The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do you trust Rutherford?

Rate this topic

DeepThoughts

Think he's a bit past his prime and bitten off more than he can chew with the Canucks. He must have thought it'd be an easy job a bit like in Pittsburgh with the star core players already there, and he just thought he'd have to shuffle some pieces around Miller, Bo and Petey. Now he's found it's a complete and utter mess and he'll have to break it down to the ground and build up again.

That, plus he's not really doing the day-to-day operations, he's left that for a rookie GM. So basically, we have a senior president who has only really ever had to make trades around a superstar core (so when they're bad, they haven't looked too bad), and a rookie GM who got taken to school by Miller's agent and so far hasn't made an impactful trades on the team in over a year.

I have lost all faith in this management group but of course they deserve some more time, but it would have been nice to see a few good moves here or there.

• Cheers 1

49 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Think he's a bit past his prime and bitten off more than he can chew with the Canucks. He must have thought it'd be an easy job a bit like in Pittsburgh with the star core players already there, and he just thought he'd have to shuffle some pieces around Miller, Bo and Petey. Now he's found it's a complete and utter mess and he'll have to break it down to the ground and build up again.

That, plus he's not really doing the day-to-day operations, he's left that for a rookie GM. So basically, we have a senior president who has only really ever had to make trades around a superstar core (so when they're bad, they haven't looked too bad), and a rookie GM who got taken to school by Miller's agent and so far hasn't made an impactful trades on the team in over a year.

I have lost all faith in this management group but of course they deserve some more time, but it would have been nice to see a few good moves here or there.

Where come this doom and gloom from?

They have done a few good moves and more.

They reshaped the organisation to be more modern instead of Bennings style.

Kuz, Mik, Bear, Millers contract(wich isn’t bad) and they managed to change coach before the owner wanted to.

They let prospects develop in Abbotsford.

So give them some credit at least.

Again, how long have they been in charge? 

• Haha 1
  • There it is 1

1 hour ago, Timråfan said:

Kuz, Mik, Bear, Millers contract(wich isn’t bad) and they managed to change coach before the owner wanted to.

respect your opinion, of course. Let me ask you one question? Have you ever had the opportunity/time to listen to an interview with Patrick Allvin or Jim Rutherford?

• There it is 1

39 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

respect your opinion, of course. Let me ask you one question? Have you ever had the opportunity/time to listen to an interview with Patrick Allvin or Jim Rutherford?

Only a bit with JR so I have a bit catch up to do.

I’ve read some respected posters opinion about them. Posters I trust a bit.

From the start they were positive.

• There it is 1

They have been very consistent so far. They say the right things and do the opposite. Need to clear cap and retool the D, so spend cap on more wingers backing themselves further into a corner that every GM can see and is trying to take advantage of.  
‘The on-ice plan looks exactly like Benning’s and somehow they have been worse from a PR side. 

2 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

They have been very consistent so far. They say the right things and do the opposite. Need to clear cap and retool the D, so spend cap on more wingers backing themselves further into a corner that every GM can see and is trying to take advantage of.  
‘The on-ice plan looks exactly like Benning’s and somehow they have been worse from a PR side. 

Yeah, I really think if management would at least be honest about things it would look more favourable for them. I don't feel they're being honest and, if they are, then that would mean they don't know how to get us out of this situation, which is even worse.

I now see many people on CDC whom, in the past, have generally defended this team (me included) who have now expressed concern. To me, that speaks the most volumes. If the fans can't trust management then clearly something needs to be done.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Yes... "they" is a big key word.

It's not that I don't TRUST JR, It's more like I don't think he brings anything to the table anymore. He is more like and elder "yes" man. 

He himself stated he has to keep his mouth shut. Talking openly to the media about his team. I think this whole fiasco is about JR and not BB. But BB was an unfortunate product of this. 

1 hour ago, DarthMelvin said:

Yes... "they" is a big key word.

It's not that I don't TRUST JR, It's more like I don't think he brings anything to the table anymore. He is more like and elder "yes" man. 

He himself stated he has to keep his mouth shut. Talking openly to the media about his team. I think this whole fiasco is about JR and not BB. But BB was an unfortunate product of this. 

The elderly and children gets away with most usually.

It seems people doesn’t realise how old JR is…

I trust his intentions and his track record speaks for itself. do I trust him inherently to get the job done? definitely not, but he's at the helm and none of us get a say, so kicking and screaming won't get us anywhere. might as well just strap in for the ride. 

Not at this point.

From his dealings with Boudreau seems to be dishonest and two-faced.

Who knows what he manages to do with the team's roster... so far not impressed with Horvat trade... although jury's out until the pick is done and till Raty has a chance to show his stuff.

• Cheers 1

This Horvat trade maybe helps slightly in my eyes (mostly because I love the Raty pickup), but I'll see what happens between now and the deadline.

This still shouldn't excuse the handling of Boudreau and Tocchet might be the 1st coach we've had where I'm hesitant with him right off the bat.

Edited by The Lock

43 minutes ago, gottalovethosenucks said:

Jim Rutherford is a fraud anyone can build a champion with Crosby and malkin ….. even Jim benning 

Wouldnt bet on it. His protégé Chiarelli couldn't get it done with ELC McDavid and Draisatl.