The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

I am actually really happy with the trade. It's a rental trade, that may turn into a re-sign. But we got a 1st rounder in a good draft, a good center prospect, and Beauvillier I kinda like. Obviously I was team trade Miller and keep our captain. But I was fully expecting us to not even get a 1st rounder. And like I said before, I made this trade in the game. I think Raty has upside and a 1st rounder that very well could be mid teens is good for a guy we had no plans to bring back.

• Cheers 3
  • Wat 1
  • There it is 1

Just now, N7Nucks said:

I am actually really happy with the trade. It's a rental trade, that may turn into a re-sign. But we got a 1st rounder in a good draft, a good center prospect, and Beauvillier I kinda like. Obviously I was team trade Miller and keep our captain. But I was fully expecting us to not even get a 1st rounder. And like I said before, I made this trade in the game. I think Raty has upside and a 1st rounder that very well could be mid teens is good for a guy we had no plans to bring back.

I wouldn't put it past us to trade the 1st for a RHD somewhere. Who knows, but yeah need some time to process this

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Brutal return. Does nothing to fix this team long term.

I was really hoping we wouldn’t do a deal with Lou…

Allvin just got taken to the woodshed.

Yeah, I'm underwhelmed by this return honestly

Raty's a good prospect and all and a 1st is a 1st, but Beauvillier? 

Underwhelmed 

9 minutes ago, Tank4Bedard said:

TIME TO CHEER AGAINST THE ISLANDERS SO WE GET THE 15th overall pick or so

Don't kid yourself, we'll just draft another wing

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Brutal return. Does nothing to fix this team long term.

I was really hoping we wouldn’t do a deal with Lou…

Allvin just got taken to the woodshed.

Underwhelmed by the return too, but last time we dealt with Lou on a significant trade we got the upper hand lol.

• Cheers 1