The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Aatu Räty | #27 | C

DSVII

Did he have a growth spurt or something? I remember he was 5'10 or 5'11 when I was reading his profile in his draft year, or am I remembering it wrong?

Taller than I thought and has a projectable frame. Could work out pretty well for us.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Canucks_fo_life said:

Nice goal but in the "old" NHL, the defender checking him would not have done a fly-by but land a hard hit on Raty.

NHL surely did a great job eliminating hits from the game. I like the speed and skill but that's my one complaint about the current NHL.

1 minute ago, DrJockitch said:

Hope they send him straight to Abby. Good things could happen there. 
Play him with Podz and see what happens.  
Better to win in Abby than what is going to happen in Van. 

That was the plan in a report. He is going straight to Abby.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

From what I've seen of him and what I've read, he's a solid 200ft 2-way centre with a scoring touch.  TBH, wouldn't surprise me one bit if he becomes a 50 to 60 point, 2-way 2C.  Sound familiar?  

So a younger version of Bo with a stronger defensive game. On top of that we get a 1st. Nice.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

So a younger version of Bo with a stronger defensive game. On top of that we get a 1st. Nice.

That's how I see it.  He has all the tools (even does well on faceoffs >50% in the NHL so far).  Just needs to adapt to North America.

Remember, the kid was 19 years old as recent as November.  He's very young still.

Edited by HKSR
  • Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

6 minutes ago, HKSR said:

From what I've seen of him and what I've read, he's a solid 200ft 2-way centre with a scoring touch.  TBH, wouldn't surprise me one bit if he becomes a 50 to 60 point, 2-way 2C.  Sound familiar?  

How many teams win Cups without their top two centres playing defensively smart?  Gretzky, Lemieux.  Others? Having our two top centres playing 200 foot hockey, while putting up 160 or so points would be fantastic.  

1 minute ago, Nave said:

Stoked we got Raty. He played really well for Jukerit in the Liiga after being drafted. Proved that he shouldn't have dropped in the draft.
Glad he's going to play in Abbotsford. Really psyched to see who he plays with, and if he helps us in the playoffs. 

He’s a lot bigger than I thought.  Growth spurt?  He could be an absolute steal. Big, skilled, smart, 200 foot centre.  

• Like 1

I am definitely excited about this kid. Big, good skater, great hands, wicked shot, and has a good all around game. I really think he'll be a great middle 6 center for us. Confidence is key though, if we can get him believing in himself we just got ourselves a massive win. He has all the tools to dominate. Should fit in with Tocchet's system as well. Sounds like he's a two way kind of guy. Giggity.

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • There it is 1