The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Report: Multiple NHL coaches blame Canucks ownership & Rutherford for Boudreau debacle

Rate this topic

fivethej

53 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Yes, a hack who writes articles for the Toronto Sun, which has a huge readership. These 'articles'

can have quite an impression on a population that knows very little about the Canucks. 

the dreck being churned out by vancouver writers about the canucks is far worse. 

literally everything ever published by canucks army has been unsuitable for human consumption. 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Nah, JR fired BB because he wanted another coach that fitted in JRs plans.

He held onto BB because of FA.

JR wanted to switch coach during the summer.

Seriously, did anyone really not see this coming , including BB? 

It was obvious BB was not JR's guy I am surprised JR kept him around this long.

Does an NHL coach seriously think he is untouchable, especially when the team is doing really awful? 

I seen BB's biggest issue is that he loves his job and didn't want to lose it. Totally understandable , but he had to have known his days were numbered whether somebody said so or not.

This is totally made up drama, "National Enquirer" stuff, nothing more.

55 minutes ago, BureBurrito said:

Ownership will rinse/repeat if the Canucks fail to make the playoffs next year and once again fire management. Next puppet in line for 2024-25 season.

You heard it here first.

Nah, management says major surgery to fend of FA.

So they probably have Tocchets contract. Period to show what they can do.

Did you hear that first here? 

25 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Seriously, did anyone really not see this coming , including BB? 

It was obvious BB was not JR's guy I am surprised JR kept him around this long.

Does an NHL coach seriously think he is untouchable, especially when the team is doing really awful? 

I seen BB's biggest issue is that he loves his job and didn't want to lose it. Totally understandable , but he had to have known his days were numbered whether somebody said so or not.

This is totally made up drama, "National Enquirer" stuff, nothing more.

He knew and it was no secret JR discussed the coach bit with FA 

Since BB has been in the same situation as Tocchet he knew how business is done so no surprises there.

Only drama queens and media trying to make a story out of it.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, King Heffy said:

The sole problem is Rutherford and Tocchet.  Once they're replaced with men who actually deserve to be treated with respect, I'll support the team again.

As long as Aqulini is the owner, the caliber of the GM and mgmt groups will not change. Because any GM and pres worth his salt isn't going to want to be associated with him. Then you're left with yes man.

The sole cause of this is ownership. And you are definitely going to be waiting a while by your standard.

1 hour ago, Timråfan said:

The team had a great turn around and reaction when BB came aboard. So I don't get the firing. 

Where is stated that JR wanted a new coach in the Summer? Odd when we had a great attempt to get in to the post season last year. 

Just now, DSVII said:

As long as Aqulini is the owner, the caliber of the GM and mgmt groups will not change. Because any GM and pres worth his salt isn't going to want to be associated with him. Then you're left with yes man.

The sole cause of this is ownership. And you are definitely going to be waiting a while by your standard.

Weird that literally every other management group under Aquilini at least conducted themselves appropriately and didn't have character issues. Rutherford and his outright refusal to act like a professional has been far more disgraceful to the franchise than the incompetence of his predecessors.  This dirtbag simply cannot be allowed to be feel welcome in Vancouver for any reason.

1 hour ago, Timråfan said:

JR has publicly said he has total autonomy, but now you're suggesting FA influenced the decision to keep BB as long as they did?   

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Weird that literally every other management group under Aquilini at least conducted themselves appropriately and didn't have character issues. Rutherford and his outright refusal to act like a professional has been far more disgraceful to the franchise than the incompetence of his predecessors.  This dirtbag simply cannot be allowed to be feel welcome in Vancouver for any reason.

No one reported on Travis Green being strung out like this for weeks before his firing too, with names like Claude Julien being floated about. It just so happens his name isn't as respected as Bruce and ownership held up the process. Again this is organizational starting with the owners.

Not to mention the absence of leadership during the covid infection debacle. It took JT miller of all people stepping up to tell the league about the situation while the GM and AGM went scouting. Is that not unacceptable conduct? 

Also keep in mind Rutherford has managed multiple franchises over decades. Has there ever been a time he's had this situation where he strung a coach along like this? Or did he conduct himself like a pro those times? I heard nothing out of pitts or carolina on how hes handled their coaching changes. So What's changed in the equation since? He's reporting to an owner who doesn't want to pay 3 coaches at a time and had to be convinced to. 

But whatever , I digress. Please enjoy being a Kraken fan. Even if this front office changes please stay a Kraken fan. You'll be a lot happier

Edited by DSVII

8 minutes ago, DarthMelvin said:

The team had a great turn around and reaction when BB came aboard. So I don't get the firing. 

Where is stated that JR wanted a new coach in the Summer? Odd when we had a great attempt to get in to the post season last year. 

BB was hired BEFORE JR. He was not his guy and I believe there was mention of having so many coaches on the pay role so I don't think they wanted to do anything until BB's contract ran out. The media sped up the process when they made Tocchet public. 

BB's record last year and this year are like night and day. Coaches are usually the first to go when the team is losing that is a given.

All that has happened the last couple of seasons pointed to BB losing his job at some point, unless he was to get this team into the playoffs.

This team was not going anywhere with this line up and coaches.

The biggest fix BB needed to address was "structure" and that never occured.

18 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

More drama.......Yay! :picard:

23 minutes ago, DarthMelvin said:

You had the quotes that Demko saved the team 

This from May in the Province “We’d like to see our team play a more structured game and not depend on our goalie as much,” said Rutherford.

This was before the summer.

So when JR said the same this season a lot of drama queens talked about throwing BB under the bus… For real.

BB winning because of Demko and couldn’t adapt whe Demko were injured. JR saw that last season.

Edited by Timråfan

10 minutes ago, DSVII said:

No one reported on Travis Green being strung out like this for weeks before his firing too, with names like Claude Julien being floated about. It just so happens his name isn't as respected as Bruce and ownership held up the process. Again this is organizational starting with the owners.

Not to mention the absence of leadership during the covid infection debacle. It took JT miller of all people stepping up to tell the league about the situation while the GM and AGM went scouting. Is that not unacceptable conduct? 

But whatever , I digress. Please enjoy being a Kraken fan. Even if this front office changes please stay a Kraken fan. You'll be a lot happier

Its funny the "Kraken fan" hasn't realized this is a "CANUCK" FORUM and we don't really care about his useless comments.::D

1 minute ago, Timråfan said:

You had the quotes that Demko saved the team 

This from May in the Province “We’d like to see our team play a more structured game and not depend on our goalie as much,” said Rutherford.

This was before the summer.

So when JR said the same this season a lot of drama queens talked about throwing BB under the bus… For real.

BB couldn’t adapt winning due to Demko and JR saw that last season.

I thought this was pretty obvious to most of us. 

NHL Coach Wins? = Keeps job

NHL Coach losses? = GETS FIRED! 

16 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

JR has publicly said he has total autonomy, but now you're suggesting FA influenced the decision to keep BB as long as they did?   

Yes, you remember that JR talked about not letting the owner pay for three coaches at the same time.

Do you think JR said that without checking with FA about replacing BB?

15 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Well, JR wanted to change coach regardless of BB winning a lot last season.

Yes I know, I realized that. That become obvious as soon as JR got here and listening to his first interviews and the ones that came after. He never gave BB a vote of confidence, ever, so it came as no surprise he was let go. 

BB's popularity and his contract were the only things that kept him afloat this long.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

BB was hired BEFORE JR. He was not his guy and I believe there was mention of having so many coaches on the pay role so I don't think they wanted to do anything until BB's contract ran out. The media sped up the process when they made Tocchet public. 

BB's record last year and this year are like night and day. Coaches are usually the first to go when the team is losing that is a given.

All that has happened the last couple of seasons pointed to BB losing his job at some point, unless he was to get this team into the playoffs.

This team was not going anywhere with this line up and coaches.

The biggest fix BB needed to address was "structure" and that never occured.

yeah 3 days before...but I didn't mention anything about when he was hired. Nor do I care. What II want to know is why we are only looking at coaches and not the players or player management. 

Media may speak on it, but why would that speed up anything?

I don't care what anyone says.  Honestly, this is essentially tabloid garbage.

But if anyone thinks for one second that credible and professional back end staff aren't looking at this and other moves made by Ruthervin, that players aren't looking at what has occurred for almost a decade or more with Canucks being injured and having lingering or missed health issues; and second guessing the potential of signing with the organization they're wrong.

There has been issues with this club and management for some time but this last few months have been kind of excessive and have put the team on numerous radars for negative reasons.  

Opinions aside, the source of this aside.  There's little doubt in my mind that everyone is kind of looking at this club as a tire fire and they'd be absolutely in the right for making that assumption when weighing the potential about signing here in any fashion

• elephant 1