that there can be “no excuses” about not reaching their potential.  

 

Time will tell but I can already see the details of this new coaching staff are very good/will give players clear and productive direction (with where they need to improve).

 

Media has reported PA talks to Pettersson a lot regarding the direction of the organization. They seem to be leaning on him to become/grow into that Chara-like leader.   

 

Former Canuck Frank Corrado mentioned that one of Tocchet’s strengths is that he can help keep guys like Miller dialed in and to JT’s credit, help him with areas he wants to improve on. 

 

Have the Canucks been so deficient in areas organizationally that mgmt believe that if they can improve these areas (including the roster), this team can get better sooner rather than later? 

 

Discuss.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Fanuck said:

It's quite difficult to see management's vision for this organization when their actions regularly contradict their words.  This has been the case since day one. 

 

Not to mention they lost a lot of my confidence in their ability to lead and assess when they did the about face from 'this can be a playoff team with the right structure/system ' to 'this club requires major surgery '.  Again,  total contradiction of their initial assessment. 

Is it?  JR has said for a long time that we lacked structure, and gave up way too many high danger scoring g chances.  He said a lot that Demko masked our team’s poor play.  Not too sure what “major surgery” entails, but I will guess it’s not about changing the core and more about changing the supporting cast and style of play.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

JR has said for a long time that we lacked structure, and gave up way too many high danger scoring g chances.  

And then he left the entire coaching staff responsible for that lack of structure in place for essentially a season and a half and retained one of the main assistants also responsible when he finally decided to address his initial concerns????

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Fanuck said:

And then he left the entire coaching staff responsible for that lack of structure in place for essentially a season and a half and retained one of the main assistants also responsible when he finally decided to address his initial concerns????

JR tried to replace Bruce after last season, but our owner said no.  This whole mess starts and ends with Aquilini.  

  • Like 1
  • Cheers 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Alflives said:

JR tried to replace Bruce after last season, but our owner said no.  This whole mess starts and ends with Aquilini.  

Again, it keeps coming back to mixed messages,  JR has said he has total autonomy,  yet then he alluded to the fact the organization didn't want to be paying 2 coaches at the same time for one reason BB wasn't let go sooner  -  now the organization is paying 3 head  coaches.  

  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Again, it keeps coming back to mixed messages,  JR has said he has total autonomy,  yet then he alluded to the fact the organization didn't want to be paying 2 coaches at the same time for one reason BB wasn't let go sooner  -  now the organization is paying 3 head  coaches.  

JR said he didn’t want his owner paying for three coaches last summer.  Seravelli on 650 said our owner wouldn’t allow it.  Seravelli also said the best clubs don’t have owner’s meddling in hockey ops.  JR is an old boys’ club member.  He will say and do what the owner wants.  Aquilini set the direction.  JR has autonomy within the parameters of that direction.  

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This tdl will answer your question.

 

BB is still on the team,Miller stay or go?

 

Horvat what do they do?  

Myers? 

 

Schenn?  

 

If they can trade by next season 3 of them and get back something good then and only then will we know.

 

 

If not might as well fire them all.

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Devron said:

I ain’t watching a video of Chara 

Honestly, me neither. :lol:
 

For anyone who has watched it: Is that the one where Chara makes up lies about the Canucks practicing raising the Cup?

 

In all seriousness, though, I would agree that this team needs a major reset of its culture, organization-wide, and the roster needs to become more united and less fragmented (especially if the continual “cliques and factions” rumours from the past few years have any truth to them).

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
Typos
  • Cheers 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Angry Goose said:

Mgmt states “major surgery” is needed, but what do they mean by that?

 

Does this Chara video provide a good example of what mgmt are (IMO) trying to build here?

 

 

Think about Kypreos “country club” comment.

 

If you look back on the conversations by PA/JR about how the PIT organization was run, there doesnt seem to be enough “leading” / providing the structure a winning organization needs.

 

Alot of the off ice changes (overhauling player development, focus on Abbotsford as a developmental tool etc) illustrate the direction mgmt wants to take.  During the prospects development camp, PA stated players will be provided with all the necessary resources they need so that there can be “no excuses” about not reaching their potential.  

 

Time will tell but I can already see the details of this new coaching staff are very good/will give players clear and productive direction (with where they need to improve).

 

Media has reported PA talks to Pettersson a lot regarding the direction of the organization. They seem to be leaning on him to become/grow into that Chara-like leader.   

 

Former Canuck Frank Corrado mentioned that one of Tocchet’s strengths is that he can help keep guys like Miller dialed in and to JT’s credit, help him with areas he wants to improve on. 

 

Have the Canucks been so deficient in areas organizationally that mgmt believe that if they can improve these areas (including the roster), this team can get better sooner rather than later? 

 

Discuss.

Management has made a very big mess so far. It remains to be seen if they're able to fix their own mistakes. Their performance at this point is aptly summarized as a clown show. Their mistakes are spectacular and we feel compelled to keep watching. At the same time, it is not a good show. Everyone looks extremely miscast compared to what they have experience for, with JR being the exception, and not for good reasons.

 

JR has a few Stanley Cups. He has a wealth of experience that are unrivalled by most executives. However, the direction he has led his hand-picked team has been nothing short of disastrous. Moreover, he has taken on a primary role versus Allvin, who is supposed to be the GM.


As such, JR should be held the most accountable, with Allvin being a close second.

 

Yes, people should be blaming ownership for hiring incompetent staff, but JR should equally be blamed for his arrogance. He came into this club promising big changes, even slandering previous management for making mistakes. Then he makes those mistakes again, such as spending money in the UFA. Not to mention, the staff that he hired were HIS recommendations. Thus, he and his team has failed this team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...