The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Aatu Räty | #27 | C

DSVII

Really hope he flourishes into the top 3 prospect he was touted to be. We haven't had the best luck with developing prospects so I wouldn't mind him in the NHL under Tocchet as early as the end of this season/next year.

Is he now our best prospect, better than Lekker or Podz or Rathbone? I'd probably say so.

I'd be happy if he ends up a consistent 2nd line two way 60pt center. He doesn't have to become a superstar, just support Petey at 2C.

4 hours ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

We passed on Raty to get Klimovich. I like it when we get both options back.

Which is why  we should have signed nichushkin.

Kind of how like Lou ends up with Bo and Schneider lol.

But seriously I think Klimovich and Raty are at very similar places in their development, same team now and they're scoring in the AHL at around the same clip. Should make for some good healthy competition.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

We passed on Raty to get Klimovich. I like it when we get both options back.

Which is why  we should have signed nichushkin.

Nichushkin very possibly just didn’t want to come here. The man won a cup 

I haven't seen this kid play much and it seems like most people haven't by the wildly differing scouting reports on him. Not much recent gameplay of hime either.

Starting to like what I'm seeing in Abby, hope they leave all the kids down there to have some success and gain chemistry.

21 minutes ago, FlyLow_ said:

I haven't seen this kid play much and it seems like most people haven't by the wildly differing scouting reports on him. Not much recent gameplay of hime either.

Starting to like what I'm seeing in Abby, hope they leave all the kids down there to have some success and gain chemistry.

How do islander fans feel about him? 

Usually a good indication

12 minutes ago, Muttley said:

Wonder what they'll have to say about the Vancouver Canuck's organization?

They aren't Canuck-centric like the fans.  They are probably overjoyed that their boy is going to a team

that is more euro-based and will likely get a better chance to develop into the best player he can be (see

Barzal and Wahlstrom).

1 minute ago, RomanP said:

Raty - Podkolzin - Klimovich looks like a hell of a line in a couple of years. All big, tenacious, can score.

Exactly what I was thinking, Roman.  That could be something for us in the future.  Hopefully Abby goes on a long playoff run.

I liked the Scouching Report on him, seems like confidence/coaching is his biggest issue.  The kid just turned 20 a couple months ago, Twins will work their magic with him.

7 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Kind of how like Lou ends up with Bo and Schneider lol.

But seriously I think Klimovich and Raty are at very similar places in their development, same team now and they're scoring in the AHL at around the same clip. Should make for some good healthy competition.

One important factor in comparing the two would be the level of their development.  

Danila played in a tier 2 Belorussian league with who knows what kind of coaching.  He's got the one and a half year in AHL. 

Aaty Ratu was a young 15-16 year old phenom that moved up the ranks very fast and was getting much better coaching in Liiga. He's got 4 years in Liiga already under his belt and this year in AHL/NHL.